Insulated blue jeans

Help Support CattleToday:

Rural king is showing some flannel lined carhartt blue jeans. Lots of hills and curves between me and the store though.

TennesseeTuxedo":5ujbf69s said:
Bigfoot":5ujbf69s said:
Rural king is showing some flannel lined carhartt blue jeans. Lots of hills and curves between me and the store though.

Order them online, they will come right to you.

Mail hasn't ran here since last Thursday. My mom was a rural mail carrier, and never missed a day for weather. I guess they have reevaluated that policy.

Bigfoot":3i5nfffq said:
TennesseeTuxedo":3i5nfffq said:
Bigfoot":3i5nfffq said:

Mail hasn't ran here since last Thursday. My mom was a rural mail carrier, and never missed a day for weather. I guess they have reevaluated that policy.

FedEx and UPS don't miss a beat.

Rafter S":lwronsd5 said:
If you're secure enough in your masculinity to try it, pantyhose under jeans add good warmth with very little bulk. It's too much trouble if you aren't going to be out in the weather all day, and I haven't done it since I reached a point where I could afford insulated overalls, but it works.
For about 6 months after my Nov 2015 heart bypass , I wore what was close to the same thing and they have them for diabetes folks too. Keeps the blood moving. Thigh high, not the full 'pantyhose' things. They were a sob to get on and off.

I don't remember how cold it got, but lived out between Covington and Millington Tenn in the 70s and shut off then drained all the pipes in the rented mobile home I was living in but had a toilet freeze and bust one February when I spent all my military paycheck chasing hides and couldn't afford to get propane.
A man gotta know his priorities....

When I was a high school kid I wore moms panty hose on a regular basis when I had to feed after school. My football coach put me on to them to wear under your uniform on them cool Friday nights.

Cabella's makes some real thin long underwear made from a silk/wool blend. They are fantastic to wear under jeans on a mild but windy day. The problem is they just don't hold up. They are great to wear at the sale barn or something like that when you are outside some but mostly inside. The silk in them makes them not to hot when indoors. If you can catch them on sale, they are sure worth having a pair.

http://www.cabelas.com/ensemble/Home/Ba ... s/4203.uts

I wear sweat pants and insulated bibs, long sleeve tee shirt, flannel shirt and work jacket down to single digits. Insulated blue jeans restrict me to much. I'm surprised more folks don't wear sweat pants in the south when it's cold. With the clothes you can buy now there's no reason to be cold. My problem is my feet get cold really bad and I haven't found a boot that I can walk in that will keep them warm. I buy foot warmers by the box, I even use them in my slippers inside the house on cold days.

BRYANT":1xl8jwdo said:
TennesseeTuxedo":1xl8jwdo said:
Wrangler makes a good insulated jean. Order a size up from your normal size.
there Is a store in Branson that sell seconds ,most of the time I can't even find what's wrong with them, but you can buy the Wrangler insulated jean at a real good price. If you ever go to Branson I know a lot of people do.

That store is VP Outlet, there is one in Sikeston MO also. Bought a pair of Wrangler lined jeans for 14.99 Saturday.

I went to orscheln farm store the next day and bought a pair of Stanley lined jeans, so I could switch off. The legs on the Stanley jeans are ginormous, my wife being the kind sensitive person she is cracks up laughing when I put them on, says i look ridiculous.told her cows don't laugh....

It was 26 below last night. In cold weather I rely on my 100 percent wool bibs. I can move fairly well in them and if I get wet they stay fairly warm.

TennesseeTuxedo":3gwgtivz said:
Bigfoot":3gwgtivz said:
TennesseeTuxedo":3gwgtivz said:

FedEx and UPS don't miss a beat.

They rescheduled deliveries here today for tomorrow. It's almost like Texas is closed. All the school districts are we just don't know how to drive on snow and ice. The state isn't equipped to handle the road conditions well.

True Grit Farms":2880xqjn said:
I wear sweat pants and insulated bibs, long sleeve tee shirt, flannel shirt and work jacket down to single digits. Insulated blue jeans restrict me to much. I'm surprised more folks don't wear sweat pants in the south when it's cold. With the clothes you can buy now there's no reason to be cold. My problem is my feet get cold really bad and I haven't found a boot that I can walk in that will keep them warm. I buy foot warmers by the box, I even use them in my slippers inside the house on cold days.
don't worry about your feet! Once they go numb you won't even notice there cold! That's how I have done it for years but my employer bought me a nice pair of insulated boots for Christmas this year and I have to admit it's kind of nice to be able to feel your feet at the end of the day! (He knew I am to cheap to buy them for myself :lol: )

Latest posts