I would like to thank all of you that pay taxes.

Help Support CattleToday:

Welfare is welfare. A loser is a loser. Subsidies are for the weak. The weak will always suck at the gov tit.

Highgrit is no different than GM, Fannie Mae, AIG, or a tweaker using food stamps. Folks like him complain about the gov, but they'll dang sure take "free" money. They always rationalize their decisions too: but I have to buy obamacare, my wife told me to do it, I don't like Obama, I pay taxes so it's okay to game the system. etc. etc. etc.

So, you're welcome. Enjoy your taxpayer money. Sleep well.

I do hate to think of the ways the gov't tries to enslave people with free money... I am more against these endless grants that only are dead ends. Drought relief money is for a losses from a 'natural disaster', as it was for the Dakota storm losses... These losses weren't caused by poor management, lies, etc that Fannie Mae, AIG and GM had... Those ones were perfectly predictable.

The second thing is that I'm quite sure everyone on here works pretty hard all year.. People on welfare just don't work, and actually are quite incapable of it... The "safety net" has become too big and too fine meshed. Now absolutely nothing can fall through it anymore.

Here we manage our place so we don't pay taxes, we're small enough we can buy stuff to write off.. by the same token we just want to be left alone.. don't need or want grants, just stop putting up roadblocks everywhere.

I hate that anyone is over taxed to begin with. I hate to think that only those gaming the system will be in business in the long run, but I sure feel that way right now. I sure can't but help to think that Jo is right as well. I think land ownership is purely a figment of the imagination, though some of us may truly believe it still. It's gone, we just don't know it yet.

As far as Fannie Mae, if Im wrong, someone please correct me... but from what I've read, Fannie had more than enough financing to remain solvent. The feds gave fannie money that Fannie didn't need, and then put it in conservorship. This has allowed the feds to rob it blind. The loan has been paid back in full and they are still dumping billions in profits into the treasury and not to the stock holders who risked their capital. Fannie's creation right or wrong is not the point, it is the fact that under the guise of protection, the government is robbing private property (personal stocks) again.

highgrit":3rk6l8jp said:
I don't see where we lost anything.

That is my point and I bet the amount you got didn't make a hill of beans difference when you figure what they gave you after taxes. Where does this stuff end?

I am not totally against these programs but they have morphed into something they were not originally intended to be. I am for the farmer having protections against losing everything they've worked their lives to build due to something out of their control. Don't know if many remember when Carter played politics with the grain embargo and left farmers holding the bag with grain prices dropping to nothing. The farmer needs protection from stuff like this. Other than that, I think we have gone too far.

Jogeephus":38mg30c2 said:
highgrit":38mg30c2 said:
I don't see where we lost anything.

That is my point and I bet the amount you got didn't make a hill of beans difference when you figure what they gave you after taxes. Where does this stuff end?

I am not totally against these programs but they have morphed into something they were not originally intended to be. I am for the farmer having protections against losing everything they've worked their lives to build due to something out of their control. Don't know if many remember when Carter played politics with the grain embargo and left farmers holding the bag with grain prices dropping to nothing. The farmer needs protection from stuff like this. Other than that, I think we have gone too far.
My opinion is that it should be an insurance kind of deal. You pay a premium and if the drought hammers you you collect from the insurance. If you didn;t buy the insurance it's just tough.

I took the money. got just short of $18,300. FIgured the extra feed I bought in the drought came to around 20K, so they had it figured pretty close.
Now, I thought it was stupid and unnecessary. But, for me to protest by not taking the money would have made no difference to anyone but myself, and could potentially help others. The lawmakers, like them or not they were voted in, made those laws. My money will be used in the local community and be used over by the people I pay. What is the saying about a farmer's money turning over 7 times in the community?
A protest of not taking it may have made a difference if my local tax money was being used in a county program. Because most of the money will be spent locally, helping my local economy, I would hope my county FSA administrator makes sure everyone in the county gets the money the lawmakers, like them or not, decided would help. Not just me, but my feed supplier, the guy painting my house, the plumber putting in the waterer, my local machinery dealership, local hardware store, and ALL the people I am going to pass the money on to. True, if I had 5 head it wouldn't be worth the trouble.
I hate Oboma, and all politics, but money is what it takes to keep things rolling. Not taking the money and spending locally isn't just about you. It's not welfare, it's about keeping a farming community afloat. Ever seen a broke county? Can't even afford to keep the courthouse heated, no employees worth anything? Really sad sight. It snowballs from there, as the county employees aren't spending money either.
Sunday morn, thought I'd check in, I'll shut up now. gs

Some years back we had a drought disaster program in SD that I signed up for. That was when Uncle Sam had a huge surplus of outdated non-fat dried milk (NDM) It was in excellent condition and was not buggy. I mixed a glass to try it myself. It was alright, but I don't like dry skim milk in the first place. :p

The NDM contained a high level of natural protein and did help a lot of producers hang on through the winter in a time of lean winter feed supplies. And it helped Uncle Sam unload his oversupply of outdated NDM in a productive way.

