Linebred Red Angus Herds

Help Support CattleToday:

ABrauny

Reaction score
I know some of you might not like line breeding and so this thread is not for you. :lol: Anyways, I'm wondering about line bred Red Angus herds out there and what sire(s) they build around. I know Dwight practices linebreeding and is building around B571 but who else in the breed is line breeding AND producing sound, moderate, thick and capacious Red Angus cattle? Fire away people.

You may want to check out Axtell Cattle Company at Anton, Colorado. They use Beckton and BootJack and are creating their own.

Red Hill Farms in Tennessee is linebreeding to B571.

A lot of it comes down to your definition of "linebreeding" as it has almost as many definitions as people that use it in their vocabulary.

We have done some linebreeding and will do more in the future. Most of our animals trace a couple times to BJR Gambler 027, a bull we had for 9 years. We've used bulls out of some of our own cows and two sons of one cow. I like seeing certain cows in a pedigree more than once.

Becktons linebreed to some extent and are a closed herd, so most everything will trace farther back to the same ancestors. I'm honestly not aware of many others that are doing it. Used to be a Chiefline herd in Texas, I think that is the name of the herd. Panhandle did quite a bit at one time, but aren't around anymore.

Latest posts