Christmas Cards

Help Support CattleToday:

Reaction score
I'm doing some domestic chores this morning (this is a good way to procrastinate). There were several Xmas cards from friends and family in the mail from this past week.

I'm curious how many people still send Xmas cards?

I'm a single guy, my house is very much a bachelor pad, but I still put them all on my fridge, take a pic, and text a thank you to the people when they send them. After the new year they all go in a box on top of the fridge. I have every Xmas card, save the date, etc I've probably ever gotten in that box.

If you do this... keep it up and teach your kids to do it. People come in my house for parties or what ever and always check my fridge to see what's going on. 😄 It's such a simple but neat deal that is getting lost now days to technology.

You're a big ole sap!
I'm a sap that way too. I save all cards and letters. My wife hated it when we married because I still have all "love letters" from girlfriends before her.
Now, she can read them and laugh at how corny they are, although I think she snoops in there from time to time to see if there are any recent ones.

You're a big ole sap!
I'm a sap that way too. I save all cards and letters. My wife hated it when we married because I still have all "love letters" from girlfriends before her.
Now, she can read them and laugh at how corny they are, although I think she snoops in there from time to time to see if there are any recent ones.
I remember finding stuff like that in my grandparents house and how cool it was. Maybe some one will find my box one day.

I remember finding stuff like that in my grandparents house and how cool it was. Maybe some one will find my box one day.
You are ate up with it!
My grandmother gave me my granddads foot locker when he died. Among many treasures they both saved while he was serving overseas, are dozens of letters they exchanged.
The artful cursive writing and the way they wrote is lost today. That's why I keep them.

I still do cards but don't include the "year in review". Most already know and I write a couple lines to ones we don't keep in touch very often.

I don't save all the Christmas cards we get, but I have every card, note or letter Mr TC has given or sent me. Sappy, much?

My wife sends out at least 50. They are all over the door, top of the fireplace and some on the table that came in the mail the last few days.

mb8fliV.jpg

I used to send out quite a few, 15 or so. As the kids grew and things got busier, I decided to only send cards to those that sent us cards. I'm down to one per year.

I'm doing some domestic chores this morning (this is a good way to procrastinate). There were several Xmas cards from friends and family in the mail from this past week.

I'm curious how many people still send Xmas cards?

I'm a single guy, my house is very much a bachelor pad, but I still put them all on my fridge, take a pic, and text a thank you to the people when they send them. After the new year they all go in a box on top of the fridge. I have every Xmas card, save the date, etc I've probably ever gotten in that box.

If you do this... keep it up and teach your kids to do it. People come in my house for parties or what ever and always check my fridge to see what's going on. 😄 It's such a simple but neat deal that is getting lost now days to technology.
Yeh Brute but you are letting the team down by taking a photo of it and texting the thankyou.
I have one card sitting on my desk from a young lady.

Ken

We used to send out stacks of Christmas cards. Over the years the number has dwindled to around 20 or so now. I thought it was a dying tradition too. This thread makes me realize it isn't dead yet! It's always been a tradition to send them out the day before Thanksgiving so they are delivered first thing after thanksgiving. Seems people really like that and now it's "expected". If they are "late" people get worried about us. 😂

Yeh Brute but you are letting the team down by taking a photo of it and texting the thankyou.
I have one card sitting on my desk from a young lady.

Ken
I am guilty if not sending them myself.

In my defense, it's all the wives sending them out and getting one from a single guy seems odd. I don't think a bunch of married couples want to see a collage of me doing what I want... when I want... all the time. 🤣

In my defense, it's all the wives sending them out and getting one from a single guy seems odd. I don't think a bunch of married couples want to see a collage of me doing what I want... when I want... all the time. 🤣
Lovely excuse but we get them from singe men soooooooo.......... ;) I do see your point however 😂

I can relate to that. Even though I'm married I live like a single guy even though my wife is here for most of the time until she gets sick of me then heads back to her house in Brisbane for a few days.

Ken