New disc mower

Help Support CattleToday:

I bought a 9 ft 2 in cut Krone in 2014 and all I have done to it is change blades a few times. This has been used to mow 125 acres of steep, rough ground twice a year. I only have a couple of fields that I can mow faster than 5 mph and stay in the tractor seat, and I spend more time looking for a flat spot than I do bailing.

My only regret is I wish I had gotten a 10 ft 6 inch mower. I pull it with 5100E 4x4 and am amazed at how easy it pulls even on steep ground. I feel i could handle the next size larger just fine. If this one ever dies I will be buying another Krone.

Kenny, you are welcome to come try one out if you want to come to Carter County in a couple of weeks.

I bought a 9 ft 2 in cut Krone in 2014 and all I have done to it is change blades a few times. This has been used to mow 125 acres of steep, rough ground twice a year. I only have a couple of fields that I can mow faster than 5 mph and stay in the tractor seat, and I spend more time looking for a flat spot than I do bailing.

My only regret is I wish I had gotten a 10 ft 6 inch mower. I pull it with 5100E 4x4 and am amazed at how easy it pulls even on steep ground. I feel i could handle the next size larger just fine. If this one ever dies I will be buying another Krone.

Kenny, you are welcome to come try one out if you want to come to Carter County in a couple of weeks.
I appreciate the welcome. I think i am going to try out a few different brands this summer and maybe wait until the off season to buy.

Latest posts