Driving Home Naked

Help Support CattleToday:

Reaction score
And other misadventures of a country veterinarian. By Melinda G McCall, DVM. Catchy title, huh?

Recommending this book, primarily for the ladies on CT, and definitely thought @farmerjan would enjoy it. And I know at least one gentleman on CT whose wife is a vet. Dr. McCall is a mobile vet in central Virginia and a single mother with a sense of humor and grit. I know how hard it is for a lot of women in Ag to be taken seriously, and certainly a large animal vet, but she wins over even the crotchetiest old men. Plus, I learned about Query fever, which can be transmitted to humans by a single spore (initial diagnosis was brucellosis - yikes!). Anyway, just a good read that all of us can relate to.

Amazon product ASIN 1647425174

I might have to check that out. I have met her a few times she does some work for some customers of mine.

I might have to check that out. I have met her a few times she does some work for some customers of mine.
She sure seems like a genuine person and not the typical reality show type. There are so many situations in the book that resonated with me. But wow, she's been through the ringer - dangerous job!

When I first saw the title and who posted it, I thought o boy!, this is gonna be Interesting.

Entirely not what I thought it was gonna be.
I figured TC went for a swim in the mud or something chasing a calf or cow. 😆
I have stripped down to my skivvies a number of times! But we're so remote, it's not like anyone will see me and it's only awkward when the bulls are around.:oops:😁