need help with vermeer 605f baler

Help Support CattleToday:

wyorancher

Reaction score
hi everyone, i am new on here. thought i might give it a try. right now i have a 605f vermeer, having trouble with it. the pto will run and turn but not through the gear bos on baler. it will start a bale and then stop. gets very hot. any ideas????
thanks to all
mike

Don't know about the Vermeer but on our Hesston there is a set of slip clutches just after the gear box, if yours has a set of these they could need adjusting.

It's the slip clutches. They're pretty simple once you get to looking at them. You should have some asbestos plates that act as a clutch along the pto driveline. It kind of looks like a hamburger bun and the plates should be visible. You might have to get some new plates, then adjust the nut to tighten the pressure on the plates to get more friction to turn the bale. I found that once the plates get heated up and get that glaze on them I really had to crank down on them to get them to hold friction, then I had to question what good the plates were.

wyorancher":heb1xh2j said:
hi everyone, i am new on here. thought i might give it a try. right now i have a 605f vermeer, having trouble with it. the pto will run and turn but not through the gear bos on baler. it will start a bale and then stop. gets very hot. any ideas????
thanks to all
mike

Your clutch is slipping. Likely you may need to replace the bevel springs as well as the clutch disc.

Slip clutches. We have a 605F that did the same thing. We were able to tighten them up and get thru the season. Once they slip though they do glaze up. Before we put it away we replaced the discs.

Once we got all the kinks out (bought well used) it has been one terrific baler.

Latest posts