Mule owners

Help Support CattleToday:

honda pioneer use the DCT ( dual clutch transmission ) which is not near as reliable as the others at this point ( google that one if you don't believe me) ,Rangers, Mules, and Gators are a much better choice . You can still buy a 2019 Polaris Ranger 900 XP if you want a similar price point to the mule pro . ( yes a decked out 1000 XP crew is $20K ) Last few years I would have said the ranger can't be beat . They are still on top for a big bore gas unit but I'm now of the opinion for the FARM the 2014+ RTVS 900 1120 1100 are the way to go . Only UTV out there that resells any good with over 2000 hrs

JMJ Farms":2m0ixku8 said:
TennesseeTuxedo":2m0ixku8 said:
TWELVE THOUSAND MILES on a UTV?

Tux, I've got a neighbor who has a 2 year old Kubota RTV diesel w/ cab and ac/heat with 10000 miles. He bought it new. I noticed it the other day and couldn't believe it. He said he knew of 2 more with 30000 miles on them. He lives on the farm and never gets in his truck except to go to town. I guess for something that costs 18k that's the only way to get your moneys worth. I've got a 2 year old Polaris Ranger that I've only put 421 miles on it. Wonder if it will hold like the Kubota?
Likely not thing be older than dirt before 30000 miles

Brute 23":1jpcz231 said:
cowgirl8":1jpcz231 said:
True Grit Farms":1jpcz231 said:
Our Kubota gets over 3 hours use to the gallon of fuel, unless your dragging pastures or a seed drill with it. Very fuel efficient, it's the main reason to buy one of those noisy things.
We looked at Kabota but they are just too slow.. I buzz around at 25 to 35 mph everywhere.. The mules top speed is 29 with the wind at your back. The JD doesn't have a speedometer but I think it tops out at around 40, at least it feels like its going really fast. The mule seems to crawl, but it think its the sound of the engine. BUt at 29, you feel like you're going so slow... When I take someone new out I sometimes forget to s---l---o----w down. I'll see them grab the OH SH#! handle, then i'll slow down...

The Kawasaki Mule Pro diesel tops out at 30mph. The JD diesel is 32mph.

The gas Mule Pro does 45mph. The JD does 44mph.

I will just leave this here :D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSFh4qTodr0

sstterry":1ucrsvdo said:
Brute 23":1ucrsvdo said:
cowgirl8":1ucrsvdo said:
We looked at Kabota but they are just too slow.. I buzz around at 25 to 35 mph everywhere.. The mules top speed is 29 with the wind at your back. The JD doesn't have a speedometer but I think it tops out at around 40, at least it feels like its going really fast. The mule seems to crawl, but it think its the sound of the engine. BUt at 29, you feel like you're going so slow... When I take someone new out I sometimes forget to s---l---o----w down. I'll see them grab the OH SH#! handle, then i'll slow down...

The Kawasaki Mule Pro diesel tops out at 30mph. The JD diesel is 32mph.

The gas Mule Pro does 45mph. The JD does 44mph.

I will just leave this here :D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSFh4qTodr0

That's exactly why I don't need one of those. :) I'm trying to put those days behind me.

JMJ Farms":1y6i9fa4 said:
Caustic Burno":1y6i9fa4 said:
Brute 23":1y6i9fa4 said:
That's exactly why I don't need one of those. :) I'm trying to put those days behind me.

All that is good for is tickets.

I like my Ranger 900 a lot. But no way it's stable enough for those speeds. Not with me on it anyway :lol2:

Bet the GW gets the majority of his business off ATV and UTV's in this county.
If it doesn't have a slow moving vehicle sign or exceeds 25 mph it's a target.
Lots of dirt county roads for them to fail the IQ test and pay the stupid tax on. The DUI's never cease to amaze me.

I drove the Ranger 1000 a month or so ago. Every time I consider one I go and drive ours and pull out the "Ranger" folder. Front CV joints were popping when I was going thru the pasture last week. Back to its home away from home (aka dealer) for repairs. :)

They do need to come out with some more aftermarket accessories for the PRO. Kawasaki has the motors severely de-tuned. I don't need to go 80mph but a little more power when pulling trailer and stuff wouldn't hurt. The clutch kit did help a little bit and kind of made up for the larger tires.

my 2016 mule has the air intake thru the top of the roll cage behind the drives compartment. cant see how a snorkel can even be installed..besides if its sucking water from there I got bigger problems to worry about

its a 4010..btw..the fuel injection sucks on this thing...ready to haul it in to the dealer to see why...half he time it don't wanna idle for schidt

dieselbeef":259kqjet said:
its a 4010..btw..the fuel injection sucks on this thing...ready to haul it in to the dealer to see why...half he time it don't wanna idle for schidt

You may have the same problem I have. Have you tried moving the sub throttle actuator by hand?

yes..feels fine. I have adj it too only because the dealer is 50 mi away and loading and hauling it to them Is a pita and they are soooooooooooooo slow

dieselbeef":1eq60dw6 said:
yes..feels fine. I have adj it too only because the dealer is 50 mi away and loading and hauling it to them Is a pita and they are soooooooooooooo slow

You might look for an air leak on the intake manifold that is tricking the ECU in believing that there is a problem and you need more fuel. Can you do a smoke test on it the way they do on an automobile. This will show you air leaks in areas that need fixed.

dieselbeef":332yzuwb said:

Seems like the problem is a whole lot worse in the summer. Wonder if the air intake temp sensor is inaccurate?

shaz":19mfphnk said:
dieselbeef":19mfphnk said:

Seems like the problem is a whole lot worse in the summer. Wonder if the air intake temp sensor is inaccurate?

Nothing runs as good in the summer as it does in the winter, heavy, humid air is not condusive to making power.