Merry Christmas!

Help Support CattleToday:

Merry Christmas everyone.

Doesn't hardly feel like Christmas here. No snow and 45 degrees just isn't normal for here. Last year we had -40 wind chills and got over 48" of snow with 10' drifts over Xmas, this year it's supposed to rain.
Off topic but how do you manage the cows differently with mud vs 4ft of snow. Hard to plan ahead i guess.

Off topic but how do you manage the cows differently with mud vs 4ft of snow. Hard to plan ahead i guess.

My mud strategy is unroll hay over vast areas and rotate them. Feed hay on a couple hundred acres and no one place gets too muddy except for gate openings.

In typical winter with deep snow feeding one day to the next I only move over 1 tractor width, keeping one set of tires in yesterday's tire tracks.

My mud strategy is unroll hay over vast areas and rotate them. Feed hay on a couple hundred acres and no one place gets too muddy except for gate openings.

In typical winter with deep snow feeding one day to the next I only move over 1 tractor width, keeping one set of tires in yesterday's tire tracks.
So in some ways easier if its frozen and snow?