Any New Chevy 2500 Owners?

Help Support CattleToday:

Throwing other options out there. I had a 2013 f-250 CC 4x4 6.2 gasser and it was a beast. Pulled whatever I hooked it up to and was like a timex and bragged hard on that truck. I got bit by the new truck bug and was looking diesels. Coming from a long history of diesel all the way back to 83 F350 6.9 IDI. Anyways long story short. I now own a 18' Titan XD CC 4x with the Cummins. Much cheaper the big 3. Motor has 550 lbs of torque and a 12,500 tow rating. I am getting 22-ish on the highway with cruise set at 78-80. Truck has 5yr/100k bumper to bumper warranty and was an easy 10k less than the big 3 equal in comfy packages. So far really like it but time will tell. Payload and pulling trailer weights, it holds everything the f250 did. I miss the F250 because I did not have to worry about scratching it.

Thanks. Yes, it's gas as I was getting away from the diesel. Short box is all I've ever known. Even at that the wife called it a boat.

slick4591":198l85kr said:
Thanks. Yes, it's gas as I was getting away from the diesel. Short box is all I've ever known. Even at that the wife called it a boat.
Sure would like a check back in about 5k miles and let us know about the fuel mileage and overall likes dislikes. Just like in cattle we all see things differently. Thanks and the best of luck with your new boat.

Mines a daully and is nearly impossible to park in town. The bigger back seat is nice but made the wheelbase too long. It rides nice and pulls a trailer good though. I'd like to know how the gas engine works out for you. Thinking I might buy a F350 regular cab gas for a feed truck in a few years when there's more used ones out there.

True Grit Farms":21204y4a said:
Sure would like a check back in about 5k miles and let us know about the fuel mileage and overall likes dislikes. Just like in cattle we all see things differently. Thanks and the best of luck with your new boat.

Thanks. :lol: Shouldn't be a problem checking back in about it.

Lucky":28cbh043 said:
Mines a daully and is nearly impossible to park in town. The bigger back seat is nice but made the wheelbase too long. It rides nice and pulls a trailer good though. I'd like to know how the gas engine works out for you. Thinking I might buy a F350 regular cab gas for a feed truck in a few years when there's more used ones out there.

That big back seat area is certainly nice, but like you said it adds a little length overall. Already notice it doesn't have the pep the Duramax had. Guess I'll get used to that.

slick4591":1boe6297 said:
Lucky":1boe6297 said:

That big back seat area is certainly nice, but like you said it adds a little length overall. Already notice it doesn't have the pep the Duramax had. Guess I'll get used to that.
Does it have the 6.2 gas engine?

slick4591":ccni4l6c said:
True Grit Farms":ccni4l6c said:
Does it have the 6.2 gas engine?

Yes sir.
I would of thought a new gas burner would run all over an older diesel. I test drove a regular cab 4x4 Ford with a 6.2 and thought it had a lot of pep. My brothers Hemi will out run my Cummins till 80 - 85 then it's game over.

Could be I'm driving it differently, but it seemed like it took a little longer to get up to speed than the diesel. I only put about 20 miles on it yesterday so I guess time will tell me more about it.

It might be the transmission. Mine seems a little slow on take of up to about 30 mph but then it's fine, I think they're just geared that way. It could also just be that diesels have to be driven differently than gas pickups. I'll hop in my gas feed truck and think this thing won't pull your hat off until I remember to mash on it more.

slick4591":3c4h91oq said:
Could be I'm driving it differently, but it seemed like it took a little longer to get up to speed than the diesel. I only put about 20 miles on it yesterday so I guess time will tell me more about it.

The powerband is pretty much opposite and will take some getting use to.

Gas engines need RPM to achieve peak torque and HP. Diesels peak at ~2000 RPM usually.

Lucky":1n2zagb2 said:
It might be the transmission. Mine seems a little slow on take of up to about 30 mph but then it's fine, I think they're just geared that way. It could also just be that diesels have to be driven differently than gas pickups. I'll hop in my gas feed truck and think this thing won't pull your hat off until I remember to mash on it more.

Atimm693":1n2zagb2 said:
The powerband is pretty much opposite and will take some getting use to.

Gas engines need RPM to achieve peak torque and HP. Diesels peak at ~2000 RPM usually.

I put a little over a 100 on it yesterday and seems like it's clicking with me a little better. There's a difference in the accelerator and I don't think I've been aggressive enough. Thanks for the info!

Side note: Ford people around town are telling it was about time I smartened up and the Chevy folks are calling me an idiot. Hopefully, I fit somewhere in between. :lol2:

Latest posts