Most Famous Person You've Seen

Help Support CattleToday:

Arnold Ziffle":uzt3i6c0 said:
Wasn't Bill McKinney the other riffraff backwoodsman that "did the dirty deed" to Ned Beatty in Deliverance? (Also played "Captain Redlegs" in The Outlaw Josey Wales)

I've seen Deliverance 3 or 4 times and Josey Wales at least a dozen times and I never made that connection. I see it now. I've always said I would make a lousy detective. ;-)

Met Ted Williams when I was 13. He talked to me about baseball for a few minutes. Great guy!

Also did some drinkin with the cast of Conagher down in Canon City Co. when they were filming. Wish I remembered more about that.

Met Sam Elliot at the same time. I don't think he even knows he is a celebrity.

Finally, after about 3 years, I saw "brownmule" (Rose) yesterday at the donkey/mule show in WV. Not only saw her, but met her and some family members, and even had some time to sit and talk! Rose, it sure was great to finally meet you in person!!!

well gale is the famous or infamous brownmule LOL yes it was great to met you to in person.. yr before last i just missed you and robert... talk about luck parking beside you and leslie..it had been a long week working the fair barn. but i wouldnt of missed the mule show for anything..hopefully i can some of my mules ready for next yrs show.. or maybe bring ol general jackson..
your gals {donkeys} sure have grown and have filled out nice.. just beautiful.. the highlite of the day was talking w/ you and "mr gale"...Rose

Gale Seddon":sad52zo7 said:
Finally, after about 3 years, I saw "brownmule" (Rose) yesterday at the donkey/mule show in WV. Not only saw her, but met her and some family members, and even had some time to sit and talk! Rose, it sure was great to finally meet you in person!!!

LUCKY!!!!! :D

Crowderfarms":f16qxdme said:
Come to think of it, I did see my smiling face in the mirror this mornin'. :shock: :shock: :shock:

Please let us know the very first time you look in the mirror and see someone else!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Me an Flaboy treated a bunch of folks that had these symptoms down at his Bed and Breakfast last year.

We fed 'em a spoonful of Timek everyday for a week and they were fully cured (pickled) by week two. :shock:

~

Almost ran over Ronald Regan when he jumped out in front of my truck as I was driving into a motel entrance. His SS men were all over my vehicle like magots on meat.

Taught Vidal Sassoon how to milk a cow at the local county fair.

Had breckfast with author Rita Mae Brown in a blizzard.

Sat and chatted with Cat Stevens at the Chateau Frontenac in Quebec when I was on a high school class trip. Had no idea who he was --but he wrote the words to Moon Shadow on a napkin for me.

Met Rex Trailer when I volunteered at a Special Olympics event.

I received my diploma from the current Secretary of Defense - Robert Gates

I have Lance Berkman's autograph on a rookie card along with quite a few of the Astros players...... they guy that owns the team is from my hometown and he always brings a few of the players to the high school to sign autographs

I sold a car to Tom Morello. Your kids will probably know who he is, I didn't know who he was until after the fact.

Met Tammy Wynette when I was quite young - I'll be nice now that she is passed away.

Met Johnny Cash, and Loretta Lynn when I was younger. Johnny was a flirt and Loretta was so very nice.

Had Hank Williams as a guest for my first communion brunch.

Met Ray Stevens at a local fair. He was a hoot.

Met Stocky in Florida a couple of years ago -- and he proved to be more interesting then the rest!

Arnold Ziffle":1a3quonk said:
Tigerian -- the guy you named must be the tall, toothless guy from Deliverance, right? Wasn't Bill McKinney the other riffraff backwoodsman that "did the dirty deed" to Ned Beatty in Deliverance? (Also played "Captain Redlegs" in The Outlaw Josey Wales)

Yup he was McKinney's partner in Deliverance and they are still good friends in real life, McKinney has been up to visit him a few times in Maggie Valley and they worked together on another smaller movie there recently. There's actually a pic of Herb with his squirrel on his IMDB page. :lol: :)

most famous I've seen is the Queen, Prince Philip, Prince Charles and Princess Ann. President Bill Clinton. Nelson Mandela, Winston Churchill. Spoke to Margaret Thacher.

seen Jimi Hendrix, Ozzy Osbourne, the Everly Bros, T-Rex, Rolling Stones, Beatles, Deep Purple, Black Sabbath, Pink Floyd, Elton John, The Who at different concerts as a teenager. When I was a small child aged about 6...went to a show with my Mum and saw Tony Bennet, Sammy Davies, was picked up and taken across the stage to Danny Kaye by Frank Sinatra no less. and Danny sang to me......Eric Clapton is my brothers friend and have seen him a lot on and off stage. my cousin is Jimmy Greeves he was a football (Soccer) star in the sixties. Through him met most of the England 1966 Squad as they attended his wedding.

CowCop":3gke2yz0 said:
~

Had breckfast with author Rita Mae Brown in a blizzard.

We own a farm next to hers. I sold her a couple heifers a few years back.

cfpinz

Most famous people I've seen (AND gotten an autograph from :D ) was Canadian astronauts Chris Hadfield and Julie Payette. That was about 10 years ago when me, my folks and some other family of mine went to the Cold Lake Air show.

had supper with and almost went into business with Chubby Checker (my boss at the time and he were old friends), nice man, very religious, told an interesting story about the first time he met Elvis!

did business with a guy who was "big sep" in the movie ''8 heads in a duffel bag"

Ty Pennington said "hey, what's up?" to me on the sidelines at a nebraska football game.

when i was in jr. high, i saw George Bush, Sr. when he was VP, he shook my dad's hand and spoke briefly with him.

my brother has done carpenter work in Warren Buffet's house.

my brother hung out with glenn beck for like two hours one night after glenn had done a lecture in omaha. said he was a really nice guy.

was feet from clinton anderson backstage at an event, (not impressed)

i am friends with an actor you've never heard of - danny markel - he was on as the world turns and murder she wrote.

fishing buddies and good friends with a former major leaguer none of you have ever heard of - chris hatcher (he only played one season in the bigs...but that makes him a major leaguer!)

i dated someone who was in eva longoria's wedding party - NO i'm not lying!!!! never met eva, this was before she was a big star anyways.

sat next to cheryl miller on an airplane

Vince Vaughn was the lifegaurd at the private club pool were I took the kids I was a nanny for. He was kind of cute so I talked to him for a while and he said he wanted to be an actor. So I asked him his name -Vince Vaughn- an easy name to remember in case he became famous. Lo and behold a couple years later he made Swingers and the rest is history. My students at school are impressed anyway. :D

Latest posts