In Person Church

Help Support CattleToday:

herofan

Reaction score
I'm curious as to what the current status of church services are in your area. Any churches not went back yet? Is anyone back using social distancing? Are any back to in-person like before with no precautions?

herofan said:
I'm curious as to what the current status of church services are in your area. Any churches not went back yet? Is anyone back using social distancing? Are any back to in-person like before with no precautions?

Our church has been drive in for a few months. One local church opened (singing, the whole shebang)and several members then came down with it including the pastor.

Our church had an online service over Facebook during the time that things were shut down and still is doing that as an option. After things opened back up they met inside with social distancing measures. Now that it's warm and not as rainy we have been having an outside service with social distance.

sstterry said:
herofan said:

Our church has been drive in for a few months. One local church opened (singing, the whole shebang)and several members then came down with it including the pastor.

Yikes! There are some churches around here who have went back full force in the last few weeks. I haven't heard anything so far, but I'm sure it's coming.

sstterry said:
11,300 died from ebola in total worldwide. To date, there have been 129,393 "confirmed" COVID19 deaths in the US alone and 503,000 worldwide.

I guess I should have used the Spanish Flu as a better example. Right now based on your figure the Wuhan Virus is about on par with the Hong Kong flu of 1968-'69 which as I recall didn't warrant a nationwide shutdown of the economy.

TennesseeTuxedo said:
sstterry said:
11,300 died from ebola in total worldwide. To date, there have been 129,393 "confirmed" COVID19 deaths in the US alone and 503,000 worldwide.

I guess I should have used the Spanish Flu as a better example. Right now based on your figure the Wuhan Virus is about on par with the Hong Kong flu of 1968-'69 which as I recall didn't warrant a nationwide shutdown of the economy.
Not a very good comparison, as that pandemic killed 100,000 in total. COVID is going to blow way past that; it's just getting started.

Edited to clarify: Talking about the Hong Kong flu.

https://www.britannica.com/event/1968-flu-pandemic

The 1968 flu pandemic resulted in an estimated one million to four million deaths, far fewer than the 1918–19 pandemic, which caused between 25 million and 50 million deaths.

1-4 million deaths, I agree we can top those numbers.

Buck Randall said:
TennesseeTuxedo said:
sstterry said:

Not a very good comparison, as that pandemic killed 100,000 in total. COVID is going to blow way past that; it's just getting started.

One correction, the Hong Kong Flu killed 1 million over two years.
https://www.visualcapitalist.com/history-of-pandemics-deadliest/

TennesseeTuxedo said:
You people do know that the vast majority of people who contract the Wuhan Flu recover right? This isn't Ebola.

Well, that clears that up for me since this is the #1 source in the world for accurate news. If I'm ever confused about anything, I just make a quick trip here, and I'm walking in sunshine.

herofan said:
TennesseeTuxedo said:
You people do know that the vast majority of people who contract the Wuhan Flu recover right? This isn't Ebola.

Well, that clears that up for me since this is the #1 source in the world for accurate news. If I'm ever confused about anything, I just make a quick trip here, and I'm walking in sunshine.

Don't you have a home improvement project you need to go ignore?

Buck Randall said:
TennesseeTuxedo said:
sstterry said:

Ebola is a more deadly disease Buck, I'm certain you're aware of that.

TennesseeTuxedo said:
Buck Randall said:
TennesseeTuxedo said:

Ebola is a more deadly disease Buck, I'm certain you're aware of that.

More deadly to those infected, yes. Covid is much more easily transmissible. That's why ebola hasn't quite been able to take off on a global level yet the way that Covid has.

TennesseeTuxedo said:
herofan said:
TennesseeTuxedo said:

I had a project I was gong to ignore, but I've been napping most of the day, so I wasn't consciously ignoring it. I'll try to stay awake on Monday so I can be aware that I'm ignoring it.

herofan said:
TennesseeTuxedo said:
herofan said:

I had a project I was gong to ignore, but I've been napping most of the day, so I wasn't consciously ignoring it. I'll try to stay awake on Monday so I can be aware that I'm ignoring it.

We all have various gifts and we should exercise them. Rock on.

We had parking lot church for several months. Pull in and dial up 107.9 on the radio. Sit in the car and listen to the pastor. Three weeks ago we went to service in the church. Two services instead of one and the seating rearranged to add social distancing. The early service is still broadcast on the radio for people in the parking lot. And it has been put out online the entire time. In the past 300 people at one service. Now maybe 200 total at two services.

TennesseeTuxedo said:
herofan said:
TennesseeTuxedo said:

We all have various gifts and we should exercise them. Rock on.

Yep. Guys like you have spoiled me. My gift isn't having a plethora of knowledge on all subjects know to man, but I know I can get it here, so I just nap most of the time. I click here to absorb all the knowledge I will need to correctly participate in the real world.

We are going back to church tomorrow for the first time. Have to wear a mask,and social distance. Shouldn't be to hard. We have a small country church. I think it could hold 200 people jam packed, but we're lucky if we get 12 on an average Sunday.

Latest posts