IIRC, when you signed up for the program you became eligible to buy feed containing this NDM available to participating suppliers of your choice. I put in to get my quota of the feed in 3 different forms at a local place. I got cake made with the NDM, Crystalyx tubs with NDM added, and NDM alone in 60 lb bags.

I used the cake to supplement my own home grown hay fed to the cows. The NDM cake was the hardest cake I have seen in my life. Also some of the Crystalyx to cows which I fed salt and mineral on top of it to slow consumption.

I would feed a bag of NDM to about 60 heifer calves I had kept for replacements. I just opened the bag and spread it out over 4 - 16' steel feed bunks. Then I came along with a 5 gal bucket of cracked corn/DDG on top of the NDM in each bunk.

Didn't feed the NDM on windy days because it was so light and dusty and liked to blow around. I tried it both ways and decided under the corn/DDG was better.Calves really loved the stuff and did well on it.

Build it and they will come.

MV5BMjE2NTkxMTMzMl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwODczMTIyMw@@._V1_SX640_SY720_.jpg

Joe Biden: 'We Have to Go Spend Money to Keep From Going Bankrupt'

If you believe in this then you will surely want this as a wallpaper for your computer.

highgrit":jm1b1yqb said:
We received our drought relief check today. I feel kind of guilty and Un American. I will never figure out how giving people subsidies or relief checks is any different than welfare. But I will promise every one that we will not buy beer or drugs with our check. Thanks again, my fellow Taxpayer's.
He// I'd cash it at the liquor store just so Uncle Sam could see the endorsement on the back. :lol2: :lol2:

TexasBred":2c9tf277 said:
highgrit":2c9tf277 said:
We received our drought relief check today. I feel kind of guilty and Un American. I will never figure out how giving people subsidies or relief checks is any different than welfare. But I will promise every one that we will not buy beer or drugs with our check. Thanks again, my fellow Taxpayer's.
He// I'd cash it at the liquor store just so Uncle Sam could see the endorsement on the back. :lol2: :lol2:

Lmao :lol2: :clap:

TexasBred":11pnxdot said:
highgrit":11pnxdot said:
Too bad the Bunny Ranch is closed. You could give it right back to the fed gov

Maybe the best thing is for everyone to get all they can and donate to Judicial Watch. They've gotten more information on the lies of Benghazi and the IRS than Congress. I'd support you getting all you can to fund those guys work. They're doing something right to get all these smoking gun emails.

You took the money, so you the ho. Am I the only one that couldnt see that this was all about getting the vote. We had a bad drought here a few years back, no money came this way because Texas at present is a red state. If Bami can figure out a way to screw with our politics , he does.... No one should get any money , even those banks that cant be allowed to fold or carmakers that are always sitting at the tit. Bravo for Ford for not taking the money!

Our country has lost its way, everyone sitting around waiting on a check. If someone dosnt wish to get health insurance or car insurance or liability insurance so be it. Let them suffer for their choices. If they take your home and proceeds because you decided to make a different a different path so be it. If you live in earthquake country and have no insurance tuff shyt. if you live in a flood zone or hurricane area and have no insurance, tuff shyt. You live in tornado alley and dont have insurance tuff shyt!

Life is about choices, in a drought you sell your animals until your at level that your land can support. You should also put back money for the unexpected things, like A South Dakota ice storm. You should have provisions and a generator to make it by until things get better. These are ideas our elders used to live by. All of these things can be achieved but it means making different choices. Do you really need a new truck, tractor, boat, or a list of many other things. So if you wanna take the money, you the HO, but please dont whine about it if you have buyers remorse

I am okay with you taking the money(not that I would, I'm in a severe drought and I haven't and won't), but you need to stop telling us that you're a conservative. It's intellectually dishonest to tell us all about how bad you feel after you took the money... You took the money.

ga.prime":1ypsow10 said:
If you don't take the money they'll just find somebody less deserving to give it to.

Yeah then maybe I could finally get my phone. I can't think of anyone less deserving than myself. :mrgreen:

I sure wouldn't feel bad, I have paid well over a million dollars in taxes in my short lifetime. If they are going to give any back, I am going to take it!

IABeef":38yneif2 said:
I sure wouldn't feel bad, I have paid well over a million dollars in taxes in my short lifetime. If they are going to give any back, I am going to take it!

Congrats if you have already paid a million in a short lifespan. Your either a millionaire or you have a bad tax accountant.

Latest posts