Metal Detector

Help Support CattleToday:

dun

Reaction score
How do you get tem to function satisfactorily in tall unmown grass?

inyati13":34fk7i79 said:
Workinonit Farm":34fk7i79 said:
Run them closer to the ground? As in, have them pretty much rub the ground. It would be a slow process for sure.

That is what I do too. It will work if the sensitivity is adjusted.
That's what I was doing, just thought there was a secret I didn;t know about

Thanks

M5farm":2h3j82df said:
I'm curious to know what you have lost?
Lots od stuff too numerous to mention. But we have an old log cabin that was the orgianl house when thsi farm weas cleared 90 years ago. It's all collaped over the years and I'm just curious what I might find around it.

Cool , check the fire place real good, I found an old single shot shot gun that was sawn off to about 10" and the stock had been whittled to make the pistol grip and its still loaded. The last known person to live there was in the 20s and came with some land my grand parents bought. The chimneys around here from that era were made out of lime stone and they had carved a secret compartment just inside .

Dun, what brand detector do you have? Most require a medium back and forth motion. I have a Garrett that doesn't need too much motion to pickup on buried objects. Regardless, knocking those weeds down would make all the difference detecting well. If it's a small area, you might be able to run a weedeater over it first. To pick up some interesting things you might want to change the setting to "all metal" ( no discrimination).

James T":19oky36d said:
Dun, what brand detector do you have? Most require a medium back and forth motion. I have a Garrett that doesn't need too much motion to pickup on buried objects. Regardless, knocking those weeds down would make all the difference detecting well. If it's a small area, you might be able to run a weedeater over it first. To pick up some interesting things you might want to change the setting to "all metal" ( no discrimination).
Garrett Ace 350 set to all metal and sensitivity turned all the way up.

Good detector! With the standard size head, you will do well. Playing around with sensitivity can get you around some of the Halo effect given off by completely rusted nails. The biggest motivator for adjusting it will be around the 20 to 30th squat/dig and coming up with rust. Be sure to check around any unusually large trees located near that cabin. Anywhere people might have gathered.

Latest posts