Sports cards?

Help Support CattleToday:

fnfarms1

Reaction score
I have always liked football. Been a Chiefs fan since I was 5 probably, Joe Montana was my player. So when he got traded to the Chiefs, I was in heaven. This year I was with the family at the mall, trust me not my favorite place. It get one spot above Walmart for me, at least there's few things to look at I like. We were in a sports store and they had card packs of football cards I was flipping through and one had a Montana card, made my comment to the wife. Put it back and moved on. Apparently Santa slipped it in my stocking this year along with my usual roll of chew etc. Curiosity got me so I looked up the value. Says it's his rookie card Topps #216. According to these sites it's worth $200-$50000. This has started me going down memory lane in my old cards plus some my sister gave me years ago as kids, basketball, baseball etc.
I've got Michael Jordan's both baseball and basketball worth 60-300 each, Barkley, Shaq, Larry Bird, Bo Jackson, Nolan Ryan's, Karl Malones, Dan Marino, Montanas, Jerry Rice, etc etc. totals about $4500 worth depending condition etc. so how and where would I go about selling these things?

Oldest step kid who's been into this Pokeman crap tells me you got to get them graded to pull the real money. There's some place grades them for $18 each etc, takes months. I'm ok with that but anyone ever deal with cards? With modern video games I don't think cards are popular much anymore etc the rare ones and in certain circles.

Cards that are worth money are also the most commonly forged/reproductions.
One of the best things about having them graded for novice collectors is that they are also authenticated. There is a surprising number of 'fakes' out there.

Cards that are worth money are also the most commonly forged/reproductions.
One of the best things about having them graded for novice collectors is that they are also authenticated. There is a surprising number of 'fakes' out there.
Agreed. I am no expert of much of anything, cards being no exception.

For some reason, when I see sports cards mentioned, all I can think of is a younger Lauren Holley and a mint Ted Williams card.....................