Trailer tires, best bang for the buck?

Help Support CattleToday:

tom4018

Dumb Old Farmer
Reaction score
What's some of best deal on 15 inch trailer tires? Has one go today while loaded. I guess they were about 8 years old so did well. Not a lot of miles really. Guess the same brand isn't available now. All the local places keep Trailer King and that's it.

Age is what gets low use tires. Any tire that is seven or older is at risk of failure in my experience. We sell Gladiator trailer tires at work and haven't had many complaints. They're warranty sucks though.

I've had a couple of blow outs on my truck, the tires have had very few Km on them but they have aged out. I think sitting on the earth floor in my shed especially in wet weather, no water sitting there but the soil stays damp. Gives you a hell of a fright when they go off especially if it is one of the steer tires. I think they run at 85 psi in your language.

Ken

Was looking for 14 ply in 15". Didn't know they made them. Really like my 14 ply 16" tires on stock trailer. Mine are Sailun S637 tires and they wear 2 or 3 times as long as 10 or 12 ply tires.

Had a bad round with 14 ply riding smooth last time around on cattle trailer. Not sure brand. On dual tandem flatbed it has k9 14 ply i think.

What's some of best deal on 15 inch trailer tires? Has one go today while loaded. I guess they were about 8 years old so did well. Not a lot of miles really. Guess the same brand isn't available now. All the local places keep Trailer King and that's it.
I used to have tire problems with my trailer. Came with radial tires. I switched to all bias belted tires and have not had a problem. IMHO with a trailer you do a lot of tight turns, loaded & unloaded, which tends to pull apart the radial tires. The bias belted tires run a much higher air pressure and are more resistant to the belts pulling apart. Lots of folks don't agree & that's ok. All bias belted trailer tires work for me. Your money, your trailer, buy what works for you.

I avoid shopping at Amazon.com. Usually I find things cheaper elsewhere.
tires0.PNG

Latest posts