That ear in action

Help Support CattleToday:

When did anybody in the thread ever say "eared cattle do just as well in extreme cold as non eared cattle"?
There is always a lit of discussion about running cattle with ear, what they can and can't do, where they can and can't go.

Watch these guys. Pretty interesting to see the F1s in the mountains and snow.
Silly me I actually thought this thread was about what eared cattle can and can't do. And the claim in the first post on this thread that claims they can thrive in the snow and used a video as proof.
So weird to actually discuss where eared cattle can and can't thrive in a thread that was started for that exact reason🤔

Last edited:
I was actually not trying to push either way as far as having those cattle there.

IF some of yall would actually watch, when they brought the cattle from sea level to the mountains they did have some issues with cattle laying down. They suspected it was from the elevation change which may be. Or it could be Brimmers just getting POed. That's how they throw a tantrum. 😄

On another video, it does snow pretty good earlier than usual and they are gathering all the cattle on the mountains and bring them down because they claim they will freeze.

From some other stuff I have seen its pretty big temp swings from the mountains down to ground level.

I understand why they have a youtube channel. It looks like a hard way to make a living.

If someone is looking for a fight it is not me. I am staying on topic of where and what eared cattle can and can't do and where they can and can't thrive.
I am not the one doing personal attacks.
Seems some can't handle different opinions.
So was posting a link that showed eared cattle in snow not implying they could thrive in those conditions.
If not why post it.
so why not stay on topic of what eared cattle can and can't do and where they can and can't survive.
Or better yet what areas of the country they can produce a profit.

IMOO, those guys are whoopeekiyaa idiots that wouldn't last an hour on this place without an azz rippin' . Have watched quite a few of their videos in hopes of seeing them grow up. A little too much team roper genetics and not enough true blood cowmen there.
There are several on here that handle far more cattle in just as or rougher country than pictured with a lot less bodies.

As far as the condition of the cattle, they aren't real fleshy on winter range, will the trend of losing weight continue on feed in trying to keep warm?

IMOO, those guys are whoopeekiyaa idiots that wouldn't last an hour on this place without an azz rippin' . Have watched quite a few of their videos in hopes of seeing them grow up. A little too much team roper genetics and not enough true blood cowmen there.
There are several on here that handle far more cattle in just as or rougher country than pictured with a lot less bodies.

As far as the condition of the cattle, they aren't real fleshy on winter range, will the trend of losing weight continue on feed in trying to keep warm?
With where they are, it won't be long at all before they have what they consider a spring. And I agree, they sling about 10X more rope than is needed and they all pride themselves on how they handle situations that they could have avoided.

It was neither explicitly stated nor implied.
You inferred it.

There's a big difference.
Does it really matter? I thought this was a discussion forum. If someone thinks something is implied, or not... or inferred, or not... does it really matter? Isn't the content and the quality of the discourse what matters? If something leads in a logical train of thought from the initial post... including these points made about the conversation itself, aren't they worth considering? We aren't required to jump to conclusions. Let people speak with some benefit of the doubt.

In my opionion these guys are about as real as the cowboys on Yellowstone.
Nothing more then a script to film and make money off.

Latest posts