MYTTY IN FOCUS quit producing

Help Support CattleToday:

Frankie":3rpubhjt said:
cfpinz":3rpubhjt said:
I was referring to baldies, not straight herfs. Find all the links you want, there's no substitute for experience - which you stated above that you do not have. Not looking for an arguement, just get tired of your b.s.

MY BS? Jeeze, you jump into a thread aimed at ANGUS breeders and suggest that I use a "real" bull, a Hereford, and say I'm slinging BS? What would you say if I jumped into some of the Hereford threads going on this board and suggested those guys should be using "real bulls", an Angus? I'm sure you would welcome me with open arms? :roll:

I don't have a LOT of experience, I guess. :roll: We've ONLY been raising registered Angus 20 years and ran commercial cattle before that. But if I only got into the cattle business yesterday, it only takes one visit to the sale barn to see what sells best.

Around here, that would be yellow white-face, yellow, and black baldies.

Frankie":1wszocic said:
cfpinz":1wszocic said:
I was referring to baldies, not straight herfs. Find all the links you want, there's no substitute for experience - which you stated above that you do not have. Not looking for an arguement, just get tired of your b.s.

MY BS? Jeeze, you jump into a thread aimed at ANGUS breeders and suggest that I use a "real" bull, a Hereford, and say I'm slinging BS? What would you say if I jumped into some of the Hereford threads going on this board and suggested those guys should be using "real bulls", an Angus? I'm sure you would welcome me with open arms? :roll:

I don't have a LOT of experience, I guess. :roll: We've ONLY been raising registered Angus 20 years and ran commercial cattle before that. But if I only got into the cattle business yesterday, it only takes one visit to the sale barn to see what sells best.

Things are a changing, slowly, but they are changing. A friend ( Angus breeder ) told me the other day that at one of the local feeder calf sales, straight Herefords topped the sale. When that happens round here where I live, things are defiantly changing.

Northern Rancher":qvyhbkkc said:
We don't need to turn the world RWF but we sure could use them on black cows!!!

You hit the nail on the head there. Wish I could get a couple more angus folks around here on the crossbreeding bandwagon. I do know of 5 different herds that have put a hereford bull on there black cows this year. All very close to me. Black baldy heifers bred were sale toppers last week.

Frankie":1sfgr04r said:
cfpinz":1sfgr04r said:

I reckon b.s. was a poor choice of words, more directly your "Holier Than Thou" attitude.

Open your eyes and ears and listen to what commercial producers are telling you, don't try to shove your innuendo down their throats. People like you do more damage to a breed than good.

cfpinz":vn9o6png said:
I reckon b.s. was a poor choice of words, more directly your "Holier Than Thou" attitude.

No, the "poor choice" was to leap into a thread obviously aimed at Angus breeders and insult the breed. "real bull" indeed. If you don't like my "attitude", don't read my posts. Pretty simple.

Open your eyes and ears and listen to what commercial producers are telling you, don't try to shove your innuendo down their throats. People like you do more damage to a breed than good.

Yeah, I know that you have the best interests of the Angus breed at heart. :roll: Without commercial producers, there's no demand for registered bulls of any breed.

BTW, what happened to the Pinzgauers?

alacattleman":5fjkh5tk said:
friend of mine has a young bull calf from him thats a dandy

He won't be the first popular bull that we've missed out on using. But you can't use them all. Back when 1407 sold for the big bucks, an auctioneer friend told us "there's going to be a lot of money made on that bull. You should use him." There was lots of money made on him, but not by us. :(

Frankie":2ikleerp said:
No, the "poor choice" was to leap into a thread obviously aimed at Angus breeders and insult the breed. "real bull" indeed. If you don't like my "attitude", don't read my posts. Pretty simple.

Never insulted the breed, I have more angus genetics than any other breed. I just think you have your head stuck so far in the sand you're out of touch with reality. But it's best for people like you to hide behind an association and try to instill others to fight your battles for you, typical.

Now put your moderator ball cap on, get yourself a tall glass of warm milk and a bowl of cookies, and type in your final response just before locking down the thread. If that's what it takes for you to feel good about yourself, that is.

