Merry Xmas

Help Support CattleToday:

A strange Christmas here, but good as well. For the 1st time in 27 years together, wife and I put up no decorations and no Christmas tree as all that is packed away to move.

and...

wife came down sick yesterday with flu/covid like symptoms so we are in self imposed home quarantine and as a precaution of course, we didn't attend the family dinner today. No where to get tested until monday either.
(I feel fine myself but she is miserable. Terrible headache and a fever. I have had the booster/she has not)
So, since I had already thawed out a bunch of cube steak/cfs to take as my contribution to the family gathering, , I cooked them early last night and cooked a small gazed ham today and here we are eating at home. This too shall pass.

I've had much much worse Christmas Days tho.

Merry Christmas. It got to the low 40's here. Not a bit of snow on the ground today, although we got barely a dusting last night; it did not stay around long.

It was cloudy, and windy here today, temps hit 66. Agree that it is easy on the heating bill.... Nice quiet day, no animal disasters, no other problems.

Hope that your wife feels better @greybeard and that it is only a flu type bug, and that you don't get it. How soon are you moving?

Our day was good with family for breakfast and lunch. Stinking hot, touch over 42c (107f) got home in afternoon and power out, didn't come on until 2:30pm today (boxing day) and it was a very hot night. Got to 43c (110f) today so a bit unpleasant. Apart from dogs having a tangle with a dugite snake and we had to observe for next three hours incase of a bite, which they were fine, everone human and animal behaved.

A strange Christmas here, but good as well. For the 1st time in 27 years together, wife and I put up no decorations and no Christmas tree as all that is packed away to move.

and...

wife came down sick yesterday with flu/covid like symptoms so we are in self imposed home quarantine and as a precaution of course, we didn't attend the family dinner today. No where to get tested until monday either.
(I feel fine myself but she is miserable. Terrible headache and a fever. I have had the booster/she has not)
So, since I had already thawed out a bunch of cube steak/cfs to take as my contribution to the family gathering, , I cooked them early last night and cooked a small gazed ham today and here we are eating at home. This too shall pass.

I'm sorry to hear about your wife. I wish her a speedy recovery!

and...

Are yall feeling any better??

I missed all this I was having to much fun apparently forgot to mess with ya'll yesterday. 😝 Nope I think I did for a minute. It got up in the 70s here, was a good Christmas. We did out Christmas stuff than played outside.
We were supposed to go to my Mawz Christmas eve apparently I got her sick. 😆🤣😂💀🤡 I lost my voice for a week last of November first of December. My mom got sick fever, chills, headache, body ache. Ect December 13. Now my brother's, sister, and rest the family all sick and it's my fault. Weird now I didn't have them symptoms. I just laughed people are silly. They all been around all kinds of people yet I'm the one to blame. Haha good stuff.
Update on my step brother... guess he is magical all better a miracle... I have no idea what the truth is. Either my step sister and cousin was lying about how bad he was or misinformed. I saw on the news he was arrested. Guess he is a walking miracle!!! 🙄 I'd bet more on my step sister and cousin being heartless, self centered, lairs (nicely putting it) ...your welcome to pray for them of you like.
Remember me saying how she was taking my mom to court for everything she owns. Maybe I have a funny way of seeing things. I don't feel I'm entitled to anything. I don't expect my parents (mother, my dad has pass on) to leave me anything. I'm not entitled to anything they have. I won't hardly even go to my mother's house. I don't ask her for nothing. She doesn't watch my children. That isn't her job, note I said my children.... that means I had them I should raise them . Not drop them off to go party, date night, vacation, or what have you.
Got side tracked as normal. Haha hope everybody had a wonderful Christmas and has a happy new year. I'm about to turn to a pumpkin. 🎃

and...

How is she Greybeard? I hope she is feeling at least some better.

I think my family is trying to kill me. Everyone that comes leaves all this food that is no good for me and it is going to take at least another week to eat it.

Ken
Same here, if it is not around me, especially sweets, I don't eat it. I have ate the left over sweets for 3 days now and feel terrible from the sugar overload. It is just about gone thank goodness.

Christmas was uneventful albeit dinner a two person masterpiece! Lots of cousins living on all sides but the kids are in Colorado,
Alabama and New Mexico. Hers are in South Carolina and Missouri. I am just glad it did not snow even though we are dreadfully
short of moisture. I just found out last night that the song Oh Holy Night (which I dearly love) was written by a French atheist
and the music composed by a Jew. It also takes a 5 octave range to sing successfully. I guess this was brought to my attention
by a higher power to remind me that good things can come from where one least expects it.

Christmas was uneventful albeit dinner a two person masterpiece! Lots of cousins living on all sides but the kids are in Colorado,
Alabama and New Mexico. Hers are in South Carolina and Missouri. I am just glad it did not snow even though we are dreadfully
short of moisture. I just found out last night that the song Oh Holy Night (which I dearly love) was written by a French atheist
and the music composed by a Jew. It also takes a 5 octave range to sing successfully. I guess this was brought to my attention
by a higher power to remind me that good things can come from where one least expects it.
Interesting. I had to Google that.

Wife is doing much better. Headache and fever are gone and that was the worst of it. 27 years we've been together and this is by far the sickest I've ever seen her and she''s been thru a lot in that time. When you're too sick and hurting to even make it to the car to go to Dr, you're pretty sick.

She threw me out of the bedroom and into the upstairs bedroom Christmas eve and had me spray the whole place down with lysol, and she insisted we both wear a mask if I had to go in to check on her.

We were tested today and mine came back negative, but hers was inconclusive which means it was:
1. Very early in the infection (not likely)
2. Late in the infection (possible)
3. Didn't get a good sample on the swab.
4. Because she had used a nasal inhaler just before our turn to drive up for the swabbing. Some over-the-counter stuff she takes when pollen starts swirling around.
She'll re-test in a day or 2.

Hope gcreekrch gets better quick!

Latest posts