IF You had to buy a new Tractor....

Help Support CattleToday:

flaboy":fpqgjv5f said:
rattler":fpqgjv5f said:
flaboy have you looked at the MF 500 series yet?They are nice! i like them better then the 400 serie's.

rattler

Yeah, I have seen them. They are pretty nice. I really need another mid-size one so I can get rid of a couple of my old ones that are about shot. The economy being what it is will cause me to hold off and do with what I have for a while longer.

I have owned a bunch of MF's and they have always treated me right. The problem is no dealers close by and if I have a problem I have to load them up and haul them to the dealer if in warranty. There is a Deere dealer much closer. Then of course the MF's are so reliable it probably wouldn't have to go back anyway. ;-)[/quote]

Same situation here and I agree totally. Know one local that is in his mid 70's, used to run the local MF dealership back in the 60's and 70's. He has an MF 135 with over 35,000 hours on it. They still use it to do a bit of plowing now and then.

I am not sure what Tractor I would buy. I have heard lots of good comments about the MF. However I would have to hear good things about the dealer as well. My Kubota serves my needs well. I just am not pleased with the local Kubota tractor dealer. Tom :cboy:

6430 J. D. just got it last week also have 5525 that is 2 years old and is 75 h.p. and is a very nice tractor.

I've got a Long 2460 that leaks fuel and fluid to the point that the EPA folks would probably quarantine my farm if they looked under that tractor while it is parked. Other owners have said the same about the Longs. However, it does what I ask it to do, so no complaints there. The local Long dealer has changed over to Kubota. Lot of Mahindras popping up here, too, since we have a dealer close by. We used one last week with our FFA Safe Tractor Driving Contest (35 HP) and sounded like a sewing machine. I drove it and it handled smoothly and seemed to be constructed well. It was one of the first ones Mahindra began selling here in the States

I'm in this boat currently. I have a couple of old trade in's. Nothing really wrong with them, they are just older tractors, but they dont' have 1.) a cab 2.) front wheel assist 3.) a loader.

One of my old tractors is a David Brown Case 1410. You wouldn't believe the nuber of people who crinkled their nose when I said "David Brown" Apparently we have something against the english. It's about an 80 horse tractor.

The other old trade in I have is a 930 Case. It has been restored with all new paint, and decals. It's a very nice tractor too. Both tractors have brand new rubber on them. But the problem with them was I wasn't using them 6 months out of the year. I wanted something for year round use, and something I could get around in a muddy/frozen cow lot during the winter to feed. (plus, getting rid of two, for one, means one less set of tires, one less oil change, one less battery to maintain, etc.)

My farm has lots of different color paint, so I looked at a lot of differnt brands, and I settled with a new case. (it's actually going to be a "Farmall" I'm told) It will be a JX 90 and the local case dealer offered me trade in values on my old tractors I just couldn't pass up. The difference will be about 28 grand.

The JohnDeere come in a close second. I was really supprised it was as competatively priced as it was. It was only about 8 grand more. But I'm not made of money, and 8 grand is 8 grand. :shock:

But what really supprised me the most is that most of the tractors were all about the same price for the options I was looking for. (80 horse, front wheel assist, cab, loader) Nearly every color of paint was around 45 grand for that size of tractor. (even wierd off color brands, like Landini, and Mehindra.)

Well, I'm cool with a new Farmall.... I have an old Farmall Cub that needs the company. LOL

Latest posts