Man killed in home during gun confiscation

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bright Raven":8g1wdi2h said:
bball":8g1wdi2h said:
OleScout":8g1wdi2h said:
Police wake you up at 5:17am pounding on your door. You answer your door with your pistol (as would I). You see its the cops and put the pistol down (as would I, as he did). They hand you the warrant and say we are here to take your guns because some undisclosed person said they "think" you are a threat.
Sorry but I couldn't deal with that well and get my mind around what is happening either and I'm sure there would be an "I'll be damned if you will" uttered in there somewhere, I might even pick up my pistol to keep it, situation could go south quickly.
Guess I would be considered a "THREAT" to.

The situation could have been handled and resolved without the GESTAPO tactics and the guy getting killed.
As long as everyone goes along with " Someone got it right - he was a nut job" All can be taken out one at a time.

As would I. I sure don't like the fact that one person filed on him and that was enough. Another family member stated he was harmless. If the law showed up to collect my guns, well, then i guess thats the end for me. If that makes me a nutjob, so be it. :(

I am a lot different than you. If the police show up to collect my guns - I will do what ever they say. I would rather spill my blood in court proving they were wrong than on the living room floor proving I am a nut job.
I understand and respect your position. There's a few moments in a man's life where he has to draw the line and make his stand. The 2nd Amendment is one of those stands for me. I am fine going out like that if I must.

bball":3kqtvn4o said:
Bright Raven":3kqtvn4o said:
bball":3kqtvn4o said:
As would I. I sure don't like the fact that one person filed on him and that was enough. Another family member stated he was harmless. If the law showed up to collect my guns, well, then i guess thats the end for me. If that makes me a nutjob, so be it. :(

I am a lot different than you. If the police show up to collect my guns - I will do what ever they say. I would rather spill my blood in court proving they were wrong than on the living room floor proving I am a nut job.
I understand and respect your position. There's a few moments in a man's life where he has to draw the line and make his stand. The 2nd Amendment is one of those stands for me. I am fine going out like that if I must.

I find that bizarre. Just being totally honest. What can you possibly accomplish after they kill you? You have no future opportunities to fight for your rights.

To me it is like running out in front of a car when it is rolling over the hill thinking you can stop a wreck.

Its taking a stand for something. Right there in the moment. I dont want to fight but i darn sure will. Not even debating if it's logical or not. It's just something I believe that strongly in. Plenty of people have died throughout history making a stand that seemed fruitless in the moment, only to change the course of history by their dying while making that stand.

bball":g0s4qq7v said:
Its taking a stand for something. Right there in the moment. I dont want to fight but i darn sure will. Not even debating if it's logical or not. It's just something I believe that strongly in. Plenty of people have died throughout history making a stand that seemed fruitless in the moment, only to change the course of history by their dying while making that stand.

I am going to do this only because I know you can handle it.

You are full of crap. Lol. You are talking smack but when faced with a warrant to surrender your gun, you are not going to resist. Even if you kill the two officers in front of you, you then will spend your life in prison or face capital punishment.

I simply think you are too logical.

bball":qufz51iq said:
OleScout":qufz51iq said:
Police wake you up at 5:17am pounding on your door. You answer your door with your pistol (as would I). You see its the cops and put the pistol down (as would I, as he did). They hand you the warrant and say we are here to take your guns because some undisclosed person said they "think" you are a threat.
Sorry but I couldn't deal with that well and get my mind around what is happening either and I'm sure there would be an "I'll be damned if you will" uttered in there somewhere, I might even pick up my pistol to keep it, situation could go south quickly.
Guess I would be considered a "THREAT" to.

The situation could have been handled and resolved without the GESTAPO tactics and the guy getting killed.
As long as everyone goes along with " Someone got it right - he was a nut job" All can be taken out one at a time.

Sad part is,one person is all it takes to make the complaint..and one idiot with a lawyer can make life miserable..his biggest problem was putting the gun down in the first place. If he planned to use it..

bball":iiawxu54 said:

In this day and political climate, you become a statistic. Another killed by police. Those who oppose the 2nd Amendment will call you another "gun nut with an ax to grind." Those who even support the 2nd Amendment won't support you b/c the political climate is too hot. It would be a wasted life, and one in which your family would suffer.

