ICE anyone?

Help Support CattleToday:

cowgirl_jenna

Reaction score
Anybody else dealing with Icy driveways? We had a bunch of rain here yesterday and anywhere there was packed snow is now ice. The roads are just wet, but driveways are pretty interesting to say the least. I helped my dad with chores at the dairy this morning, and we had to put chains on the mixer tractor (front and back). Then, the wheel loader was completely helpless, so we rigged up a set of chains for it too, used some semi doubles and put a couple together to make enough for the front tires. It worked pretty well, but never had to put chains on that thing before! Just seems we have had a lot of ice the last two years, snow is fine, we can handle that, but ice sucks. On a positive/funny note (not for the dogs) it was hilarious watching them try and walk on the ice, its a good thing they are close to the ground as the falls dont bother them :) Our cattle lots at our farm are not too bad thankfully, its kinda rough enough they are getting around fine, but we have had to sand them a couple times earlier this winter due to ice.
Jenna

We have mud, mud, and more MUD! I have been bringing the cows to the barn to calve.We had some terminal salebarn cows that I bought last fall start calving now.So far so good. Most of my cows won't calve till the first of May. We had a foot of snow on Tuesday, and now it's 58 degrees and supposed to rain overnight so there's no fear of dust anytime soon.

Ice would be a fitting end to a miserable day here. Missed church. Had to pull a calf that didn't make it. Cooked a duck for supper that was just awful. Now, the washing machine is making a noise like a one lunger JD.

Latest posts