IF You had to buy a new Tractor....

Help Support CattleToday:

I would buy a Kubota.
The main reason is the tight turning radius (bevel gear vs u-joint)
;-) I think I will just keep my old IH 684 4 WD.

Crowder,

'bout a year ago we made this same decision. We bought a Kubota 7040, 4 wheel drive, cab and Kubota front loader. We like it/ it has the shuttle shift trans where you don't have to clutch to change from forward to reverse.

Only other things I might consider would be the cast rear wheels and maybe the self leveling loader.

Glad I bought a JD last time I bought a new tractor.

Fuel savings on the JD engine is great, dealer service is great, and the tractor performs exactly as expected and maybe better.

Price was in the ball park with all the rest and the resale value is holding well.

As of right now I would buy another JD.

Bought a new Kubota a few years back. It was a good tractor but a little lightweight for the job. I would probably buy a Kubota if I need a small tractor.

Recently bought my first new tractor which is my first tractor and it is a JD. Very pleased so far. ;-)

If money was no object one of the new Deere 6030 series, but since it is and I plan on buying one in about 6-8 months a Deere 5525 or a Kubota M9540 or M8540.

Three different neighbors have bought Kubotas this year.

Wish I had 4wd with all this rain right now.

Crowder, you wanting to spend some of that cash you been stashing?

I have been looking at a Farmtrac 675 dtc. I was going to go smaller for round bales but this seems like it should do the job. Has anyone had any good or bad luck with Farmtracs?

victory hunter":ajp5chxr said:
I have been looking at a Farmtrac 675 dtc. I was going to go smaller for round bales but this seems like it should do the job. Has anyone had any good or bad luck with Farmtracs?

Farmtrac used to be darn good tractos, don;t know if they still are or not. The only problem is a reliable dealer and they're not quite as strongly made as a JD. Traded my farmtrac of on a JD 5510. The resale on them is pretty poor. The one the dealer took in on trade is still sitting on the lot 3 years later and another when they had for 2 years before I traded mine is is stiing right beside it.

[/quote]Farmtrac used to be darn good tractos, don;t know if they still are or not. The only problem is a reliable dealer and they're not quite as strongly made as a JD. Traded my farmtrac of on a JD 5510. The resale on them is pretty poor. The one the dealer took in on trade is still sitting on the lot 3 years later and another when they had for 2 years before I traded mine is is stiing right beside it.

Now that is the kind of info I have been looking for. I am the type that likes to hear more than just a sales pitch on stuff. You guys are the resident experts on this kind of stuff.

Kubota's front spindles are weak. If you get a front loader make sure to get 4WD to go with it. My brother has replace 3 spindles.

My bro then-law got delivery on a 72 hp Farm-trac last Friday. It has the same front axel as the JD, Case-IH and Ford of the same size. Perkins engine same as in other tractors. Looks like a cross between a Long and Ford to me. It was 150 cheaper than a Montana. He likes blue that is why he bought it.

I'd go with a JD bought a New Holland TD95D going on third engine in less than 100 hrs total use all 3 engines.

Cal

Our JD tractors no matter what age will bring about the same money that they cost new. Off topic, but we bought an International 400 Cyclo planter when they came out paid $8600
for it 4 years later sold it for $800, that money just vaporized.
JD equipment just seems to hold it's value.

Larry

If you want the best then its JD hands down, if you want a little cheaper then I would go with the Kubota M95S not the 9540, lots of difference in the two.

I've always owned Fords, but these New Hollands don't do much for me. Not that I'd ever buy a new tractor, but I looked at an Agco RT115 (couple years old) a few weeks ago that tripped my trigger. 5.9 cummins with some sort of powershift. Really like the McCormicks but wonder how long they'll be around.

cfpinz

Latest posts