Christmas

Help Support CattleToday:

Merry Christmas to you @papavillars ... and to everyone else on here and your families...
Definitely NO SNOW here... the 3 inches we had is long gone and it is staying right at 30-34 at night and days are in the upper 50's... have some serious rain coming in Monday night for 2-3 days... We need the moisture, I am not going to complain...

It is 74 right now, so no chance of snow , thank God! This weather pattern is gonna stick around through most of the next week. I like that for the kids getting bicycles, mini bikes, ,4-wheelers etc. Seems like when I was little, and had gotten a pony or motorcycle for Christmas, we'd have cold, rainy, miserable weather. The years I didn't get something like that, we'd have a Christmas like this one....sunny and shirt sleeve weather. For many years, I would start at midnight Christmas Eve, delivering ponies, but I bet it has been 15 years since I have even heard of anyone around here getting a pony for Christmas.

Merry Christmas y'all.
No snow here either thankfully. We had a little skiff of snow a few days ago, most of it was gone a little later, but a few shaded places hung on till the next day or so.
56 and looking like rain right now, tomorrow supposed to be in the 60's and partly sunny.

It is 74 right now, so no chance of snow , thank God! This weather pattern is gonna stick around through most of the next week. I like that for the kids getting bicycles, mini bikes, ,4-wheelers etc. Seems like when I was little, and had gotten a pony or motorcycle for Christmas, we'd have cold, rainy, miserable weather. The years I didn't get something like that, we'd have a Christmas like this one....sunny and shirt sleeve weather. For many years, I would start at midnight Christmas Eve, delivering ponies, but I bet it has been 15 years since I have even heard of anyone around here getting a pony for Christmas.
Tough to beat delivering a pony to a kid while dressed in a Santa suit!!

My friends figured me for a sucker, hah jokes on them I loved every delivery.

Last edited:
Merry Christmas! Scary part is that your part of Alabama and my part of Wisconsin has the same weather forecast, just 5 degrees cooler here. We should be having a snowstorm but we're getting 1.5" of rain instead. I have NEVER been able to leave a hose out on a float this time of year but started it yesterday so the pen with the heated waterer won't turn into a quagmire before it freezes up again. And I expect to leave it there until Wednesday night. Most years it would freeze solid as soon as the tank filled.

Merry Christmas to all of you.

Thank you for all your input and help and discussions!

No snow here, just a light skiff which doesn't cover anything. They say it's the first time in a 100 years we had no snow on Christmas. Exceptionally warm too. Around 0 Celsius during the day, right now -10 Celsius in the am.
Kid (28) is coming out today until tomorrow for Christmas. Don't see each other enough, so I will enjoy it a lot.

Latest posts