In Person Church

Help Support CattleToday:

sstterry mentioned a church that opened with singing and such, and several including the pastor got the virus. I have been hearing of churches around me opening and doing just like before, and several in the congregation got the virus. Some have even started revivals and meeting every night. Now that some time has passed, how are those "business as usual" churches working out in your area? Has there been any outbreaks, or has it been ok so far?

herofan said:
sstterry mentioned a church that opened with singing and such, and several including the pastor got the virus. I have been hearing of churches around me opening and doing just like before, and several in the congregation got the virus. Some have even started revivals and meeting every night. Now that some time has passed, how are those "business as usual" churches working out in your area? Has there been any outbreaks, or has it been ok so far?

Just heard last week that some folks from a local church had attended a camp in another state and contracted it, then it was said that the following Sunday service the folks there could have been exposed. I know the pastor of that church. A few weeks ago our pastor said that he knew of 3 congregations in other counties that had seen some cases and spreading within churches. We are still meeting outside for service.

herofan said:

Yep we're meeting inside and I'm still leading singing.
It's not that big a problem as there are not many "Democrat Christians" as that's an oxymoron.
Can't be both and vote the platform.

I am a non Christian, and a non White guy looking in. It's a war on white men and a war on God. The left can't control people that believe in any God. Period.

Ky hills said:
herofan said:

Just heard last week that some folks from a local church had attended a camp in another state and contracted it, then it was said that the following Sunday service the folks there could have been exposed. I know the pastor of that church. A few weeks ago our pastor said that he knew of 3 congregations in other counties that had seen some cases and spreading within churches. We are still meeting outside for service.

Did that camp happen to be here in Ohio?

chaded said:
Ky hills said:
herofan said:

Did that camp happen to be here in Ohio?

I believe so.

After a few weeks of closure, it's business as usual here. My longing to return re-affirms my belief that church is much more than a Sunday morning Gospel message. Among other things, it is encouraging, warning, and sharing time with brothers and sisters of like precious faith.

This week we moved from 2 services with the chairs well spaced to one service outdoors. It was hot this last week so they installed shade. Everyone crowding in out of the sun made for less social distancing than I would like to see. But I do think being outdoors does help. And I positioned myself on the edge away from the crowded areas.

Might have posted this earlier, might not have..............Statistic for here is about 50% of people have returned to worship. Meaning a church with 100 started services back with 50.

The cases have really went up from churches around here in the last month, especially those not doing any social distancing or masks. One church had 40 cases, which was a huge part of their congregation.

They really started more testing here. Now we have had 68 positives and 2 deaths. The two who died were 84 and 90 both living in a nursing home with underlining health issues. None of the other people have spent any time in the hospital. They have tested about 9% of the county population and have about 4.5% of those tested coming back positive.

For the last month we have been doing church with seating outside the building and with a pot luck after service. Nobody from the church testing positive. They are still videoing the service and putting it online for those not wanting to come to service. I did notice that the parking lot was full and some people had to park out along the road.

MO-Ruminants said:
I've noticed we're trending away from seeing others as God-created humans and toward seeing others as possible pathogen-laden threats.

That's called "common sense" but the pathogen laden threats are loved as well.

Lost a very good friend two weeks ago. 60 year old dairyman in good health. Another was in a coma for 8 days and in the hospital over two weeks. He's home now but looks like a gut with all the shyt slung out of it. Says it's definitely "not" the flu;

TexasBred said:
Lost a very good friend two weeks ago. 60 year old dairyman in good health. Another was in a coma for 8 days and in the hospital over two weeks. He's home now but looks like a gut with all the shyt slung out of it. Says it's definitely "not" the flu;

I'm sorry to hear about your friend. I've talked to a few people who have had it, and they confirm too that it's certainly not the flu.

Latest posts