MYTTY IN FOCUS quit producing

Help Support CattleToday:

Damn, you were at Wichita Livestock Saturday?

So was I.

Most those Angus bull sold pretty moderate as did the females after the first set sold for $1800. I believe whoever bought those for that price will "rue the day".

WichitaLineMan":28gbsxf1 said:
be nice, you were at Wichita Livestock Saturday?

So was I.

Most those Angus bull sold pretty moderate as did the females after the first set sold for $1800. I believe whoever bought those for that price will "rue the day".

Yes, I went for the bull sale and walked into a female sale. What time did they finally sell the bulls? I had to leave while they were still selling cows/pairs. If you wrote down the bull sale prices, I'd appreciate seeing them.

I didn't write the prices down. I was with my Dad who was thinking about buying a bull.

I would say the average was $1350. Pullen's bulls seemed to sell the highest. I'd put his average around $1600. All just off the cuff guesses.

I wonder if those folks buying the Pullen bulls have ever seen all the big feeders on highway 287 in the "pasture" where those bulls are developed?

Females probably averaged $1300.

What did you think of the genetic defect warnings or lack thereof in the catalog?

Several were noted as AMF or NHF but the majority were not tested it seemed. I am guessing but I'd wager 90+% of the cattle sold had Precision 1680 in their pedigree somewhere.

The Angus association still has the general cattle market confused. I tried to explain NH and AM to my Dad, he was nonplussed.

Seems simple to me but most are too confused or just don't care.

If there was a particular lot or lots you were wondering about let me know. I think my Old Man wrote down a lot of the prices.

WichitaLineMan":2pd53fiw said:
If there was a particular lot or lots you were wondering about let me know. I think my Old Man wrote down a lot of the prices.

No special lot. I was just interested in how they sold. Thanks....

I just had the "catalog" printout from the website and it was very hard to read. I saw they had a better copy at the sale barn, but didn't pick one up. I hate it that people are selling untested or carrier bulls. But I've seen it all year at various sales. According to some posts on this board, it's not just Angus being sold without full disclosure of genetic problems.

Latest posts