Mule owners

Help Support CattleToday:

Ya the diesel mules are significantly louder than the gas. I went dead set on buying a diesel because of bulk tanks and its easier to transport. After riding in both the gas was too quiet to pass up. We nv, thermal, and run dogs out of the gas one. They are one of the quietest on the market. The diesels for all the brands are louder though.

The complaint about the seats are pretty common for most people you height. That why 6'3 guys like me feel so comfortable in them. :)

I test drove most of the new brands a couple months ago when we bought the new PRO. I had pretty much a blank check to get ever I wanted for the ranch.

The Polaris 1000 is very peppy but has 3 drive modes and a bunch of other non-sense. For the size the cab did not feel roomy. They turn like a bus and cost like $20K.

The Can Am 6 seater is nice IMO. It would probably be my #2. Its another $20K unit.

I have always liked the JD seats and layout but the 6 seaters are huge. I would take the single bench in a heart beat.

Kabota has some IRS units now with the CVT. That would be on option also. Kubota is a good brand all around IMO and there is one on every corner. I would not own one of the hydrostatic ones.

I ended up buying the ranch a PRO like mine and we put one in the budget for next year. The size and dependability is hard to beat. I can whip the PRO, with the two bench seats, all around in the cattle pens, thru the barn, and in the brush. I would not be able to do that with the 6 seaters from the other brands.

Different people have different needs. There is getting to be less and less difference between most of them like tractors and every thing else.

I dream of a diesel 4wheeler... the day I don't have to wrestle with a gas can cant come soon enough. Yeah, I know logically a diesel 4 wheeler doesn't make sense....but dang they can put a man on the moon, why cant I have a diesel 4wheeler. We keep thousands of gal of diesel on hand....even have a regular gas pump for it...My 4wheeler is the only gas run thing we have other than my car and one truck.. I'm always out of gas...but that's a good thing because instead of 12,000 miles it would have 24000...lol..My fav side by side is the gator. We have 2 and they are the most abused things we have out here. And you can even hear the person next to you talk...and their fast...

cowgirl8":32ke15ay said:
I dream of a diesel 4wheeler... the day I don't have to wrestle with a gas can cant come soon enough. Yeah, I know logically a diesel 4 wheeler doesn't make sense....but dang they can put a man on the moon, why cant I have a diesel 4wheeler. We keep thousands of gal of diesel on hand....even have a regular gas pump for it...My 4wheeler is the only gas run thing we have other than my car and one truck.. I'm always out of gas...but that's a good thing because instead of 12,000 miles it would have 24000...lol..My fav side by side is the gator. We have 2 and they are the most abused things we have out here. And you can even hear the person next to you talk...and their fast...

Which gators do yall have?

You can get gasoline in 55g drums from your diesel supplier, even ethanol free. Then just drop your pump in it. Also, the metal gas cans with the funnels on them are a little pricey but worth every penny IMO. I don't play that environmental fill cap non-sense.

Brute 23":1477jgwg said:
Ya the diesel mules are significantly louder than the gas. I went dead set on buying a diesel because of bulk tanks and its easier to transport. After riding in both the gas was too quiet to pass up. We nv, thermal, and run dogs out of the gas one. They are one of the quietest on the market. The diesels for all the brands are louder though.

The complaint about the seats are pretty common for most people you height. That why 6'3 guys like me feel so comfortable in them. :)

I test drove most of the new brands a couple months ago when we bought the new PRO. I had pretty much a blank check to get ever I wanted for the ranch.

The Polaris 1000 is very peppy but has 3 drive modes and a bunch of other non-sense. For the size the cab did not feel roomy. They turn like a bus and cost like $20K.

The Can Am 6 seater is nice IMO. It would probably be my #2. Its another $20K unit.

I have always liked the JD seats and layout but the 6 seaters are huge. I would take the single bench in a heart beat.

Kabota has some IRS units now with the CVT. That would be on option also. Kubota is a good brand all around IMO and there is one on every corner. I would not own one of the hydrostatic ones.

I ended up buying the ranch a PRO like mine and we put one in the budget for next year. The size and dependability is hard to beat. I can whip the PRO, with the two bench seats, all around in the cattle pens, thru the barn, and in the brush. I would not be able to do that with the 6 seaters from the other brands.

Different people have different needs. There is getting to be less and less difference between most of them like tractors and every thing else.
My son has been talking about a new 1000cc? Honda side by side that's supposedly the best thing out their right now? It's been out a couple of years now, but I've never seen one.

cowgirl8":3jy9gyyj said:

Arctic cat makes one. Super Duty 700 is what they call it, I think.

True Grit Farms":2ogmhs6t said:
My son has been talking about a new 1000cc? Honda side by side that's supposedly the best thing out their right now? It's been out a couple of years now, but I've never seen one.