Most importantly, does anyone know what was said to get said individual a private audience with the police? It may be more convincing than you know, or it may be familiar malfeasance looking to take control of a situation for personal gain. That's the key to puzzle here. Until that is divulged, it's all :bs: .

Bright Raven":1kkg16s0 said:
bball":1kkg16s0 said:

You are full of crap. Lol. You are talking smack but when faced with a warrant to surrender your gun, you are not going to resist. Even if you kill the two officers in front of you, you then will spend your life in prison or face capital punishment.

I'm not talking smack. Just sharing what I believe. I wouldn't relish a moment like that. I hope it would never happen. The statistics for surviving that altercation are exceedingly low. His death has already brought light to these Red flag laws to many people unaware of such things existing.

I am a passionate man, just controlled, metered passion ;-)

Everybody crying mental cases doing mass shootings, mass hysteria ensues when one of them is reported and is confronted by police.

Bestoutwest":3dwndlhc said:
bball":3dwndlhc said:

In this day and political climate, you become a statistic. Another killed by police. Those who oppose the 2nd Amendment will call you another "gun nut with an ax to grind." Those who even support the 2nd Amendment won't support you b/c the political climate is too hot. It would be a wasted life, and one in which your family would suffer

Most importantly, does anyone know what was said to get said individual a private audience with the police? It may be more convincing than you know, or it may be familiar malfeasance looking to take control of a situation for personal gain. That's the key to puzzle here. Until that is divulged, it's all :bs: .

Much of what you state in the first paragraph is subjective, but I don't disagree with much of it. As the chasm widens in this country, people are being forced to make a decision. The middle ground is drying up faster than a rain drop in the desert. History has repeated this play many times.

I will avoid the political topic, but let's just state that we only have ourselves to thank/blame for where we are now.

Drink your Koolaid. Nothing to see here. Get on the train. You and you're friends are going on vacation!!!!

ga.prime":2sroe8vi said:
Pretty simple, don't draw a gun on police. Not complicated at all.

Amen.

Is so simple, I just don't understand how anyone could not see it. I swear. It is like jumping in an acid vat because it offends you

Sane level headed citizens need guns, crazy stupid fools don't

bball":1gfexe1d said:
Bestoutwest":1gfexe1d said:
bball":1gfexe1d said:

In this day and political climate, you become a statistic. Another killed by police. Those who oppose the 2nd Amendment will call you another "gun nut with an ax to grind." Those who even support the 2nd Amendment won't support you b/c the political climate is too hot. It would be a wasted life, and one in which your family would suffer

Much of what you state in the first paragraph is subjective, but I don't disagree with much of it. As the chasm widens in this country, people are being forced to make a decision. The middle ground is drying up faster than a rain drop in the desert. History has repeated this play many times.

I will avoid the political topic, but let's just state that we only have ourselves to thank/blame for where we are now.

It is subjective, however I can't recall any cases where I've seen anyone take up for the guy defending his constitutional right to arm himself resulting in his death. Martyrdom is commendable but it doesn't feed your kids.

Bright Raven":rb9nvm6o said:
ga.prime":rb9nvm6o said:
Pretty simple, don't draw a gun on police. Not complicated at all.

Amen.

Is so simple, I just don't understand how anyone could not see it. I swear. It is like jumping in an acid vat because it offends you

It's not simple when it comes to your Constitutional rights. The very founding principles of illegal search and seizure that lead us to our first Civil War. Seizure over he said is :bs:
Without a jury trail that was a violation of Amendment 4 in my book.

Amendment 4
- Protection from Unreasonable Searches and Seizures

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects against unreasonable searches and seizures shall not be violated, and no warrants shall issue but upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched and the persons or things to be seized.

Bright Raven":3w2zbste said:
bball":3w2zbste said:

the fact that there are a lot of people out there who feel exactly like ball is the reason that we have the security that we have inside our homes.

Not everyone gets to choose which hill they will die on. The decision by those men at Concord and Lexington was completely illogical....... I will be forever grateful that they made that decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts