Beginning of the end for Wrangler and Lee jeans?

Help Support CattleToday:

TexasBred":2z9ayepg said:
When we owned a dairy I always wore plain pocket "Rustler" jeans. No idea who made them but they were good little jeans.
Rustler jeans and shirt were and still are a Wrangler product--or at least, a product of the company that owns Wrangler..
They are the econo version...not as heavy as their ProRodeo brand.

Anyone remember these? Little comic type books,each one telling a true story of PRCA and before.
There was one tied on a belt loop of every pair of Wrangler jeans in the 50s and early 60s.

Ky hills":108ymok9 said:
Lucky":108ymok9 said:
I needed some jeans the other day so I ran up to the local feed/hardware store to get a few pair of wranglers. Holy cow all they have is fancy pocket jeans anymore, some of the wranglers even had the stretchy material like women's jeans. I like wranglers I can get a year out of a pair even though the wife says they too dirty looking after 6 months. Maybe they'll sell to a company still oriented towards work jeans. The company I'm most disappointed in lately is Carhartt.

Agree with you about Carhartt. Used to wear that kind for several years then they just seemed to stop fitting right for me. Apparently they changed the style to more low cut around the waist. So then I switched to Wrangers.

I've still got Carhartt bibs from the mid 80's. They came with patches on the knees back then. Jackets had elbow patches too. Very good quality back in the day.

JMJ Farms":2frycg2w said:
True Grit Farms":2frycg2w said:
Talking jeans when it's been 90+ for months. I haven't wore a pair of britches since April.

I bet I haven't put on a pair of long pants 5 times since April. I can see certain jobs where they might be a necessity but I've yet to find anything that I do, that I can't do in Bermuda shorts. Fencing, haying, construction, etc I get just as much done and am much more comfortable doing it. It's hot here. Plus, it'd be a shame to deprive the general public of the daily opportunity to get a glance at these sexy legs of mine.
Please tell me that you don't wear crocs with your shorts. :lol: :lol2: :hide:

TexasBred":3f6o7j5s said:
JMJ Farms":3f6o7j5s said:
True Grit Farms":3f6o7j5s said:
Talking jeans when it's been 90+ for months. I haven't wore a pair of britches since April.

I bet I haven't put on a pair of long pants 5 times since April. I can see certain jobs where they might be a necessity but I've yet to find anything that I do, that I can't do in Bermuda shorts. Fencing, haying, construction, etc I get just as much done and am much more comfortable doing it. It's hot here. Plus, it'd be a shame to deprive the general public of the daily opportunity to get a glance at these sexy legs of mine.
I can't do that, but I can tell you that wearing socks with crocs is a good idea when it's below 60.

'VF company will be closing all Dickies MFG in America and will move to Mexico and Ecuador.'

As far as I'm concerned, they can quit selling the Dickies altogether.

True Grit Farms":suh2wyrs said:
TexasBred":suh2wyrs said:
JMJ Farms":suh2wyrs said:
I can't do that, but I can tell you that wearing socks with crocs is a good idea when it's below 60.

Most days I do TB! With low cut ankle socks. When fall rolls around I will keep wearing the shorts but swap over to boots. I ain't got nobody to impress. Who knows, may start a new fashion fad :lol2:

JMJ Farms":exxr9q22 said:
True Grit Farms":exxr9q22 said:
TexasBred":exxr9q22 said:

Most days I do TB! With low cut ankle socks. When fall rolls around I will keep wearing the shorts but swap over to boots. I ain't got nobody to impress. Who knows, may start a new fashion fad :lol2:
:lol2: :lol2: Uh oh....now we'll all be waiting on pics. :nod: JMJ at church Sunday we had a fella there went down for communion. He was wearing shorts, a long sleeve white starched and ironed shirt and tennis shoes with no socks. On the way out he reached and got his straw cowboy hat off the rack and socked it on. :lol: :lol:

TexasBred":txutt02u said:
JMJ Farms":txutt02u said:
:lol2: :lol2: Uh oh....now we'll all be waiting on pics. :nod: JMJ at church Sunday we had a fella there went down for communion. He was wearing shorts, a long sleeve white starched and ironed shirt and tennis shoes with no socks. On the way out he reached and got his straw cowboy hat off the rack and socked it on. :lol: :lol:

:lol2: Reminds me of this old story TB.

One Sunday morning, an old cowboy entered a church just before services were to begin. Although the old man and his clothes were spotlessly clean, he wore jeans, a denim shirt and boots that were worn and ragged. In his hand he carried a worn-out old hat and an equally worn, dog-eared Bible.

The church he entered was in a very upscale and exclusive part of the city. It was the largest and most beautiful church the old cowboy had ever seen. The people of the congregation were all dressed with expensive clothes and fine jewelry. As the cowboy took a seat, the others moved away from him. No one greeted, spoke to, or welcomed him. They were all appalled by his appearance and did not attempt to hide it.

As the old cowboy was leaving the church, the preacher approached him and asked the cowboy to do him a favor. "Before you come back in here again, have a talk with God and ask him what he thinks would be appropriate attire for worship in church." The old cowboy assured the preacher he would.

The next Sunday, he showed back up for the services wearing the same ragged jeans, shirt, boots, and hat. Once again he was completely shunned and ignored. The preacher approached the cowboy and said, "I thought I asked you to speak to God before you came back to our church."

