Not a people person

Help Support CattleToday:

jltrent said:
callmefence said:
herofan said:
There is a source in my last post. I could have just asked if people enjoyed solitude or social events more, but I was interested in whether people actually considered themselves introverts. I'm sure you are aware that a dictionary definition is just that; it's a definition and not an in-depth study of the topic of anything. I looked up the word "farmer," in my dictionary, and it reads, "One who works on or operates a farm." Do you think someone could read that and have everything they need to know about being a farmer? I don't have a Webster's dictionary, but I got out my hard copy of The American Heritage College Dictionary," and it doesn't use the word shy anywhere in the definition. Different dictionaries use different language in their short definitions. Here are some other book sources that will help explain introversion:

Introvert Power by Laurie Helgoe, PhD
Introverts in Love by Sophia Dembling
The Awakened Introvert by Arnie Kozak
Quiet Influence by Jennifer B. Kahnweiler, PhD

Huh....as I've stated before both my mother and grandmother held Masters degrees in education. I was always told when I ask the meaning of a word to look it up in the dictionary....they where full of corn I guess.
Was your mama disappointed in you? You could have been callmeprofessor.....

A full time tenured professor would typically have a PhD. ( Webster's) mom was a principal...and I make more money than she did, so she's ok I think. She also would get a laugh outta me tormenting the pompous and pretentious with simple logic..You can get back to sharping chainsaws .

callmefence said:
jltrent said:
callmefence said:
Huh....as I've stated before both my mother and grandmother held Masters degrees in education. I was always told when I ask the meaning of a word to look it up in the dictionary....they where full of corn I guess.

A full time tenured professor would typically have a PhD. ( Webster's) mom was a principal...and I make more money than she did, so she's ok I think. She also would get a laugh outta me tormenting the pompous and pretentious with simple logic..You can get back to sharping chainsaws .
:lol: Giving you a hard time as I noticed you have thick skin, but I am going to have to get old Webster out on some of your words. The way they charge working on saws, weed wackers, mowers, etc. around here I probably could make more than a Principal doing that working full time.

jltrent said:
callmefence said:
jltrent said:

:lol: Giving you a hard time as I noticed you have thick skin. The way they charge working on saws around here I probably could make more than a Principal doing that working full time.

You wouldn't happen to have any ideas on mounting a v rake on a Jon boat would you??

callmefence said:
jltrent said:
callmefence said:
:lol: Giving you a hard time as I noticed you have thick skin. The way they charge working on saws around here I probably could make more than a Principal doing that working full time.

You wouldn't happen to have any ideas on mounting a v rake on a Jon boat would you??

Kinda like this? Depending on what your boat is made of?

file.php

callmefence said:
jltrent said:
callmefence said:

'I thought you had a PHD (Post Hole Digger)???????

jltrent said:
callmefence said:
jltrent said:

I've got more than I can count.
I try not to flaunt my credentials.

Not the kinda rake I was talking about
Got a near biblical rain on my fresh cut oat hay last night.

callmefence said:
jltrent said:
callmefence said:

I've got more than I can count.
I try not to flaunt my credentials.

Not the kinda rake I was talking about
Got a near biblical rain on my fresh cut oat hay last night.
I hate it for your oaks as any rain is not good, but oats, big stem grass from my experience, if you can get it dry it does not hurt it as much as grass hay. Hopefully you can get some drying weather this time of year.

greybeard said:
I'm equally comfortable in crowds or 'here on the place' by myself but I do not like the crowd sounds. The volume isn't much of a factor in that tho.
My hearing is acute. Too acute, as I can hear a dozen conversations at once in a crowded store or office and separate each out from one another across a large room. I have heard some very interesting conversations that the couple speaking thought sure no one could hear.

Beyond a group larger than that tho, it mostly becomes a din which I find unpleasant.

I find large family gatherings to be the least enjoyable. Too much dam drama and too much doting and bragging on kids and grand kids that I hardly know (or,....... I know too much about, that the bragger doesn't know or if she does know about, doesn't dare reveal)

Weed had that same effect on me. :cowboy:

I quarantine before it was cool. 😉 Not that I don't like people, I'd rather just be at home with my family. I have everything I need here. Family, cows, and coffee...what else is there?! 😊😁😝

Chevy said:
I quarantine before it was cool. 😉 Not that I don't like people, I'd rather just be at home with my family. I have everything I need here. Family, cows, and coffee...what else is there?! 😊😁😝

That's how I feel. It's not that I dislike people or other places, but my favorite place in the world is home. Some people act as though being at home very much brings them down. I don't recall the celebrity, but someone said it was like being in jail. I don't get it.

herofan said:
Chevy said:

That's how I feel. It's not that I dislike people or other places, but my favorite place in the world is home. Some people act as though being at home very much brings them down. I don't recall the celebrity, but someone said it was like being in jail. I don't get it.

Jail huh? They may need to visit a few jails. Or their home life is really whack. We have enough projects, kids, and things to stay busy for years. If we get caught up we always get a least 9 more projects. 😉😍 Not counting normally stuff that has to be done. There always the rich folks that can hirer everything done....than there is people like us. We just have to do it ourselves. Thank the good Lord we are blessed enough to have the sense to know how and not the money to be rich fat sassy and bored. 😉😅🤑 Ha thats a joke. I don't have nothing against rich people. I'm not hating on them or nothing just joking.

Latest posts