Metal Thieves

Help Support CattleToday:

A happy end to these situations is rare and I'm glad this worked. In my humble opinion, your authority saved you. You have run crews, you've worked yourself. Authority is an intangible I can't define. You know it when you are confronted by it. These guys didn't have a chance, but you probably didn't know that at the time. :D
BTW, I have "sinkhole" land and a lot of them are full of junk. Due to the high scrap prices today, guys have cleaned two of them out for me. Cheaper than if I paid them for the work.
edited to add: don't get outflanked. All that authority stuff goes out the window if you get outflanked.

good job. people need to look out for each other. cops can't do it alone. you would make a great neighbor

I had a similar situation in an orange grove but as it turned out my "thieves" were a young couple enjoying each others company. "WE WERE JUST TALKING!" he shouted when he saw the barrel sticking out the window of the truck. How was I to know??? They parked right next to the pump with all the copper wire exposed...
I finally told my tresspassers that my wife and I used to talk as well but we did it at the back of the property so as to not damage the fruit and made sure we cleaned up after ourselves.

Step 1, call 911 to report a burglary in progress.

Step 2, call back 1 minute later to cancel burglary call and explain that you've taken care of the problem yourself.

Step 3, sit back and wait. When law enforcement arrives 3 minutes later, let them take over and take care of the problem themselves.

In summary, you've saved youself 46 minutes and possibly saved your life.

That was pretty nervy, Jo. Reminds me of the time I single handedly quelled a riot after my brother threw a piece of used bubblegum in a random democrat's 'fro at a high school football game.

ga.prime":2sfq3m95 said:
That was pretty nervy, Jo. Reminds me of the time I single handedly quelled a riot after my brother threw a piece of used bubblegum in a random democrat's 'fro at a high school football game.
those were trying times indeed,,, i remember ol George W. coming to school in 2nd grade waving and shaking hands heading to Washington........ ..........thats George Wallace :cowboy:

JSCATTLE":3m3bnrdq said:
i would have called 911 again and told them I just removed 2 from the welfare list I bet the cop would have been there in 2 min ...your a better man than me ...

Be careful with that. Don't know about your neck of the woods, but around here you'd probably get charged with making a false 911 call and end up in more trouble than the dam thieves.

Van is right. A guy further out from the sheriff's office than me called 911 about some trespassers. An hour later he called 911 again and said "never mind, I shot 'em". He ended up in big trouble.

john250":2erbiyff said:
Van is right. A guy further out from the sheriff's office than me called 911 about some trespassers. An hour later he called 911 again and said "never mind, I shot 'em". He ended up in big trouble.

I guess "Big Trouble" beats outflanked and dead any day of the week!

3waycross":1sa4w98g said:
john250":1sa4w98g said:

I guess "Big Trouble" beats outflanked and dead any day of the week!
Better tried by 12 then carried by 6!

We should all feel some degree of sympathy for these folks... been going on here heavily for the last couple years. These poor members of "Metal to Meth". See the problem here and I guess everywhere else is that these people have a right to steal from all of us. Just try one time to take matters into your own hands to protect the vermin from stealing what us hard working folks have worked and sweated for many years for. Besides, if the law were to apprehend them in the act, the system is strictly about money, not punishment.We need more "alien" abductions.

ALA-If ole George wouldn't of been shot he would have lived in Washington, in that purdy white house. :cowboy:

Well in lower La. they take the thieves fishing and they don't come back. The gulf of mexico is the deadliest waters in this country and for good reason. The door to the fish house has a sign that says "if you steal here you die here" Don't know if its true but nobody worries about their stuff getting stolen.

I am glad your okay! These people are called "scrapers". I don't understand why they weren't arrested. You know most us talk alot of bs until we come face to face with something like this. My personal experience when it comes to the law where I live you better just be able to fight for yourself. When it come to it nobody going to save your life but yourself. We are talking about metal...I don't know the value on your metal.... but I don't know the kinda "scraper" that do this kinda stuff. Depending on my mood if I was to come face to face with something like this I'd tell you right now nothing material is worth more than my life. I believe everything happens for a reason and God takes care of us. Most people that steal can't get a real job, don't want to work, want more dope, or whatever. The problem I see with the world is people are not guided to do anything with their lifes. They end up drug addicts, jailbirds, lost souls, not knowing where or what to do. Not all people are lucky enough to have a good family to teach them good values and support them. Heck I think I have peter pan syndrome! I don't wanta grow up! LOL! ;-) We always want to hate on the ones that do wrong and make mistakes. Lord knows I'll be the first to tell you I make mistakes and I sure the heck ain't perfect. :tiphat:

Well Shell since you don't know the kind of people he's talking about I'll tell you. While scape isn't worth your life if these people aren't delt with they will soon be in his house taking things. And then they will get brave enough they will come on in while he and his family are there.

jedstivers":1fqaf4zr said:
Well Shell since you don't know the kind of people he's talking about I'll tell you. While scape isn't worth your life if these people aren't delt with they will soon be in his house taking things. And then they will get brave enough they will come on in while he and his family are there.
They will even get brave enough to steal a cotton trailer and pulll it down the road with flats won't they Jed :lol: :lol:

In the next county over there is a church that was told if they don't put an eight foot tall fence lined with razor wire around their A/C unit the insurance company will no longer insure them because it continues to be stolen by these scrappers for the copper. Takes an upstanding citizen to steal from a church.

You are one cool customer Jo.
Glad you were ok and learned a lesson about cell phones and taught us too.
If those guys had been high on Meth it could have gotten ugly fast.

I luv herfrds":1151qlba said:
You are one cool customer Jo.
Glad you were ok and learned a lesson about cell phones and taught us too.
If those guys had been high on Meth it could have gotten ugly fast.
Yea, he would probably have turned his blue pet snake on them. :shock: :roll: :hide:

Latest posts