Man killed in home during gun confiscation

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.
From Fox News:
ANNE ARUNDEL CO., Md (WBFF) — A relative of the man fatally shot by Anne Arundel County Police Monday morning says the incident stems from a family dispute Sunday night.
The woman who asked we not identify her says, the family was fighting over the care of an elderly grandparent. It's during the argument, the relative says, Gary Willis made a comment that prompted another member of their family to seek an emergency risk protective order.

Maryland's "Red Flag Law" took effect at the beginning of October. Under the new law, someone close to an individual can petition a court commissioner to issue a protective order that allows police to take a person's firearms should they show signs of being a risk to themselves or someone else.

Within its first month. one-hundred-fourteen ERPOs had been petitioned in Maryland. Mark Pennak the President of the organization Maryland Shall Issue says, "This has disaster written all over it." One neighbor said, " I didn't even know about the new law...He (Willis) probably didn't."

So the blue will get their gestapo today as the Germans. When the SS finally had all their guns, they figured out we have been imprisoned along with the political incorrect of their day.
Unarmed Your a Subject, Armed a Citizen.

Caustic Burno":qb7443tm said:
So the blue will get their gestapo today as the Germans. When the SS finally had all their guns, they figured out we have been imprisoned along with the political incorrect of their day.
Unarmed Your a Subject, Armed a Citizen.
This! The Cycle is rapidly completing itself.

this reminds me of a certain time in history.......

After every mass shootings there's chants of "We want better gun control! We want better gun control!" There's never any chants for "We want better mental health care!" or "We want less violence in front of our children on TV!" They never have any answers as to what "better gun control" yet they yell it. Reminds me of the politicians that tell you they're going to bring back jobs, but never the how....

The family member that flagged him certainly got it right. He was a threat!!!

The purpose of Maryland's "Red Flag Law" is to take guns out of the hands of "nut jobs". The stated purpose:

One allows families and law enforcement to seek firearm restrictions on those who may be a risk to themselves or others.

114 warrants served across Maryland since 'red flag law' went into effect in October
by Brad Bell/ABC7

Thursday, November 8th 2018

(ABC7)

ROCKVILLE, Md. (ABC7) — Montgomery County Sheriff Darren Popkin believes Maryland's new "red flag law" can save lives.

It gives family members, health professionals and law enforcement the authority to seek a judge's order to take guns away from someone in crisis before they hurt themselves or others.

"Law enforcement has been running into people having some sort of mental health crisis forever, however, we never had an statutory authority to take the guns away," said Popkin.

From when the law went into effect in October, 114 red flag warrants have been served across Maryland.

now if defending your own property and possessions.. you are a 'nut job' and 'threat'

ddd75":24ew57q2 said:
now if defending your own property and possessions.. you are a 'nut job' and 'threat'

The petition flagged him as a threat based on statements he had made to family. The family filed a petition to declare him a threat. The judge signed the warrant to take the guns away.

He resisted the officers serving the warrant.

Bright Raven":1caae72m said:

The purpose of Maryland's "Red Flag Law" is to take guns out of the hands of "nut jobs". The stated purpose:

One allows families and law enforcement to seek firearm restrictions on those who may be a risk to themselves or others.

114 warrants served across Maryland since 'red flag law' went into effect in October
by Brad Bell/ABC7

(ABC7)

ROCKVILLE, Md. (ABC7) — Montgomery County Sheriff Darren Popkin believes Maryland's new "red flag law" can save lives.

It gives family members, health professionals and law enforcement the authority to seek a judge's order to take guns away from someone in crisis before they hurt themselves or others.

"Law enforcement has been running into people having some sort of mental health crisis forever, however, we never had an statutory authority to take the guns away," said Popkin.

From when the law went into effect in October, 114 red flag warrants have been served across Maryland.

Family member got it right that's an opinion. Kinda like the little boy that kissed the calf on the butt. Everyone to their own taste.

