Beginning of the end for Wrangler and Lee jeans?

Help Support CattleToday:

Nesikep":3q3rk0no said:
Agreed that the quality declined about 20 years ago..

Thank you NAFTA.

"Made in Mexico of US materials" - I stare at that tag every time I'm sitting on the throne...

True Grit Farms":11ncjnf6 said:
Talking jeans when it's been 90+ for months. I haven't wore a pair of britches since April.

And I don't own a pair of shorts!

cfpinz":2xtwfr0l said:
True Grit Farms":2xtwfr0l said:
Talking jeans when it's been 90+ for months. I haven't wore a pair of britches since April.

I have a couple pair, but won't wear them off my own property. No one wants to see a fat old man in short pants. Besides that, the glare from my white legs might blind someone.

Rafter S":2bwjl4jl said:
cfpinz":2bwjl4jl said:
True Grit Farms":2bwjl4jl said:

I have a couple pair, but won't wear them off my own property. No one wants to see a fat old man in short pants. Besides that, the glare from my white legs might blind someone.
We, the public, appreciate that too.... :lol:

Lee's fit me best. And I can proudly say I can still fit into the 30x34's that I wore in high school. Of course I'm more comfortable in a 35 inch waist.

This morning it was on our local radio station that VF will selling off the Wrangler and Lee jeans to concentrate more on "casual wear" like North Face and other comfortable casual wear. Guess I better ramp up my perusing at Goodwill..... Maybe Walmart will put them on sale to "get rid of stock" so Might be able to find some there for a not quite so ridiculous price. All of us working farmers, cowboys and cowgirls will soon be in a museum as "extinct" ....

farmerjan":2r43jzuz said:
This morning it was on our local radio station that VF will selling off the Wrangler and Lee jeans to concentrate more on "casual wear" like North Face and other comfortable casual wear. Guess I better ramp up my perusing at Goodwill..... Maybe Walmart will put them on sale to "get rid of stock" so Might be able to find some there for a not quite so ridiculous price. All of us working farmers, cowboys and cowgirls will soon be in a museum as "extinct" ....
Sort of. According to today's news online, The owners, VF, is moving near Denver to pursue their yoga pants thing. Levi/Wrangler will stay in North Carolina and for the short term, will be known as NewCo.
https://myfox8.com/2018/08/13/wrangler- ... ny-coming/
The other company has not yet been named, but is currently referred to as NewCo. This new company will locate in Greensboro. The Wrangler® brand will fall under NewCo and will remain in the Gate City.

As part of this split, NewCo will become the parent of the Lee® brand which will move to Greensboro from Kansas City.

farmerjan":2ndxu84v said:
Well their is always online shopping. Cavenders Boot City I where I ordered the 20X version of Wrangler Jeans for a few years. Now I order Levi's from J C Penny.

snoopdog":lbc3iiwy said:
A dang pair of Lady Lee's is how my wife caught me , a very classic look and fit. I wear wranglers and have for years since the Levi plant here closed , they got expensive and hard to find in my size. I have to dig to find 36 length , and go back and forth between a 34 and 35 waist . I think the 34 waist is on the way out for good , she keeps washing them in hot water .
I sort of have the same problem Snoop....probably help if I could grow an a$$.

greybeard":1sysdsii said:
You (and I) are like bugs. No asx, just a hole in our back.
Plenty of asx eatings in your younger days? I think I used to have one cause I sort of remember days of dragging it around (or so I was told).

farmerjan":10hi20dp said:
I think he is a wrangler person. His problem is getting them long enough...he's 6'6" and long in the back and legs and most places do not keep the longer legs in stock...I think he wears a 35 x 37 ? Most popular length leg here is shorter, like a 34....
I can take them up, but I can't add to them if they are too short. :!: :!:
Can't you just get an extra pair and cut the needed extra length off and sew them to the first pair?

It is Wranglers and Cinch jeans for me. That is for both regular jeans and FR jeans for work. I don't like how the Riggs shirts and jeans fit on me. Cinch isn't as heavy made but cooler in the summer

When we owned a dairy I always wore plain pocket "Rustler" jeans. No idea who made them but they were good little jeans.

TexasBred":2kesgdhe said:
snoopdog":2kesgdhe said:
A dang pair of Lady Lee's is how my wife caught me , a very classic look and fit. I wear wranglers and have for years since the Levi plant here closed , they got expensive and hard to find in my size. I have to dig to find 36 length , and go back and forth between a 34 and 35 waist . I think the 34 waist is on the way out for good , she keeps washing them in hot water .
That time has long since past...nothing but diminishment from here on out...but count on your ears and nose to keep growing...like an old man told Me once, he was in the restroom with his grandson..little boy said, paw paw your pee pee done bout gone :lol:

ALACOWMAN":3ovd60hc said:
TexasBred":3ovd60hc said:
snoopdog":3ovd60hc said:
That time has long since past...nothing but diminishment from here on out...but count on your ears and nose to keep growing...like an old man told Me once, he was in the restroom with his grandson..little boy said, paw paw your pee pee done bout gone :lol:

I thought that the drier was shrinking my pants. It turned out it was the refrigerator that was doing it.

True Grit Farms":3t1fvn71 said:

I bet I haven't put on a pair of long pants 5 times since April. I can see certain jobs where they might be a necessity but I've yet to find anything that I do, that I can't do in Bermuda shorts. Fencing, haying, construction, etc I get just as much done and am much more comfortable doing it. It's hot here. Plus, it'd be a shame to deprive the general public of the daily opportunity to get a glance at these sexy legs of mine.

Dave":cb4nu4dg said:
ALACOWMAN":cb4nu4dg said:
TexasBred":cb4nu4dg said:

I thought that the drier was shrinking my pants. It turned out it was the refrigerator that was doing it.
. I'm getting the furniture disease myself..chest done fell into my drawers..

JMJ Farms":265yxb2j said:
True Grit Farms":265yxb2j said:

I bet I haven't put on a pair of long pants 5 times since April. I can see certain jobs where they might be a necessity but I've yet to find anything that I do, that I can't do in Bermuda shorts. Fencing, haying, construction, etc I get just as much done and am much more comfortable doing it. It's hot here. Plus, it'd be a shame to deprive the general public of the daily opportunity to get a glance at these sexy legs of mine.
Nope .. The only time I'll wear shorts is at the beach.and that's just because, jeans ain't practical :cowboy:

Latest posts