Most Famous Person You've Seen

Help Support CattleToday:

backhoeboogie":1v29zf3c said:
Lammie":1v29zf3c said:
I didn't shake your hand? I normally make a point of that. How rude of me.

Crowder, the autograph line forms to the left...

Lammie, I figured you'd be ready to wring my neck over this.

Yes, you did shake my hand. You were not rude at all.

You feeling any better?

Quite, thanks. I went back to work yesterday. Little bloated, and I have no appitite at all. I lost two pounds on the Divertculitis Diet in as many days, but don't try this at home! Lost weight partly cause of the illness and partly cause everything I like to eat is off limits now. :(

For the past two days my lunch has been jell-o and carrot sticks. I did cook a meatloaf last night with some green beans and mashed taters, but I only ate about a third the amount I normally eat and it didn't set well. That's the anti-biotics talking, I'm sure. I am on two of them and one of them leaves an oily, metalic taste in my mouth. Not good for the appitite.

I had a conversation with the late great longtime "Atlanta Constitution" humor columnist Lewis Grizzard (he wrote "Elvis Is Dead, And I Don't Feel So Good Myself" among other things) across the street from Graceland in, I think it was 1985 or '86. Around New Years day. I was there for the Liberty Bowl when Auburn was playing Arkansas. Bo Jackson was playing then. Bo was beyond awesome.

I've seen Johnny and June, Billy Graham, George H. W. Bush. Attended livestock events along with Randy Owen, saw Don Knotts at Auburn, got my hair cut at University Barbershop sitting in the chair next to Coach Pat Dye, and was in Western Lit class in 1985 with a kid by the name of Bo Jackson. Saw Bear Bryant and Joe Namath, too. Shook George Wallace's hand at a groundbreaking at AU in the early '80's. Ate supper at the table next to Dale Robertson (The Iron Horse TV Show) in Jasper, AL. Shook hands with Hovie Lister and Jake Hess of the Statesman Quartet. Jake was Elvis' favorite singer and sang at his funeral.

ga. prime":3ii62kpr said:
I had a conversation with the late great longtime "Atlanta Constitution" humor columnist Lewis Grizzard (he wrote "Elvis Is Dead, And I Don't Feel So Good Myself" among other things)

I've read a couple of his books. I like his brand of humor. I think I've still got them, but I'm too lazy to go look.

Why not":1mbkvy75 said:
J. T.":1mbkvy75 said:
I've seen Johnny and June, Billy Graham, George H. W. Bush. Attended livestock events along with Randy Owen, saw Don Knotts at Auburn, got my hair cut at University Barbershop sitting in the chair next to Coach Pat Dye, and was in Western Lit class in 1985 with a kid by the name of Bo Jackson. Saw Bear Bryant and Joe Namath, too. Shook George Wallace's hand at a groundbreaking at AU in the early '80's. Ate supper at the table next to Dale Robertson (The Iron Horse TV Show) in Jasper, AL. Shook hands with Hovie Lister and Jake Hess of the Statesman Quartet. Jake was Elvis' favorite singer and sang at his funeral.

Jake Hess and Hovie Lester were two of the greats. George yantz believe i spelled that right. Used to live near my daughter and He was one of the originals from the cathedral of tommorow. Did you like taht singin J.T. ?
Man, lemme tell you. I was raised on the music of the Statesmen Quartet, the Blackwood Brothers, the Happy Goodmans etc. Daddy would put a stack of records on the RCA stereo (one in a beautiful maple cabinet) right before we all went to bed. Many is the night I'd be sung to sleep at night by Hovie, Jake, Doy, Denver, Big Chief, Rosie, James, Vestel, Rusty, Howard and all the rest. I loved and still do love that singing. Hovie Lister and the Statesmen were my favorites. That music would reverberate from the living room, down the hall and echo off of those hardwood floors. I don't imagine the music in Heaven is much better!

CUZ":141p853i said:
Stepper":141p853i said:
. . . Paris & Nichole come running up hollowering "can we wash your wind sheild, can we wash your wind sheild ?"