This was a family dispute, been a many a buzzard family circling the old one while others are defending.

Three sides to every story yours , mine and usually the truth in the middle.

Caustic Burno":1qlmtasu said:
Bright Raven":1qlmtasu said:

by Brad Bell/ABC7

(ABC7)

Family member got it right that's an opinion. Kinda like the little boy that kissed the calf on the butt. Everyone to their own taste.

This was a family dispute, been a many a buzzard family circling the old one while others are defending.

I am sure that will be sorted out. But everytime we have had a mass shooting, everyone laments - "why didn't they do something, the guy was a nut job". This time they did.

ALACOWMAN":3ewqhzel said:
I'd have to really be out of touch with my faculties.to pick up my gun in front of the pole'lease ...

You said it. That tells me right there. Someone got it right - he was a nut job.

Bright Raven":fr7a5ecm said:
Caustic Burno":fr7a5ecm said:
Bright Raven":fr7a5ecm said:

by Brad Bell/ABC7

(ABC7)

I am sure that will be sorted out. But everytime we have had a mass shooting, everyone laments - "why didn't they do something, the guy was a nut job". This time they did.

Got to remember a lot of people might consider you a nut job as well in this PC world. Is the fox guarding the hen house? You are giving up one of your constitutional rights.
As far as having a gun when the police show up I would and have.

Police wake you up at 5:17am pounding on your door. You answer your door with your pistol (as would I). You see its the cops and put the pistol down (as would I, as he did). They hand you the warrant and say we are here to take your guns because some undisclosed person said they "think" you are a threat.
Sorry but I couldn't deal with that well and get my mind around what is happening either and I'm sure there would be an "I'll be damned if you will" uttered in there somewhere, I might even pick up my pistol to keep it, situation could go south quickly.
Guess I would be considered a "THREAT" to.

The situation could have been handled and resolved without the GESTAPO tactics and the guy getting killed.
As long as everyone goes along with " Someone got it right - he was a nut job" All can be taken out one at a time.

Caustic Burno":44vgv0x8 said:
Bright Raven":44vgv0x8 said:
Caustic Burno":44vgv0x8 said:

Got to remember a lot of people might consider you a nut job as well in this PC world. Is the fox guarding the hen house? You are giving up one of your constitutional rights.
As far as having a gun when the police show up I would and have.

Yes. It is a two edged sword.

More than one state now has "Red Flag Laws".

OleScout":b20myzzb said:
Police wake you up at 5:17am pounding on your door. You answer your door with your pistol (as would I). You see its the cops and put the pistol down (as would I, as he did). They hand you the warrant and say we are here to take your guns because some undisclosed person said they "think" you are a threat.
Sorry but I couldn't deal with that well and get my mind around what is happening either and I'm sure there would be an "I'll be damned if you will" uttered in there somewhere, I might even pick up my pistol to keep it, situation could go south quickly.

The situation could have been handled and resolved without the GESTAPO tactics and the guy getting killed.
As long as everyone goes along with " Someone got it right - he was a nut job" All can be taken out one at a time.

As would I. I sure don't like the fact that one person filed on him and that was enough. Another family member stated he was harmless. If the law showed up to collect my guns, well, then i guess thats the end for me. If that makes me a nutjob, so be it. :(

bball":gh0iokhi said:
OleScout":gh0iokhi said:

As would I. I sure don't like the fact that one person filed on him and that was enough. Another family member stated he was harmless. If the law showed up to collect my guns, well, then i guess thats the end for me. If that makes me a nutjob, so be it. :(

I am a lot different than you. If the police show up to collect my guns - I will do what ever they say. I would rather spill my blood in court proving they were wrong than on the living room floor proving I am a nut job.

bball":ibd3wfih said:
OleScout":ibd3wfih said:

Got that right everyone of the Ten Commandments have been broken over a woman, dollar, land deed and a Whitetail deer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts