IF You had to buy a new Tractor....

Help Support CattleToday:

cfpinz":2g69znnh said:
All this talk of looking into new tractors raises an intriguing question:

"Am I the only poor person here?"

cftightwad

NO YOU ARE NOT!

I have come to realization that I spend way too much time fixing. Time I could better use doing other chores or maybe doing some fun stuff.

Nowland Farms":252kk1eq said:
This may rile up some of you diehard green tractor fans but -----Dosen't all those new Green JD tractors under 100hp now use the Mahindra Engines?

If so, all you are really buying is green paint and an old reputation that may no longer apply to the new products.

:shock:

Nope.

John Deere and Kubota are of the few tractor manufacturers that build their own engines.

They use Yanmars in the very small tractors but their own in most of the rest.

MikeC":12d8w954 said:
Nowland Farms":12d8w954 said:
This may rile up some of you diehard green tractor fans but -----Dosen't all those new Green JD tractors under 100hp now use the Mahindra Engines?

If so, all you are really buying is green paint and an old reputation that may no longer apply to the new products.

Nope.

John Deere and Kubota are of the few tractor manufacturers that build their own engines.

:roll: John Deere may make most of there engines, but the 74 HP 5403 is made in Pune India. (This is from the Deere web site)

tractor make an model are up the the person buying.the big name tractors cost alot new.so you have to decide what you want in your tractor.such as 4wd drive cab loader shuttle trans.

KenB":kwwi2211 said:
MikeC":kwwi2211 said:
Nowland Farms":kwwi2211 said:

Nope.

:roll: John Deere may make most of there engines, but the 74 HP 5403 is made in Pune India. (This is from the Deere web site)

It has a JD powertech engine.......wherever it is made. Built by JD. :lol:

He asked about all JD's under 100 HP using MAHINDRA engines.

cfpinz":3e9cojr3 said:

cftightwad
Absolutely not. My newest tractor is an 83 and I'm dadgum lucky to have that.

Larry

Nowland Farms":2kp26vzz said:

WRONG, and i am not a Deere fan.

larryshoat":341ylbqi said:

Larry

How old is that 4020 on page 3 I posted.

Sure am glad we payed it off ...sometime back.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Wewild":33wet00x said:
larryshoat":33wet00x said:

Larry

are we poor too...newest tractor is 1970...1070 case.
tractor used daily 3020 JD with dual loader..1960 something. Major hydraulic repairs that we had to fight JD to do cause they messed up...in the end they fixed and paid...husband wished for red...dream
oldest working tractor 1950 something... three of them

rockridgecattle":2fr4d960 said:
Wewild":2fr4d960 said:
larryshoat":2fr4d960 said:

Larry

are we poor too...newest tractor is 1970...1070 case.
tractor used daily 3020 JD with dual loader..1960 something. Major hydraulic repairs that we had to fight JD to do cause they messed up...in the end they fixed and paid...husband wished for red...dream

I missed where I claimed anyone was poor.

Help me out some please.

If I missed the question...... no one is poor if they got love.

rockridgecattle":2ls1psqj said:
cfpinz":2ls1psqj said:

cftightwad

I am slow and still don't understand.

See you on the morrow.

Wewild":xnbcha69 said:
larryshoat":xnbcha69 said:

Larry

Yea, we got an old 4010 and a4020 and they work every day. Like yours the lack of a payment is nice too. :D

Larry

At least with the older models,if they had fuel and compression,they just about had to run and you could fix a lot of stuff yourself.Now,you have to be a commputer whiz to figure out what isn't working.For years Ford and the rest had a lever to engage the PTO.Some still do,but my 6640 has an electric/hydraulic engaging system that went out last summer.After putting on parts and finally atrip to the dealer we got oit going.A wire had stripped bare and was grounding out.All together, about$900 for a bare wire and several weeks lost use in hay season.Don't get me started on my cousins John Deere 6200.

That's one of the things that has been making me look at the Massey Ferguson 500 series, Not a lot of electronics on it. It's just a plain tractor at a reasonable price.

Florida cattle":120lpya0 said:
That's one of the things that has been making me look at the Massey Ferguson 500 series, Not a lot of electronics on it. It's just a plain tractor at a reasonable price.

I am pretty sure all the MF's have gone to electronic injection systems now. Gone are the days of having just fuel and compression to make them run.

flaboy they do have electric fuel systems but thats on every tractor I know of now, but I don't hear of people have that much problem with the fuel system electronics. It is all the other electronics on the tractors I hear about having problems.

Angus/Brangus":3mmqgjhm said:
We still have a MF 175 1974 model somewhere in the family and it still runs. It's missing a lot of parts - out in the fields -but it starts right up - Perkins diesel. Air always gets in the fuel line (on this specific tractor) and you have to bleed it out at the injector. Nothing like a fine mist of diesel cologne on your clothes :lol:

I have that same problem when I run one out of fuel. I just did it for my second time.

Not saying thats what you did.

Merry Christmas And a happy New Year.

mtncows":19n3gua4 said:
cfpinz":19n3gua4 said:

cftightwad
NO! Newest is a'94 model

me too.. I just bought my "newest" tractor and its an 82 JD ...

Latest posts