My new used truck.

Help Support CattleToday:

hurleyjd":3t2z7ec9 said:
Nesikep":3t2z7ec9 said:
Nice truck..
I bought another truck a month ago.. saw it up for sale, looked pretty straight and rust free..
93 dodge with a 5.9, 250,000 miles, runs like a top and not a speck of rust on it, though the paint is faded. I got it for about $3500 US, I have another grand into it for odds and ends, new seats, covers, and knick knacks

Nice truck when I clicked on it to enlarge there was a lot of women being advertised around the photo. Have you ever checked them out.
I guess my ad blocker works too well! darnit!

True Grit Farms":1oa52yes said:

This is the first used truck I've bought since 1982. I've been looking for 4 months for a decent cheap diesel truck that I could use to pull a 20' stock trailer and a gooseneck flat bed every now and again. I'll only put 12k miles a year on the truck so hopefully it'll hold up. Everyone besides my dad thinks I'm crazy for not just buying another new truck. But spending $50k to $60k for the privilege of driving a new truck didn't make any sense to me.

Nice truck looks similar to the one i bought. Congrats.. I personally cant see spending 50-60k on a vehicle im probably going to beat to crap

I picked this one up in January. 1999 Dodge 3/4 ton with a 24v Cummins and a 5 speed. 230,000 miles. I removed the camper shell and put my tool box on. Also switched out the stock 16" wheels for 17" factory take-offs from a 2014. Will probably do an aftermarket lift pump but that's it. Would much rather drive this than a new one with a payment.

my 01 f250 just rolled over 100k.. hopefully it has another 100k in her but she's falling apart from rust.

So far my oil dipstick fell off, muffler fell off, both running boards, and my bed is about done. thats this year only.. I have a lto of ducttape holding her together. but i'll still pull a gooseneck load with her.. haha :)

ddd75":1mvgbhan said:
my 01 f250 just rolled over 100k.. hopefully it has another 100k in her but she's falling apart from rust.

So far my oil dipstick fell off, muffler fell off, both running boards, and my bed is about done. thats this year only.. I have a lto of ducttape holding her together. but i'll still pull a gooseneck load with her.. haha :)

Salt I presume?

TennesseeTuxedo":l3ak2n2d said:
ddd75":l3ak2n2d said:

Salt I presume?

yes.. they are terrible here with it. They HAVE to use it all because CONTRACTS! It'll be 50 degrees out.. but if its going to be like 30 that night.. they'll be out salting the roads and briming them. I passed one of them sitting in his truck on his phone on the side of the road 'salting' ( overtime pay).

Then I get a letter in the mail from the water company telling me not to use excess salt on my driveway / sidewalks becausea it'll leach into the water supply... WHAT??? hahahahahaha idiots.

fence_it":1dzo9q89 said:
I picked this one up in January. 1999 Dodge 3/4 ton with a 24v Cummins and a 5 speed. 230,000 miles. I removed the camper shell and put my tool box on. Also switched out the stock 16" wheels for 17" factory take-offs from a 2014. Will probably do an aftermarket lift pump but that's it. Would much rather drive this than a new one with a payment.

Nice truck, just needs the other 1 1/2' of bed to be a real truck.

ddd75":3fpg9itv said:
TennesseeTuxedo":3fpg9itv said:
ddd75":3fpg9itv said:

Salt I presume?

yes.. they are terrible here with it. They HAVE to use it all because CONTRACTS! It'll be 50 degrees out.. but if its going to be like 30 that night.. they'll be out salting the roads and briming them. I passed one of them sitting in his truck on his phone on the side of the road 'salting' ( overtime pay).

Then I get a letter in the mail from the water company telling me not to use excess salt on my driveway / sidewalks becausea it'll leach into the water supply... WHAT??? hahahahahaha idiots.

It's to late for this truck but I under coat my truck a few times a year with used engine oil.

jltrent":jl1wpyj9 said:
True Grit Farms":jl1wpyj9 said:
jltrent":jl1wpyj9 said:
Nice looking truck. I know where one is about like it that went over 33k miles a few days ago. Changed the fuel filter and put the battery maintainer back on.

TT really appreciates that.
I'm taking real good care of it for him.
So when does TT get to take possession of the truck? Seems like he's been waiting a long time

ez14.":6t5yf4ii said:
jltrent":6t5yf4ii said:
True Grit Farms":6t5yf4ii said:
TT really appreciates that.
So when does TT get to take possession of the truck? Seems like he's been waiting a long time

To lust and covet another man's truck is just a dream for some.

True Grit Farms":2ymjrxj6 said:
ez14.":2ymjrxj6 said:
jltrent":2ymjrxj6 said:

To lust and covet another man's truck is just a dream for some.

It's my truck.

I'm just waiting on delivery so I can give him the money.

True Grit Farms":36m5g29l said:
fence_it":36m5g29l said:

Nice truck, just needs the other 1 1/2' of bed to be a real truck.

To be honest, I really don't miss that extra 1 1/2ft. Makes it turn so much tighter and its much easier to park. But this one is a strict weekend rig/ daily driver. The 2 flatbed work trucks take care of the towing and hauling. But I wouldn't hesitate to throw a flatbed on this one and put it right to work if need be.

I was about to say to be a real work truck it needs a deck.. but if you've already got a couple with decks, this is fine.. looks like a nice truck too

[/quote]It's to late for this truck but I under coat my truck a few times a year with used engine oil.[/quote]

I heard transmission fluid actually works better because its designed to penetrate the metal as opposed to just lubricating. obviously used motor oil is a little easier to come by though

hydraulic oil works very well mixed with a little kerosene.. we did it to my dad's truck and it flaked off any built up rust and completely stopped new rust

As far as the rust proofing goes, the best stuff ive ever seen is called Krown. You should be able to get it at a class 8 truck dealership. Freightliner, Kw, etc. or maybe order online. I work in the snow and ice industry and sell salt trucks and my customers have tried everything to keep the corrosion to a minimum. This Krown stuff really works. One application in the fall and you're good to go. I've been so impressed with it I use it on my trucks also.

BigBear":23gleect said:
As far as the rust proofing goes, the best stuff ive ever seen is called Krown. You should be able to get it at a class 8 truck dealership. Freightliner, Kw, etc. or maybe order online. I work in the snow and ice industry and sell salt trucks and my customers have tried everything to keep the corrosion to a minimum. This Krown stuff really works. One application in the fall and you're good to go. I've been so impressed with it I use it on my trucks also.

I like your truck, I wanted a 4 door and don't care for the color of mine. But it's clean and was very well maintained by a older man. I'm still looking for for exactly what I want. Like a low mileage, one owner 6.0 that hasn't been bullet proofed.