Is that some sort of euphemism? :lol: :lol:

That was YOU? Was that on the television program? I saw that!!!

A few who stand out in my mind:

Beverly Hillbillies When I was a kid they were filming at Silver Dollar City. I got to talk to Jethro and Ellie Mae (Max Baer and Donna Douglas)
Tom T. Hall, held the door open for my folks and me.
Harry Caray and Jack Buck (St. Louis Cardinals anouncers) did not meet Harry until he was with the Cubs. I visited with Jack a few months before he passed away.
Ted Williams, after he retired from managing.
Vice President Dick Cheney, George Will, and Cal Thomas, among others at an event.
Morganna the Kissing Bandit, kissed me. I wish I hadnt lost the tape of that.
The San Diego Chicken (The Famous Chicken---Sports event crowd entertainer) In person he was so opposite of the character that you would never believe it was him
Most of you may not know many of these, but that is ok, each was a highlight to me

People I will always wish I could have met:
Ronald Reagan
Jimmy Stewart
Audy Murphy
Louis L'Amour

stocky":24z0tqbn said:
Morganna the Kissing Bandit, kissed me. I wish I hadnt lost the tape of that.

Wasn't it Nolan Ryan who, when he saw her coming, got down on one knee and threw his arms open to welcome her?

You're not Nolan Ryan are you?

Nope, I am certainly not Nolan Ryan. I cant think fast enough to have gotten down on one knee like he did

Didn't meet them but Saw two members of ZZ top at a Hotel in California. They made a fast dash to elevators walking by us sitting in Hotel lobby about 15 feet away.

Friend was hey that guy looks like one of the ZZ Top guys, then saw the drummer and knew it was them.

Other than that about as close I have come is watching Jammie McMurray race dirt track at Joplin MO on regular basis.

O yea met one of the Harlem Globetrotters I was one of the guys they grabbed out of the audience at a game to go half court and dance in front of thousands of people in the stands. Pretty embarrassing, but the lady they pulled out before me did not dance and was booed. So I did my cabbage patch, and John Travolta impersination. Funny thing is kids and wife had went to bathroom and missed it all.

Who I have met thats famous

The Home town boys (Texmex group met them after a concert)
Miachel Salgado (Texmex singer met after a concert)
Gap band (Old School Group met after concert)
Lisa Lisa (old school singer)
Malo (old school after concert at Ihop)
Daryle Lamonica ( Raiders ex quarterback won superbowl with raiders)

whis I could have met or meet
MR. King
Next president [/i]

Hey Stepper -- the white haired guy with the deep voice from the Gunsmoke and Dallas TV shows would be Morgan Woodward, one of my favorite character actors.

Tigerian -- the guy you named must be the tall, toothless guy from Deliverance, right? Wasn't Bill McKinney the other riffraff backwoodsman that "did the dirty deed" to Ned Beatty in Deliverance? (Also played "Captain Redlegs" in The Outlaw Josey Wales)

I guess I need to get out more -- the most famous person I've seen/met is Caustic Burno. :lol:

Arnold Ziffle,

Hey i typed in Morgan Woodward as a internet address and your right it pulled up a website and it had is picture. :lol: That is the guy. :lol:

He came in that little restraunt and sit down at the same table i was eating my dinner at. :lol:

Although it was a once in a life time experience and kind of neat having a big celebirty sit down at your dinner table. But at the same time it was sort of a pain to. There was a young woman with him who had a small stack of his photo's and he was signing them and handing them out to people who came up and ask him for one. :lol: I could not hardly enjoy eating my dinner with people standing all arround the table and behind my chair. :lol: I was probably the only one in the house who did not ask for a picture. :lol: And why i did'nt i really dont know. Because i think the guy is one of the best actors of all times. I started once or twice to ask for one. But you could tell he was kind of tired of signing them and he could not even drink his coffee. :lol: He must have signed 15 or 20 pictures in that little restraunt. And he did not stay in there for maybe 15 or 20 minutes. :lol

Latest posts