Driving Home Naked

Help Support CattleToday:

And other misadventures of a country veterinarian. By Melinda G McCall, DVM. Catchy title, huh?

Recommending this book, primarily for the ladies on CT, and definitely thought @farmerjan would enjoy it. And I know at least one gentleman on CT whose wife is a vet. Dr. McCall is a mobile vet in central Virginia and a single mother with a sense of humor and grit. I know how hard it is for a lot of women in Ag to be taken seriously, and certainly a large animal vet, but she wins over even the crotchetiest old men. Plus, I learned about Query fever, which can be transmitted to humans by a single spore (initial diagnosis was brucellosis - yikes!). Anyway, just a good read that all of us can relate to.

Amazon product ASIN 1647425174
I'll check it out.

I actually did drive around naked with a doctor boyfriend one night on the local back country dirt roads in Texas. Medical professionals have to have some way to release the stress of their work.

I have driven around naked a few times in my life, most often with my current wife when we were younger. . The most difficult was in a 2 seat Pontiac Fiero.
and that's allI got to say about that.......

Best vet I ever used was a female. Coldsprings Texas. If she couldn't come out pretty quick or return a call within 30 minutes, there was something serious going on elsewhere.

I am going to take the 5th on this one. Let's just say I rode in rodeos. A bunch of crazy 20 something year old guys who suffer from testosterone poisoning who get on bucking horses and bulls for the fun of it. The stories we could tell.
I have always enjoyed my dad's and uncles stories when they were rodeoing.

I had to get you and Cfpinz something for Christmas!😂
That's what I'm talking about!

TC - The "Driving Home Naked" book has been laying on our kitchen counter for a couple of weeks now, don't think the wife has started reading it yet, though.

As an aside, if anyone knows of a young vet (or two) that would like to work in a large animal only practice in Virginia, I can put them in contact.

A couple years ago a lady vet came to pull a calf from a cow i had purchased. She got so much manure and blood on herself i wouldn't have blamed her if she drove naked.

That's what I'm talking about!

TC - The "Driving Home Naked" book has been laying on our kitchen counter for a couple of weeks now, don't think the wife has started reading it yet, though.

As an aside, if anyone knows of a young vet (or two) that would like to work in a large animal only practice in Virginia, I can put them in contact.
You should read it as well! Seriously, I think you'd like it!

That said, if you or anyone knows of a large animal vet that wants to move to KS, we could definitely use another one!!!