Name that breed

Help Support CattleToday:

East Caney

Reaction score
I've been a Beefmaster fan since I was first introduced to the breed. I'm sure you all are well aware of that. Having said that, I like to give credit where credit is due. A good bull of any breed is definitely worth noting. As I have stated on these boards, I really like a thick-ended bull. I was recently able to take a picture of what I think is a really good bull. I thought you all may like a chance to guess the breed. Maybe it's time I make a switch from Beefmasters...

Hindquarter.jpg

Name that breed...

EC

EC, we need to schedule an intervention if you are seriously thinking of switching from Beefmasters to another breed. :)

ANAZAZI":3hj7cpmm said:
I have seriously considered and think that it must be a beefmaster!

I thought the same thing. From the angle from the hooks to the pins it sure looks like Brahman influence and the solid red with with misplaced white skunk stripe, well...........

I'm thinking more along the lines of a Simmental...the muscularity of the tailhead and the rear quarter really shows up, and the sheath is too tight to be of any brahman descent in him. If he was hereford he wouldn't have that much muscling up in the tailhead like that, at least not from what I've seen of pictures of hereford bulls. The white under the belly also gives it away.

So I'm going with Simmental, period.

I appreciate the replies. I'd like to give more people a chance to analyze and make their thoughts known before I give up the answer. Don't be shy folks...step right up and name that breed! :nod:

EC

Considering the improvement that the Hereford Breed has made recently in their Phenotype, I have to say that this is a Hereford.

DOC HARRIS

Latest posts