Repurposed the 94 Chevy 2500

Help Support CattleToday:

Looks good. If that is one of those 6.5 diesels you won't have to blow the horn, they will hear that noisy SOB coming an hour before you get there.
It's and old forest service truck I bought back in 2005 with a 454 big block; a real gas hog. Not much when it come to bells a whistles, the only amenity it has is A/C.

I've got a '95 half ton 4x4 with a 6.5. Has a Hiniker snow plow mount on the front and a Miller welder in the back. Starts no matter what temp. runs like a top, but now it's a mobile rust pile!

I've had a couple of guys ask me why I'm putting diesel in it before! Not many half ton diesels.

I've got a '95 half ton 4x4 with a 6.5. Has a Hiniker snow plow mount on the front and a Miller welder in the back. Starts no matter what temp. runs like a top, but now it's a mobile rust pile!

I've had a couple of guys ask me why I'm putting diesel in it before! Not many half ton diesels.

We've got a 95 K3500 chassis cab with a flatbed. 6.5 automatic. Way better in a half ton, they don't pull worth a darn.

You could even get them in a full size Blazer if I remember right.

Looks good. If that is one of those 6.5 diesels you won't have to blow the horn, they will hear that noisy SOB coming an hour before you get there.
Not only hear them you can smell them coming a mile away,,slobbering like a hound

Yep both were built by Detroit Allison..pretty much the same engine..just bored out , head design,and turbo..most of the oil leaks on the 6.2 was part of the crankcase ventilation .I've seen them blow rear mains out and dipsticks out of theyre tubes like a rocket..

Latest posts