Beginning of the end for Wrangler and Lee jeans?

Help Support CattleToday:

greybeard":n8gevvmu said:
HDRider":n8gevvmu said:
I have seen some wide spread yoga pants that got my attention

me too, and 99% of the time, I immediately wished I could permanently erase that image from memory.
well don't go to walmart,or the dollar store...the throwbacks will set you back...

ga.prime":1p2kx5px said:
backhoeboogie":1p2kx5px said:
For years my carharts came with patches on the knees. Patches on the elbows. They stopped that. I've still got some bib overalls from the 80's with factory knee patches. Jackets with the elbow patches are long gone.
When I was growing up my mom would iron on patches when I wore holes in the knees. I hated those things. The glue on the patch would stick to your kneecap where the hole was.
I remember those too. After about the 4th washing, the corners of the patch would start to peel off too.

Those iron on patches are a 'fashion statement' nowadays and people pay good $$ to buy old looking new jeans with patches already ironed on.
Duct tape works just as well but it's adhesive will stick to skin too.

greybeard":3k3ysbnc said:
ga.prime":3k3ysbnc said:
backhoeboogie":3k3ysbnc said:
For years my carharts came with patches on the knees. Patches on the elbows. They stopped that. I've still got some bib overalls from the 80's with factory knee patches. Jackets with the elbow patches are long gone.
When I was growing up my mom would iron on patches when I wore holes in the knees. I hated those things. The glue on the patch would stick to your kneecap where the hole was.
I remember those too. After about the 4th washing, the corners of the patch would start to peel off too.

Those iron on patches are a 'fashion statement' nowadays and people pay good $$ to buy old looking new jeans with patches already ironed on.

I use something called stitch witchery to put patches on pants of the same material. Hated the old type patches that were stiff and didn't stay on very long. Usually use an old pair that is worn out, then cut out a patch from a spot that didn't get much wear. Then I take and machine stitch all the way around the patch so it is permanent like the ones that used to come on the carharts. If you use the same fabric as your pants are, and stitch around a finished edge, then the patch will not feel stiff or rub or "stick" to your knees. We get years out of our clothes this way. I used to do it for several guys who worked on a farm I used to help out part-time on. Single guys would throw them away when they got too badly worn or - more often - torn. For a couple of dollars a pair, I'd fix them and they would save buying new jeans/pants all the time. Or sew the seams when they would come apart, or fix a tear from a barbed wire fence....Sure, they weren't looking good enough for church, but they were a sight better than what the "iron on patches" or other makeshift things done, looked like. I wear mine to the farms I test with no apologies. They are clean, and neatly patched with fabric that matches what they are. I hate looking at people with torn up jeans or knees out, and to layer them over totally different colored boxers or something....UCK. But it is still better than the ones walking around with the pants that have 3 layers of underclothes of some type, and the pants are hanging off their butts.... I have this fantasy of going along behind them and yanking them down and then watching them fall flat on their face when they try to pull them up and run after me..... as I am standing there practically falling over from hysterical laughter....

greybeard":3pgnh79l said:
ga.prime":3pgnh79l said:
backhoeboogie":3pgnh79l said:

My Mother usually just sewed the patch on. A few times she used the iron on patches but she would also sew the edge all the way around so not sure why she used the iron on.

I buy mainly Wrangler and Cinch jeans. Cinch jeans seem to be more comfortable. They are the only two brands I wear. Even in FR clothing I wear theses brands.

greybeard":3orrwt84 said:
JMJ Farms":3orrwt84 said:
greybeard":3orrwt84 said:
me too, and 99% of the time, I immediately wished I could permanently erase that image from memory.

99% of the time? Just where are you looking GB? They can't really be called yoga pants if she weighs over a buck fifty :hide: :lol2:
it just happens...I dunno why........kinda like:
You ever walked the pens and came to a bunch of poor ones and Not looked?
You ever drove by an auto accident and NOT looked?

:lol2: Yes. I have. You have a valid point. :lol2:

ALACOWMAN":1zbjp9i5 said:
greybeard":1zbjp9i5 said:
HDRider":1zbjp9i5 said:
I have seen some wide spread yoga pants that got my attention

well don't go to walmart,or the dollar store...the throwbacks will set you back...

Amen. Wanna real have a setback? I mean to the point that you are scarred for life? Go to a water park. I despise them but my kids like to go. "Tankinis" were invented for a reason :lol2: Never have understood why certain folks think it's ok for them to wear certain things. If you weigh 275 then you don't need a two piece. Dont nobody wanna see that!

The stretchy Wrangler jeans from Walmart are probably the most comfortable that I've worn.

If I time it just right late in spring, I can stock up on a few pairs when they're discounted. For some reason they don't stock them in the summer.

They still only last about 6 months before the crotches tear.

elkwc":1kv32mwr said:
I buy mainly Wrangler and Cinch jeans. Cinch jeans seem to be more comfortable. They are the only two brands I wear. Even in FR clothing I wear theses brands.

My wife bought me a pair of Cinch jeans there nice but there to expensive to wore to work in.

Atimm693":3cxdck70 said:
The stretchy Wrangler jeans from Walmart are probably the most comfortable that I've worn.

If I time it just right late in spring, I can stock up on a few pairs when they're discounted. For some reason they don't stock them in the summer.

They still only last about 6 months before the crotches tear.
To me, those stretchy things are thinner material than the original/regular Wranglers and don't last thru very many washing cycles.

Latest posts