Here's a real mule

Help Support CattleToday:

D2Cat

Reaction score
For sale on FB, located near Kansas City.
1968 Baifield Industries usmc mule m274a5
$6,500

Seller's Description

I am selling a 1968 Baifield Industries USMC Mule M274a5. It has a Hercules A0-42 gas engine that runs great. It has 4x4, low & high range, and 4-wheel steer. We use it all the time to check cows and crops on the farm. It is fun to drive and always starts right up. Please message me if interested.

Belton, MO

1646230587332.png

fB

I disagree with your price evaluation. All mechanical things are currently at outrageous prices based on a short few years ago. Supply is short, so prices are up and then news keeps telling the listeners, so they know they have to pay. Posting a price isn't the selling price, it's the starting number.

Age has little to do with this price, it's function, being a military item and being unusual is what will attract a buyer.

compared to what is available to buy right now, it will probably sell rather quickly. will probably outlast anything new. looks like a fun unit to play around with.

I can see myself installing a circus float canopy, mood lights, boom box, curb feelers, fuzzy dice, and a cheap exotic dancer pole in the bed. Great armadillo hunting rig that can double as a candy thrower rig for the Lum an Abner Day parade.

1968 Baifield Industries USMC Mule M274a5 .....unbelievably open, simple and solid design specification by our government. The 1968 Materials and labors costs of this "flat panel wagon" were probably $350 to $450. in 1968 Sold to the government for $1,500. Now someone's customizing it and selling it almost 55 years later for a tidy sum. Practically speaking...it'll have to be sold to a collector at that price (Agree with SOB). I'll grant the wagon's frame heavy-duty and unbreakable...but if i want functionality and a good ride for $6,500. I'd get me something newer-lightly used, w/better engine, more comforts w/ radio and enclosed. Well-taken care of machine though...its owner should just use it and enjoy it.

Latest posts