ECHO Chainsaw Owners Please

Help Support CattleToday:

OzssieDave19

Reaction score
Hi. I am not getting into Echo vs Stihl vs Husky.

I wanted to hear from Echo owners please after 3 Stihl chainsaws I am looking at trading into a 45cc Echo. Two reasons. One the local dealer is who I want to deal with. Good family business. Two the saws look good and value for money.

have you been happy with your Echo. Are the parts supply/ service back up all there. Thanks for your input.

Here is their current linup.

I have had several and this small one goes about everywhere I go. It wears a 10" bar, is 25cc and weighs around 5 lbs. I use it with one hand mostly. It is a CS 2511 and sells close to $400, but is Pro design. On the cost they are less that top competitors, but parts are extremely high about like the top competitors. For example a small plastic bar cover runs around $50 and used parts are few and far in between. Use 100% pure gas, good 2-cycle oil, drain and run dry when not in use and you will be satisfied.

I recommend this one CS490 for a one saw plan. It is around 50cc, not to heavy and will do tree cutting up to 20", very useable.

DWu3AcX.jpg

Last edited:
Have had a 440EVL since about 1986. Not used hard, but has been a good one. Only issue now is that finding some replacement parts for one that old is getting to be difficult.
Wife has a little 12" Echo - loves it... and I'll admit, I use it more than I do the larger one.

I've got a Echo Timberwolf and one of the arborist top handle saws. Both have been great. I don't use either a ton but in the last 3 years they've never failed to start. I got both to replace Stihls. Nothing wrong with the stihls the new ones just seemed wimpier than the older ones. Especially the top handle saw.

I have had a PAS 266 system for 5 or 6 years and it's been great. Never had a minutes problem out of it and has never failed to crank. With the pole saw attachment, I've sawed miles of overgrown limbs, bushes and tress off of fence lines. I also use the other PAS attachments without any problems.
I liked the PAS so well I bought the 501P chainsaw a couple years ago. It's the pro 50cc saw with an 18" bar. Plenty of power for clearing downed trees here on the farm. No problems with it either.

I like the small echo saws their trimmers but I was not happy with the larger 50cc + saws, just didnt have durability. All of the saws ran cold though.

I don't have an Echo saw, but had an Echo weed eater that lasted for about 20 years with me and several different hired folks using it. If we still had a local place to get parts or service I'd have another one.

Echo has been good for me. The best deal has been the Poulan saws. $99 on sale at Tractor supply. Start on second pull every time. Lasted clearing 1/4 mile of fencerow with 45 year growth of trees and brush and operated by my 2 Mexican friends.... I just kept chains sharpened for 2 days.. Bought an extra one when on sale again. Haven't needed it. The old poulans start when my little Stihl just never fires. I have 2 echo saws and half the time I can't find them. They hide very well..

Latest posts