Polaris came out with the 1000 recently and Honda has a Pioneer 1000 also. Its nuts. The Honda Pioneer is supposed to be a good machine.

In a perfect world I would have my Pro for working/ hunting and Pioneer 1000 to act a fool in. :kid:

Brute 23":15wtty1f said:
cowgirl8":15wtty1f said:

Which gators do yall have?

You can get gasoline in 55g drums from your diesel supplier, even ethanol free. Then just drop your pump in it. Also, the metal gas cans with the funnels on them are a little pricey but worth every penny IMO. I don't play that environmental fill cap non-sense.
I'll check into that. 55 gal would last me a season..We just had a diesel tank filled.. I'll have to look at the gators to get models on them. They are older, i'm guessing over 10 yrs old. We bought them new.

cowgirl8":3tdxrjps said:
TennesseeTuxedo":3tdxrjps said:
TWELVE THOUSAND MILES on a UTV?
I know right. I live on that thing for 4 months. The rest of the year I drive either the mile or gator.

What kind of mileage per gallon of fuel does the UTV get.

hurleyjd":2xrkaj9j said:
cowgirl8":2xrkaj9j said:
TennesseeTuxedo":2xrkaj9j said:
TWELVE THOUSAND MILES on a UTV?
I know right. I live on that thing for 4 months. The rest of the year I drive either the mile or gator.

Our Kubota gets over 3 hours use to the gallon of fuel, unless your dragging pastures or a seed drill with it. Very fuel efficient, it's the main reason to buy one of those noisy things.

True Grit Farms":465k7ejr said:
hurleyjd":465k7ejr said:
cowgirl8":465k7ejr said:

Our Kubota gets over 3 hours use to the gallon of fuel, unless your dragging pastures or a seed drill with it. Very fuel efficient, it's the main reason to buy one of those noisy things.
We looked at Kabota but they are just too slow.. I buzz around at 25 to 35 mph everywhere.. The mules top speed is 29 with the wind at your back. The JD doesn't have a speedometer but I think it tops out at around 40, at least it feels like its going really fast. The mule seems to crawl, but it think its the sound of the engine. BUt at 29, you feel like you're going so slow... When I take someone new out I sometimes forget to s---l---o----w down. I'll see them grab the OH SH#! handle, then i'll slow down...

cowgirl8":3d6zc248 said:
True Grit Farms":3d6zc248 said:
hurleyjd":3d6zc248 said:
We looked at Kabota but they are just too slow.. I buzz around at 25 to 35 mph everywhere.. The mules top speed is 29 with the wind at your back. The JD doesn't have a speedometer but I think it tops out at around 40, at least it feels like its going really fast. The mule seems to crawl, but it think its the sound of the engine. BUt at 29, you feel like you're going so slow... When I take someone new out I sometimes forget to s---l---o----w down. I'll see them grab the OH SH#! handle, then i'll slow down...

The Kawasaki Mule Pro diesel tops out at 30mph. The JD diesel is 32mph.

The gas Mule Pro does 45mph. The JD does 44mph.

I think our diesel JD goes faster than 32.... it sometimes scares me...lol and I like going fast.
No matter what way we have it going, in the wind, down hill, I rarely get the kawasucky to do more that 29...I ride that mofo petal to the metal everywhere...

cowgirl8":gp3y82f6 said:
I think our diesel JD goes faster than 32.... it sometimes scares me...lol and I like going fast.
No matter what way we have it going, in the wind, down hill, I rarely get the kawasucky to do more that 29...I ride that mofo petal to the metal everywhere...
be careful driving fast, might cause the airfilter to not seat properly with all the vibrations .

Figure if I go fast enough, maybe i'll outrun the dust...lol
UGH, internet slowed to a snail pace. I had to get through today since its my babysitting day and internet is the only thing that keeps me sane...although, kids are being real good. I'll get recharged on the 10th, that evening and no sooner

Lucky":16j9b9y1 said:
https://www.leeagra.com/product/dt-2x100-diesel-tank/

Been looking at these. Thought about seeing if they could do 50 gas/150 diesel . I'm always out of gas but have plenty diesel on hand.

That is a really neat product. I like the trailer. That is one thing I have been wanting to do... just mount a tank on a trailer. Its getting so hard to keep bulk fuel that Im thinking Im better off keeping smaller quantities but making it mobile when I can run and fill it.

One day Im going to rig out a little trailer with air comp, fuel tanks, tools, etc that I just move with the tractor or equipment.

We have a tank like that but its homemade..Doesnt hold 2 types, just one. Guys use it when we are out in the fields to refuel the tractors. We pull it with a ATV.

So . . . . .after reading 7 pages of this ****tardery, I'm still confused as to whether your getting dirt through the filter, or whether it may be entering back through the exhaust. Sometimes shyt can be expelled more through an intake, than an exhaust. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Latest posts