Blue Christmas ?

Help Support CattleToday:

Bright Raven said:
alisonb said:
I believe it takes a person who has undergone a little mental evolution to understand what depression entails.

Very logical.

It was an interesting coincidence that last evening a lady took up the lion's share of the evening talking about her sister who is married to a man with mental dysfunction. He is under the care of a psychiatrist but his problems persist. Just dealing with him has resulted in her sister needing a psychiatrist.

My son works in drug development and approval. He gave a thumbnail sketch of how they are using protein compounds that are administered to target specific alleles that are tagged as known causes of specific mental maladies. The componds insert themselves in place of the undesirable alleles and thus suppress the mental illness symptoms caused by the defective genes

So the phsychiatrist isn't working out.?

Redgully said:
Bright Raven said:
alisonb said:
I believe it takes a person who has undergone a little mental evolution to understand what depression entails.

Very logical.

It was an interesting coincidence that last evening a lady took up the lion's share of the evening talking about her sister who is married to a man with mental dysfunction. He is under the care of a psychiatrist but his problems persist. Just dealing with him has resulted in her sister needing a psychiatrist.

My son works in drug development and approval. He gave a thumbnail sketch of how they are using protein compounds that are administered to target specific alleles that are tagged as known causes of specific mental maladies. The componds insert themselves in place of the undesirable alleles and thus suppress the mental illness symptoms caused by the defective genes

Would this be something that could be applied to autism?

IDK. It was a revelation to me that they are able to synthesize protein in sequences that basically cover up the defective genes. The future could hold a lot of wonderful cures - rather than just treating the symptoms like most of the pills do today.

callmefence said:
Bright Raven said:
alisonb said:

Very logical.

Nope. The husband lies and ignores all the recommendations the psychiatrist makes. The psychiatrist for the wife told her to dump him - that was probably the best recommendation she gave the wife. My conclusion - the problem is the wife failing to take action. Obviously, only she knows what she fears but if it were me, I would send that guy down the road. BTW: the wife is a MD. She supports her husband. He doesn't work and even refuses to babysit the kids. Some of the points you made are correct. At some point, you got to kick that bum out and let nature take its course.

Bright Raven said:
callmefence said:
Bright Raven said:
Very logical.

Nope. The husband lies and ignores all the recommendations the psychiatrist makes. The psychiatrist for the wife told her to dump him - that was probably the best recommendation she gave the wife. My conclusion - the problem is the wife failing to take action. Obviously, only she knows what she fears but if it were me, I would send that guy down the road. BTW: the wife is a MD. She supports her husband. He doesn't work and even refuses to babysit the kids. Some of the points you made are correct. At some point, you got to kick that bum out and let nature take its course.

Maybe the psychiatrist isn't mentally evolved.

TennesseeTuxedo said:
Nesikep said:
Somewhere there's a line between upholding your wedding vows and telling someone to go pound sand..

Voice of experience or do you just read a lot?
Neither, it's just logic.. if people in your life are making you miserable, at some point it's time to cut ties.. and I do have experience with such people, just never married them

Latest posts