Market drop

Help Support CattleToday:

denvermartinfarms":1wnriv6i said:
skyhightree1":1wnriv6i said:
:D Funny guys you all are :) I meant like if they drop about 20-30 cents a lb in 2 weeks I will sell before they drop any lower by that 3rd week hopefully. TB :) You are right ammo is too expensive I can't spare one bullet.
No offense, but after carefully inspecting that post, I sincerely reccomend you get with a experienced cattle man and do some learning about this business and the markets.

denvermartinfarms":1wnriv6i said:
highgrit":1wnriv6i said:
Sky, is playing with scarred money. DM, he won't listen to anyone, but his grandma.
Might be.

First off I would like to address these statements. If I did need an experienced " Cattle Man " it would not be you because you are just a BOY trying to find himself. Secondly, I have no scared money what I do have is a business I own and run solely owned by myself with 31 full time employees as well as selling used farm and construction equipment. I also am a co-owner of a row crop operation in which yes I do listen to my grandmother because she is president of that operation I am vice president. Last and finally I started out with a few cows and with a recent purchase this year and calving am now knocking the door at triple digits. I am the SOLE owner of the cattle and I make my own calls on anything I do with them good bad or indifferent. Denver unlike you I have a WIFE and 2 kids it seems to me all you care about is being buddy buddy with a few here and trying to be cool. I encourage you to get out the cows azz stop smelling cow shyt all day find yourself a woman to occupy your time and or boyfriend if that's what you like and do not focus your attention on me. Ok back to my reason for the statement. I am tired I want to sell off anyone and have made my mind up. I want to keep no more than 30 head so if prices drop that's when I would unload. The cattle are not my sole income the cattle sales are in a bank account used just for cattle I do not even use the money unless its cattle related. My grandmother HG actually wants me to keep them and add to them so no mr. HG I do not listen. Everything I do is for a reason ..reasons which no one may understand but whats important is that I am ok with my decisions good bad or indifferent. I would rather spend time with my family then smell and be up a cows azz all the time. I hope that clears it up for yall fellers. BTW I was not bragging but explaining my reasoning. :mrgreen: :cowboy: :tiphat: :banana:

TennesseeTuxedo":1iywk60e said:
I didn't make the statement in question. I would sincerely appreciate your insight Denver. Where are cattle prices headed between now and December 31st?
Well, the exact dates and dollars I and knowone else can give a garuntee on. But I can tell you that your not going to see calves 500lbs or bigger 30$ cheaper than they are today. My opinion is we will see it up and down about 10 to 15$ through October then a steady climb up.

Sky, in all seriousness, if you have made up your mind to only keep 30, why would you wait until the market drops 20 or 30. Sell now if that's what you're going to do anyway.

denvermartinfarms":9ndmjxql said:
TennesseeTuxedo":9ndmjxql said:
I didn't make the statement in question. I would sincerely appreciate your insight Denver. Where are cattle prices headed between now and December 31st?
Well, the exact dates and dollars I and knowone else can give a garuntee on. But I can tell you that your not going to see calves 500lbs or bigger 30$ cheaper than they are today. My opinion is we will see it up and down about 10 to 15$ through October then a steady climb up.

I'm going to hold you to that.

Boy howdy :???:, that's alot, I'm the one with problems??? Again, I was simply trying to point out something that is a bad idea for anyone concerned to go and do if we are ever in the position, I would hate to see anyone do that and those that much money.

Now if we want to get hateful about it, I guess I will ask who all on this site makes there living and supports them selves as a cattle buyer/ trader? I have had a bunch of people ALOT older than me trust me to do a good job with THERE money in this business.

And when I said a good cattle man, I never meant myself, for one reason I was being sincere and really meant that it might be helpful. And also because I know you wouldn't take information from me, because for some reason you have a major problem with me for no reason.

TennesseeTuxedo":t1nwuhfj said:
denvermartinfarms":t1nwuhfj said:
TennesseeTuxedo":t1nwuhfj said:

I'm going to hold you to that.
Alright, does that differ from the way you see things now?

LRTX1":17omms5a said:
Sky, in all seriousness, if you have made up your mind to only keep 30, why would you wait until the market drops 20 or 30. Sell now if that's what you're going to do anyway.

The man I posted about earlier this year about going into cattle business is supposed to buy the vast majority of my cattle and I am waiting for a deposit on them to lock in the price. If he hadn't gave me the deposit and prices are dropping I figure may as well sell off. He is working through some issues on the farm he is buying and also does not have good fences yet.

Does anyone else find it a little strange the way this had gone? Maybe I'm the one seeing it wrong, but does a helpful suggestion to keep a person from losing money really bring about the response I have gotten? I've never got the feeling to react like that to someone giving a me an opinion about something. Maybe I'm to easy going.

denvermartinfarms":2jtl4k6x said:
Does anyone else find it a little strange the way this had gone? Maybe I'm the one seeing it wrong, but does a helpful suggestion to keep a person from losing money really bring about the response I have gotten? I've never got the feeling to react like that to someone giving a me an opinion about something. Maybe I'm to easy going.

Talk about it at your next counseling session.

skyhightree1":ixcrwn7o said:
denvermartinfarms":ixcrwn7o said:

:lol2: will do. No question your a master at taking a nice thing done by someone (me) who you dislike for no reason, and then getting it so far off track of the original discussion on to weird ideas you have (that are wrong) about there life. IMO that's a strange way to go about things, but if it gives you a nice feeling, then good for you.

denvermartinfarms":2icm98s4 said:
skyhightree1":2icm98s4 said:
denvermartinfarms":2icm98s4 said:

:lol2: will do. No question your a master at taking a nice thing done by someone (me) who you dislike for no reason, and then getting it so far off track of the original discussion on to weird ideas you have (that are wrong) about there life. IMO that's a strange way to go about things, but if it gives you a nice feeling, then good for you.

NEXT :deadhorse:

It was the exact response I knew you DM and I were going to receive. Scarred money is a term used by gambler's, same as bluffing. Now is a good time to sell, and you have to be a gambler to buy at these prices. And here's another good tip Sky, Cattle Range is a good place to sell cows.

Back on topic. A report I got from a market here today that I do not go to was 5 cents cheaper on good calves up to 25 cents cheaper on the more common ones. I plan on buying calves Monday thinking they will be higher by late fall. Maybe sooner. Grain is getting cheaper so I can feed them and put on a lot of pounds before winter.

highgrit":1wwdhnmh said:
And here's another good tip Sky, Cattle Range is a good place to sell cows.
Thanks

kenny thomas":1wwdhnmh said:
Back on topic. A report I got from a market here today that I do not go to was 5 cents cheaper on good calves up to 25 cents cheaper on the more common ones. I plan on buying calves Monday thinking they will be higher by late fall. Maybe sooner. Grain is getting cheaper so I can feed them and put on a lot of pounds before winter.

Kenny what size calves are you planning on buying?

TennesseeTuxedo":19vqdszz said:
KT, you are a cattleman to whom I would listen. Good luck with the calves.

I agree with that and that's not to take away from a lot of others on here as well that I respect and would listen too.

skyhightree1":15bbgmaw said:
TennesseeTuxedo":15bbgmaw said:
KT, you are a cattleman to whom I would listen. Good luck with the calves.

I agree with that and that's not to take away from a lot of others on here as well that I respect and would listen too.

Guys, dont read too much into what I do. I have some of my calves to wean and I will buy some to match them. I usually buy 300-400 lb calves that need some care. I need them to weigh 550-600 to match mine. May buy some of both and feed them seperate. Oh, and also I need a few Jersey steers to feed and sell for beef.

Latest posts