I would like to thank all of you that pay taxes.

Help Support CattleToday:

1982vett":2b342rhu said:
Caustic Burno":2b342rhu said:
Hurley I am actually embarrassed by my pastures they are horrible and they are better than any of
the neighbors. I have checked everything there is to check, the only thing I can hang my hat on
is last winter. It is pretty and green just not growing no one's is.
Pasture that used to have 40 head standing knee deep this time of year is barely keeping up with 20.
I know my bermuda got the fire knocked out of it and the Bahia is just sitting there.
Only had to mow the yard once this year, usually cussing that I have to cut it every few days.

Yep....pastures are horrible this year for lack of spring rain. Cold weather lasted longer.....or did it just return to some sort of "normal".

Rained a good rain today over here in the Taylor area. Some of the corn is going into silk, most is just tasseling and needed it. I hope we got a good back home to add to what we got 2 weeks ago. Seems that the number of cows coming to the sale barn is beginning to escalate. I know I went through the list and fired some.....along with some 500 lbs calves. With June right around the corner it looks like a good time to take the opportunity to shed a few and still get a really good price.

I think four snows here contributed a lot as well, knocked the crap out of bermuda.
It set the bahia back as well, been raining here for the last hour.

We ended up with 1" of rain last night. I put nitrogen on the corn and had a rain that doesn't happen very often. Welfare is not a bad thing it's the way it's handed out that's the problem. When you reward people with more money for having babies that they can't afford in the first place somethings wrong. We need population control, if you can't pay for your first one you get fixed.

Caustic Burno":3vll5gn0 said:
Then lets do away with all government regulation so our industry and workers can compete with the subsidized of the world.

Cool Idea. Let's put a very small flat tax on everything we purchase (except food) to cover necessary limited government and do away with all tax breaks. Sounds fair to me. There'd be a lot more for everyone. :compute:

I really like the flat tax idea much better. Pay on what you earn, otherwise I would feel like I'm being penalized for injecting money back into the economy. Also, government would have to more responsible with their spending.

gimpyrancher":iv1hhh9b said:
Caustic Burno":iv1hhh9b said:
Then lets do away with all government regulation so our industry and workers can compete with the subsidized of the world.

Cool Idea. Let's put a very small flat tax on everything we purchase (except food) to cover necessary limited government and do away with all tax breaks. Sounds fair to me. There'd be a lot more for everyone. :compute:
Problem I have with a flat tax is I believe it wouldn't stay flat for very long.

With a flat tax politicians would have it looking like what have right now in five years.
I am still for a sales tax if they get greedy slows down the money they get as people will spend less.

Caustic Burno":mli3ovop said:
With a flat tax politicians would have it looking like what have right now in five years.
I am still for a sales tax if they get greedy slows down the money they get as people will spend less.

Remember when the sale tax was voted on by we folks here in Texas. 1 cent on the dollar never knew there was a hook in it to allow the raising of the taxes without a vote after that. Now it is 8 cents on the dollar in some places. That is with the cities be able to add a tax also.

I'm late to the party but are these checks only paid to farmers who produce crops? Or does it apply for beef producers as well?

I've never heard of getting money from the gov so I had to ask. I did check the website and a local dairy near me whose owner is a preacher has gotten over $770,000 since 1995 in farm subsidy checks.

Calhoun Farm":a93l030x said:
I'm late to the party but are these checks only paid to farmers who produce crops? Or does it apply for beef producers as well?

I've never heard of getting money from the gov so I had to ask. I did check the website and a local dairy near me whose owner is a preacher has gotten over $770,000 since 1995 in farm subsidy checks.

Beef cattle, are not really subsidized. Only relief in disaster. Field crops, and fruit are highly subsidized. Also 40k a year, wouldn't get you noticed around here.

hurleyjd":1ru61mo9 said:
Caustic Burno":1ru61mo9 said:

Remember when the sale tax was voted on by we folks here in Texas. 1 cent on the dollar never knew there was a hook in it to allow the raising of the taxes without a vote after that. Now it is 8 cents on the dollar in some places. That is with the cities be able to add a tax also.
I would rather pay that than what I am paying Uncl Sam.
We can also rolled taxes back on the state level.
We need a constitional addmendmet on taxes that ties the crooks hands.

Latest posts