Need New Air Compressor

Help Support CattleToday:

slick4591

Reaction score
I've never owned anything larger than a pancake size and it just went out for the second time. It's never been larger enough for several things I've tried doing. Need suggestions what size I will need in order to run a small shop, although I'll never use it that hard. Yes, I'm going to Harbor Freight.

slick4591":2y3t2oom said:
I've never owned anything larger than a pancake size and it just went out for the second time. It's never been larger enough for several things I've tried doing. Need suggestions what size I will need in order to run a small shop, although I'll never use it that hard. Yes, I'm going to Harbor Freight.

Slick,
I can't tell you what to do but I had a harbor freight special and I will tell you save a lil more money and get something better. I love the one I just bought there on sale I think till April 1 for 450.00 bucks here. Did you see my post on the one I bought I have it plummed for 1/2 inch hose and 3/8. It has been used heavily with a framing gun and some air wrenches plenty of power and air. If you have any particular questions pm me ill answer or pm your number and ill text or call you. If you want some longevity do not seek harbor freight for an compressor. I love HF go there few times a week but that is not something I will buy again.

INgersal Rand or try Sears. Sears has a few compressor sales a year. Sounds like one of their @40gallon ones on wheels might fit your needs. No Harbor Freight!

Thanks, but Sears has gone to one catalog store for 50 miles and the Ingersal Rand breaks my bank. I was really wanting to pick one up today, but that may not be possible.

M-5":1i04qc8n said:
FWIW , I bought this one for our whse 2 years ago its used to air up tires 99% of the time. I have had a couple of customers use it to change some tires with their impact wrench and it did ok . i would not want this for my home shop because it wouldn't keep up with all my air tools

https://www.harborfreight.com/21-gal-25 ... 61454.html

That's what I use to have

skyhightree1":2bde1q0v said:
I have a porter cable pancake compressor for in house stuff like brad nailing etc
I have a twin tank Rigid that I've put a new piston and rinds in. They work great as a portable air tank to take to the field.

True Grit Farms":1mu3kz56 said:
skyhightree1":1mu3kz56 said:
I have a porter cable pancake compressor for in house stuff like brad nailing etc
I have a twin tank Rigid that I've put a new piston and rinds in. They work great as a portable air tank to take to the field.

Yes sir your right about that

slick4591":2esu35za said:
Supa Dexta":2esu35za said:
Doesn't sound like you need anything too major. Grab a makita 5200

That is 90 PSI which is what I have now and it wouldn't run an impact wrench.

Depends what you need for CFM, thats saying it will do 6.5cfm @ 90 psi.. It'll do 140 psi tops though.

Stopped by Home Depot to look was going to buy a 30 gallon store brand, but couldn't get anyone to help me. There was a guy ahead of me that said he'd been there 25 minutes and six intercom pages and no one showed. I left after 15 minutes and 4 pages and went to Lowes. Pretty quick and easy there as I walked out with 26 gallon Kobalt in about 10 minutes. I guess I'll see how she holds up. Thanks for the suggestions.

I bought item# 62785 at HF and have no complaints. I run impacts, air ratchets, framing nailers etc off it. My son and I both using on our hot rods etc and it performs very well, Now if doing a lot with the air ratchet, it will deplete air supply and you have to wait for it build back up, usually not a very long wait. I got it on one of the sales, It think it was around 230.00 or so. I have a friend that is an assistant manager there and she told me on items like this to get the 1 yr warranty. Before the year was up, bring it in and say its not working for this or that reason and they will replace with new unit. According to her most of the contractor customers do this. Of course I learned this after I bought the air compressor. I do follow her advise on the other power tools I buy. I just bought one of their 13.00 air hammers and let me tell you, that was the best 13.00 ever spent. I was having very tough time remove the drain that held our old cast iron tub captive in the bath room. I spent hours with pipe wrenchs, hammers, chisels. After 2 minutes with the air hammer the tub was set free and promptly removed.

Latest posts