That ear in action

Help Support CattleToday:

Well that is snow but barely enough to mention. And it sure isn't cold. Note that one guy is wearing a tee shirt. I have no doubt that those F-1s will raise a calf (although no calves in the video I watched). The problem here is you will absolutely get killed come sale time. I have watched well over 20,000 calves sell this fall and winter. The hand full of eared calves I saw brought $1.00-1.10. At the same time black and red Angus, Charolais crosses, and black or red baldies sold for over $2.00.

Well that is snow but barely enough to mention. And it sure isn't cold. Note that one guy is wearing a tee shirt. I have no doubt that those F-1s will raise a calf (although no calves in the video I watched). The problem here is you will absolutely get killed come sale time. I have watched well over 20,000 calves sell this fall and winter. The hand full of eared calves I saw brought $1.00-1.10. At the same time black and red Angus, Charolais crosses, and black or red baldies sold for over $2.00.
Where you are, that makes sense.

So what? 😄

I would encourage you to ship a couple semi loads of eared cattle to Wyoming. Run them for a year ,then let us know how much money you make.

Last edited:
I would encourage you to ship a couple semi loads of eared cattle to Wyoming. Run them for a year ,then let us know how much money you make.

Not disagreeing with the point of your challenge, but you do realize there's more to profit than the size of the paycheck....or do you??

I worked on a BTO when I got out of high school. Ran quite a few brangus cows. They survived fine, but the bulls did not. Once they freeze their Johnson their working days are over.

Edit to add: I didn't see any cold in the videos

He's not making money off the cattle, less than 20 cows per cutter crew member.
They make their money selling nostalgia online through videos and with $50 event tickets and $60 hoodies for kids.
The more power to them.

Last edited:
What does any of yalls crying have any thing to do with this post?

It's a video of guys in the deserts of Utah and yall come ranting about Wyoming, and snow, and cattle prices, making money... wah wah wah...

Did I say any thing about making money... did I say haul cattle to to Canada... did I say any thing about what their calves would do ??????

I said... look at the F1s in the mountains and snow... thats it.

If yall are so passionate... call them and tell them they are doing it all wrong.... not us. 🤣 I'm sure they would love to hear yalls expert opinions.

... and to top it off. Based off some yalls responses... I don't think yall even watched or listened to what they say before typing...

Not disagreeing with the point of your challenge, but you do realize there's more to profit than the size of the paycheck....or do you??
You do realize dead cows do not produce a calf check?
Probably can find video of eared cattle in snow Texas as well.
Doesn't mean they can or will hold up to continual snow and windy conditions.
In Utah 30-60 miles can make a huge difference.
Totally different climate in Saint George and Cedar City Utah even though they are less then 60 miles apart.
So when are you guys sending the semi loads of eared cattle to Wyoming , to show us dumb asses how well eared cattle can do?

You do realize dead cows do not produce a calf check?
Probably can find video of eared cattle in snow Texas as well.
Doesn't mean they can or will hold up to continual snow and windy conditions.
In Utah 30-60 miles can make a huge difference.
Totally different climate in Saint George and Cedar City Utah even though they are less then 60 miles apart.
So when are you guys sending the semi loads of eared cattle to Wyoming , to show us dumb asses how well eared cattle can do?
Your a idiot

Your a idiot
So when are you shipping eared cattle to Wyoming? I am sure people from Texas can teach people who have raised cattle in the intermountain west their entire lives how to do it properly.
It's not the snow that is the biggest issue ,it's the wind combined with low temperatures. Eared cattle are designed to disapate heat rather than retain it. See how well they do in areas that have wind 250 plus days a year . Combined with cold temperatures and snow.

Last edited:
So when are you shipping eared cattle to Wyoming? I am sure people from Texas can teach people who have raised cattle in the intermountain west how to do it properly.
It's not the snow that is the biggest issue ,it's the wind combined with low temperatures. Eared cattle are designed to disapate heat rather than retain it. See how well they do in areas that have wind 250 plus days a year . Combined with cold temperatures and snow.

So when are you shipping eared cattle to Wyoming? I am sure people from Texas can teach people who have raised cattle in the intermountain west their entire lives how to do it properly.

Does cold weather cause one to make a ridiculous point that has nothing to do with the topic. Then proceed to argue with yourself?? That's gotta be rough.

Latest posts