Name that Breed

Help Support CattleToday:

Finally sold Claudia's calf, Alejandro. yesterday at Fairview. Spur of the moment, the other heifer that never went into the lot, went in after some soft pushing with the truck, then BAM, shut that gate. & literally ran around lot to close the other gate.😂😂😂
Alejandro did not sell sooner because he was the one who busted up the panels last time. The brahma definitely showed up in him, more ways than one.😂😂😂

1208210828_HDR.jpg1208210824_HDR.jpg

He did get the squirts about a month ago, got him doctored up, but it did set him back. He sold with another black steer we took in but they had to be at least 100 lbs apart but sale barn put em together, but not complaining lol jus never seen em do that before. Together they weighed 800lbs & brought $1.69.
Screenshots_2021-12-11-07-59-50.png

Screenshots_2021-12-11-07-38-28.png
Heres the heifer, Garlic, that never went in nor eats cubes, standing next to her first calf mother Ginger. She weighed 400lbs & brought $1.50
Also took in two smaller heifers. Two calves left, ones the bottle baby pet🙄 & keeping the other one as a replacement.
Last pic of Claudia later in the day. Never to shy away from free food😂
1210211238.jpg

I've been to fairview a time or two.
First animals I sold there, was 2 dud black heifers that failed to do their job! One aborted, the other failed to raise her calf.
And some pretty nice calves.
They sold 1 dud heifer by herself.
Then they sold the other dud heifer with one of my big red heifer calves!!
The red heifer was half the age of that worthless black one.

Knowing what I know now, I'd a shut that shat down!

But yeah... it happens alot there or so I've heard.

The last one, I told them to preg her THEN sell her. I knew she was bred!
They sold her then pregged her. Guess what?? Buyer didn't want her. EXACTLY what I wanted to avoid. It was late in the sale so she had to sit there another week losing weight. About another 50 pounds by my calculations. She had been weighed repeatedly.

They didn't charge me to feed her for another week tho. For all the good it did.

I love the bottle heifer!
Don't wanna keep her for a replacement?

I've been to fairview a time or two.
First animals I sold there, was 2 dud black heifers that failed to do their job! One aborted, the other failed to raise her calf.
And some pretty nice calves.
They sold 1 dud heifer by herself.
Then they sold the other dud heifer with one of my big red heifer calves!!
The red heifer was half the age of that worthless black one.

Knowing what I know now, I'd a shut that shat down!

But yeah... it happens alot there or so I've heard.

The last one, I told them to preg her THEN sell her. I knew she was bred!
They sold her then pregged her. Guess what?? Buyer didn't want her. EXACTLY what I wanted to avoid. It was late in the sale so she had to sit there another week losing weight. About another 50 pounds by my calculations. She had been weighed repeatedly.

They didn't charge me to feed her for another week tho. For all the good it did.

I love the bottle heifer!
Don't wanna keep her for a replacement?
I remember the story on the bred heifer, i missed that it was Fairview. Wasn't my go to choice originally but the handful of calves brought decent prices. Waited in line over a hour to unload.

That bottle heifer was born late June. She's growing but not much. I don't want to keep her but im outnumbered: sister & her husband said keep as did my parents😂😂

I remember the story on the bred heifer, i missed that it was Fairview. Wasn't my go to choice originally but the handful of calves brought decent prices. Waited in line over a hour to unload.

That bottle heifer was born late June. She's growing but not much. I don't want to keep her but im outnumbered: sister & her husband said keep as did my parents😂😂
Very nice!
I was afraid I was gonna have to make an offer on her!
When she FINALLY grows up and gives you a calf it'll all be worth it!

Very nice!
I was afraid I was gonna have to make an offer on her!
When she FINALLY grows up and gives you a calf it'll all be worth it!
He!! Make me an offer. Sometimes better to ask for forgiveness than permission.😂😂 stil have her worthless, no milk producing mother around. Why? I don't have a good reason other than the other half owner doesn't want to sell anything.
Anyway, she's a sweet calf. Tried giving her the bottle today but she jus wanted the sweet feed.lol

Hello all! Been a long time since I logged in, took a break, and started lurking again. My brother in law and I bought a few head of cows, a box of crayons really, but this cow has become my favorite, but I am not sure what her is in her woodpile. Her name is Claudia.lol
Hopefully, posting the picture actually works. Here goes...
View attachment 2400
I say jersey x red angus

Latest posts