I hope this won't be too big a shock to your very small, self-centered world, but I really don't care what you think about me or my attitude. But since you've been so insistent on sharing your feelings, it seems rude not to share mine about you. I think you're not an honest person. Why?

You say this:
You finally break down and buy a real bull? i.e. Hereford.

Then claim you weren't insulting my breed.

And this:
Has the angus association proven it doesn't exist?

This is really a dishonest comment. The AAA has better things to spend money on than to research a time tested trait (heterosis). They encourage straightbreeding, yes. And it works for a lot of people. Some people are hitting CAB/Prime grades at 65-80% of their calf crop. But they don't tell people not to crossbreed. Your comment is foolish and another slam at the breed.

Then there's this:

listen to what commercial producers are telling you

I wouldn't be a bit surprised to learn that we've been selling registered Angus bulls longer than you've even had cows. You don't do that without talking to commercial cattlemen. I read a comment long ago in the Journal and firmly believe it to be true: The market for bulls is the commercial cattle market. As it rises and falls, so will bull demand and bull prices. Perhaps this is what happened to those Pinzgauers?

Now put your moderator ball cap on, get yourself a tall glass of warm milk and a bowl of cookies, and type in your final response just before locking down the thread. If that's what it takes for you to feel good about yourself, that is.

Now that you've got the fight that you seemed to go out of your way for, you're begging someone to please, pretty please, shut down this thread? Pretty funny. Pitiful, but funny. I feel good enough about myself that I don't have to jump into a thread and insult other people. But, hey, that's just me. Obviously you're living in a different world.

EAT BEEF":2ehf6ki0 said:
AAA is a club more than it is a breed

For a very reasonable fee you, too, can be a member of the club. It is a small, select group though, only 15-20,000 members. :roll:

Yes for some reason I'm still a member of your club.I'm not sure how select it is either. how much rain so far yesterday and today?

Frankie":2knxltkz said:
BTW, what happened to the Pinzgauers?

Quietly improving their breed and waiting, like a lot of them.

Angus are the not-so-quiet majority, they deserve respect for what they have done to promote their breed and shame on other breeds for not doing as good of a job, which is why some feel they need to get in breed pi$$ing matches instead of being able to step back, admire what each breed can bring to the table, and allow everyone to have their differences.

One must also realize that everyone's table looks different.

To horrendously misquote MLK Jr.: I have a dream that my cattle will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content (and quality) of their carcasses.

Peace and love, peace and love, everybody.

EAT BEEF":2sggr4lk said:
Yes for some reason I'm still a member of your club.I'm not sure how select it is either. how much rain so far yesterday and today?

The "select" comment was a joke. But then so was the "club" comment, right? :)

Rain was supposed to start by eight o'clock last night and we were projected to get up to 5.5 inches through tomorrow (Sunday). But it wasn't raining when I went to sleep last night; we had less than half an inch when I went out to heat check this morning. There's 1.5 inches in the gauge now @4:45 pm. I'm pleased. The grass is trying to come out and we needed the rain, but not really 5 inches in 48 hours. (And I may come to regret that comment later this year.)

Frankie":14jw1hcf said:
Third Row":14jw1hcf said:
I think he came to the realization he's been bred to every darn Angus cow in existence and decided his work here is done.

He didn't breed any Angus cows on this place.

You beat me to it.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Frankie, you're not worth my time.

By the way, I received the flyer in the mail you sent the other day trying to sell your angus/wagyu crosses. You must have slipped your photo in with it by mistake:

head_up_ass.jpg

Your friend,
cfpinz

They should have pickled that bull long ago....we own breeding bulls that are light years better then him...

cfpinz":j738inpl said:
Frankie, you're not worth my time.

By the way, I received the flyer in the mail you sent the other day trying to sell your angus/wagyu crosses. You must have slipped your photo in with it by mistake:

head_up_ass.jpg

Your friend,
cfpinz

Ah, the last resort of a weak mind: lies and insults. :)

But as my "friend", I will give you a little warning. if those were your Pinzs I saw sell at Wichita Falls Saturday, you're NOT going to be happy with the check. :(

Latest posts