May soon become banned.........

Help Support CattleToday:

************* said:
In my neck of the woods, I fill up around 2-3 feedsacks full of plastic bottles and sh.t from fast food restaurants off of our frontage and fields each week.

Kudos to ya....especially if you got the feedsacks off the roadside before they got into your pasture. :nod:

Noticed the south wind put a lot of plastic on the fences lately. Hoping the north wind that blew in today takes care of some of it. :D

************* said:
In my neck of the woods, I fill up around 2-3 feedsacks full of plastic bottles and sh.t from fast food restaurants off of our frontage and fields each week.

One guy has been passing my house all winter going to feed cattle scattering empty feed sacks everywhere. I pickup almost a mile and it is a couple sacks full of mashed beer cans at least twice a year plus everything else. Bud light sales must be through the roof around here.

jltrent said:
************* said:

One guy has been passing my house all winter going to feed cattle scattering empty feed sacks everywhere. I pickup almost a mile of road frontage both sides and it is a couple sacks full of mashed beer cans at least twice a year plus everything else. Bud light sales must be through the roof around here.

If the guys who throw out all the beer cans here did 100 push ups and a 100 sit ups per discarded can or bottle they would be ripped like a Spartan warrior.

Branded, I'll see your debris on the side of the road & raise you what appears to be the entire contents of a household, including past due bills, credit card statements, vehicle registration, tires in the waterway, pictures . . . . Could very well be a landlord clearing out whatever the tenants left behind or just blatant disregard & stupidity. Sheriff Dept unable to locate the individuals (evidently serial movers) and the Township cleaned it up - both times it happened, same people. :mad:
https://i.postimg.cc/kX8T21V5/IMG-20181129-150259822.jpg https://i.postimg.cc/V6pF6nmM/IMG-20181129-150303602.jpg

Make something disposable outta something that never rots just doesn't seem like a good idea. Heck remember when bottled water came in a cardboard carton? I wish the paper Mills would come take a look at these cedars.

TCRanch said:
Branded, I'll see your debris on the side of the road & raise you what appears to be the entire contents of a household, including past due bills, credit card statements, vehicle registration, tires in the waterway, pictures . . . . Could very well be a landlord clearing out whatever the tenants left behind or just blatant disregard & stupidity. Sheriff Dept unable to locate the individuals (evidently serial movers) and the Township cleaned it up - both times it happened, same people. :mad:
https://i.postimg.cc/kX8T21V5/IMG-20181129-150259822.jpg https://i.postimg.cc/V6pF6nmM/IMG-20181129-150303602.jpg

There are still families here who cannot afford the rural garbage fee. In our County garbage pickup is not a public service. It is a private business and you have to contact the pickup company and pay a monthly fee if you want your garbage picked up. Some who cannot afford it or don't want to pay, drive back a remote rural road and throw it out on the side of the road.

Bright Raven said:
TCRanch said:

There are still families here who cannot afford the rural garbage fee. In our County garbage pickup is not a public service. It is a private business and you have to contact the pickup company and pay a monthly fee if you want your garbage picked up. Some who cannot afford it or don't want to pay, drive back a remote rural road and throw it out on the side of the road.

Are you saying it's okay to literally dump trash on a county road if you can't afford or don't want to pay for garbage service? Littering is a crime. Our county has a landfill that is open to the public. There is a charge for some items (tires, enormous loads) but they often have "free days". Another option, living in the country, is to burn the majority of the items pictured.

TCRanch said:
Bright Raven said:
TCRanch said:

Are you saying it's okay to literally dump trash on a county road if you can't afford or don't want to pay for garbage service? Littering is a crime. Our county has a landfill that is open to the public. There is a charge for some items (tires, enormous loads) but they often have "free days". Another option, living in the country, is to burn the majority of the items pictured.

No. Stating the facts.

This is a rural county. Some folks live on small properties that only have enough room for a home and a yard. They don't have a holler to dispose of garbage. So they drive back a county road and throw it out on the side of the road.

Just don't see trash along the road here. Even closer to town and on the road leading to the dump. People are just proud of the nice clean area and try to keep it that way. Not that there isn't an occasional something along the road but it is much more common to have cow manure on the road than trash.

Dumping trash in this county is bad enough that the sheriff has two deputies assigned to investigate it. They have trail cams at all the popular places and now the trash is dumping trash on the county roads out in the open.

I say ban the helium, then the Mylar would stay in their yard.[/quote
Ain't that the truth.
Last place I leased in CA was bordered by a narrow river gorge and had a small popular beach & swimming spot favored by the locals. Favorite dump site for assorted dead kitchen appliances, vehicles, sundry trash and mountains of diapers. Insult to injury...posted "Private Property/High Fire Danger". Yep...had to battle a number of near disastrous wild land fires caused by the idiots who ignored the warnings.

We dont get too much of the fast food trash flickers because we are quite a bit off the beaten path. What we do get quite a bit of is beer cans/bottles from the late night, drive the back roads and drink crowd. We also get an inordinate amount of televisions, sofas and toilets(bathroom remodels??). We have a county landfill, but they charge a bit much for us locals to dump there. Most of our landfill is utilized by semi dumps coming in from Illinois. County also has a recycling center for the TVs and appliances, but they also charge for disposal. So, our roadside ditches inherit the things no one wants to pay to dispose of.

slick4591 said:
Dumping trash in this county is bad enough that the sheriff has two deputies assigned to investigate it. They have trail cams at all the popular places and now the trash is dumping trash on the county roads out in the open.

Wow, that is terrible. It's still considered "ornamentation" where I live.

Dave said:
Just don't see trash along the road here. Even closer to town and on the road leading to the dump. People are just proud of the nice clean area and try to keep it that way. Not that there isn't an occasional something along the road but it is much more common to have cow manure on the road than trash.

I could only dream of that here. It once was like that in my area, people took a lot of pride in what they had, not anymore.

Bright Raven said:
TCRanch said:
Bright Raven said:

No. Stating the facts.

This is a rural county. Some folks live on small properties that only have enough room for a home and a yard. They don't have a holler to dispose of garbage. So they drive back a county road and throw it out on the side of the road.

I met a guy once that thought garbage disappeared once it was far enough back in the woods. I told him that plastic took a couple years to break down and he looked at me with a blank stare.

************* said:
Bright Raven said:
TCRanch said:

No. Stating the facts.

I met a guy once that thought garbage disappeared once it was far enough back in the woods. I told him that plastic took a couple years to break down and he looked at me with a blank stare.

Yep. BTW: there are still a few places where locals dump the non-burnables like wash machines, dryers, refrigerators, stoves, BBQ grills, etc.

Latest posts