"I did," replied the old cowboy.

"And what was his reply?" asked the preacher.

"Well, sir, God told me that he didn't have a clue what I should wear. He said he'd never been in this church."

JMJ Farms":1druemu2 said:
TexasBred":1druemu2 said:
JMJ Farms":1druemu2 said:

:lol2: Reminds me of this old story TB.

One Sunday morning, an old cowboy entered a church just before services were to begin. Although the old man and his clothes were spotlessly clean, he wore jeans, a denim shirt and boots that were worn and ragged. In his hand he carried a worn-out old hat and an equally worn, dog-eared Bible.

The church he entered was in a very upscale and exclusive part of the city. It was the largest and most beautiful church the old cowboy had ever seen. The people of the congregation were all dressed with expensive clothes and fine jewelry. As the cowboy took a seat, the others moved away from him. No one greeted, spoke to, or welcomed him. They were all appalled by his appearance and did not attempt to hide it.

As the old cowboy was leaving the church, the preacher approached him and asked the cowboy to do him a favor. "Before you come back in here again, have a talk with God and ask him what he thinks would be appropriate attire for worship in church." The old cowboy assured the preacher he would.

The next Sunday, he showed back up for the services wearing the same ragged jeans, shirt, boots, and hat. Once again he was completely shunned and ignored. The preacher approached the cowboy and said, "I thought I asked you to speak to God before you came back to our church."

"I did," replied the old cowboy.

"And what was his reply?" asked the preacher.

"Well, sir, God told me that he didn't have a clue what I should wear. He said he'd never been in this church."
I get your point. But I know this man and he's a multi-millionaire, usually wears jeans with a crease that will slice bread and ostrich skin boots. Just didn't seem quite right. BTW he just spent $3.5 million on a new football field, 8 lane track, dressing rooms and picnic pavilion for the church's school.

ALACOWMAN":10gkyinc said:
Nesikep":10gkyinc said:
Agreed that the quality declined about 20 years ago.. Wranglers used to have a unique weave to them, a kinda 3 way weave that didn't let tears spread.. then they went to a conventional weave and they aren't any more durable than any other, and since I couldn't care less about the brand for the sake of being stylish, I will wear $10 jeans if the cut is comfortable...
One of my biggest problems is they never have my size in stock, 31x32 is perfect for me, 30 or 32 waist works too.. They always seem to stock plenty of 54x24 and 26x40 though.
I did get into wrangler originally for the trend..but found they were more comfortable then Levi's ...don't seem to be as tough and durable as Levi's but a heck of a lot better for comfort ...those Levi nut crushers didn't give much when your tying down a calf :cowboy:
nice sharing!!

Ky hills":1p2frw3k said:
Lucky":1p2frw3k said:
I needed some jeans the other day so I ran up to the local feed/hardware store to get a few pair of wranglers. Holy cow all they have is fancy pocket jeans anymore, some of the wranglers even had the stretchy material like women's jeans. I like wranglers I can get a year out of a pair even though the wife says they too dirty looking after 6 months. Maybe they'll sell to a company still oriented towards work jeans. The company I'm most disappointed in lately is Carhartt.

Agree with you about Carhartt. Used to wear that kind for several years then they just seemed to stop fitting right for me. Apparently they changed the style to more low cut around the waist. So then I switched to Wrangers.

For years my carharts came with patches on the knees. Patches on the elbows. They stopped that. I've still got some bib overalls from the 80's with factory knee patches. Jackets with the elbow patches are long gone.

HDRider":2pc4w3g0 said:
I have seen some wide spread yoga pants that got my attention

me too, and 99% of the time, I immediately wished I could permanently erase that image from memory.

If you want some Jean yoga pants, I got a couple pairs of Levi flex jeans. Got latex weaved into it. Perfect for any day you are going to be doing lots of climbing up and down out of the tractor.

greybeard":2aq8wt3k said:
HDRider":2aq8wt3k said:

me too, and 99% of the time, I immediately wished I could permanently erase that image from memory.

99% of the time? Just where are you looking GB? They can't really be called yoga pants if she weighs over a buck fifty :hide: :lol2:

JMJ Farms":17edlcgc said:
greybeard":17edlcgc said:
HDRider":17edlcgc said:

99% of the time? Just where are you looking GB? They can't really be called yoga pants if she weighs over a buck fifty :hide: :lol2:
99% of the time they clock in over a deuce! And yet still insist on referring to them as yoga pants. :shock:

TCRanch":10fxdpjq said:
JMJ Farms":10fxdpjq said:

99% of the time they clock in over a deuce! And yet still insist on referring to them as yoga pants. :shock:[/quote]

At some point, they cease to be yoga pants and become sausage casings :help:

JMJ Farms":flchcl4c said:
greybeard":flchcl4c said:
HDRider":flchcl4c said:

it just happens...I dunno why........kinda like:
You ever walked the pens and came to a bunch of poor ones and Not looked?
You ever drove by an auto accident and NOT looked?

backhoeboogie":1ww3msvm said:
For years my carharts came with patches on the knees. Patches on the elbows. They stopped that. I've still got some bib overalls from the 80's with factory knee patches. Jackets with the elbow patches are long gone.
When I was growing up my mom would iron on patches when I wore holes in the knees. I hated those things. The glue on the patch would stick to your kneecap where the hole was.

Latest posts