I need a weedeater recomendation

Help Support CattleToday:

I use this kind of blade:
100_1156.JPG

Tried one of these--it's ok on wimpy stuff--anything bigger than a reed, I hated it:
31METv9FhJL._SX300_.jpg

Still waiting to hear anyone review the kind with the chainsaw teeth on it.
8%252BInch%252BBeaver%252BBlade_R.jpg

They're pretty easy and quick to resharpen for me, and I've resharpened a few of them so much there wasn't much left before I finally scrapped 'em.

Stay away from 4 strokes…Just heavy!

I have use REDMAX for the past 10 years or so. Current trimmers are 4-5 years old. Get used 4 days a week all summer every summer. Plug and filter, a little grease and its trucking right along!

Strongly recommend.

Hear Husqvarna owns them now. Hopefully they haven't messed with designs. Don't know myself...

We just got it. She hasn't used it enough to form a strong opinion, other than to say it is much easier than the Stihl gas.

She hasn't gone thru a charge yet. It comes with the biggest 20V they have.

Be careful, they sell one without battery and charger. I needed another charger and another big battery so I got the full meal deal. I have standardized on 20V Dewalt.

I rely on Amazon ratings and it was rated good. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00TL ... UTF8&psc=1

We are a month into this weed eater. It's good. It comes with a big battery. I can't say exactly how long it will last. I have three batteries and my wife just grabs one. Good guess, the big battery that came with it will give an hours use.

My wife likes it. She is using it right now. That is what made me think about this thread.

HDRider":1dwsteqv said:
I just bought my wife one of these..
51Ze9zJWCdL._SY355_.jpg

Come to find out, the weight of the weedeater is what we need to be most concerned with. I ran in Lowes today, and picked up and held one like this. It seemed like the trick. I don't have any other Dewalt cordless tools. Should I get the 40 volt, or the 20?

Bigfoot":213fh3sc said:
HDRider":213fh3sc said:
51Ze9zJWCdL._SY355_.jpg

Come to find out, the weight of the weedeater is what we need to be most concerned with. I ran in Lowes today, and picked up and held one like this. It seemed like the trick. I don't have any other Dewalt cordless tools. Should I get the 40 volt, or the 20?
Something else to consider is the trigger mechanism. My wifes is so hard to keep held in that she can only use it for a few minutes at a time before her hand cramps. I modified it and now she doesn;t have to hold it at all except to start it.

Bigfoot":3bosxm2d said:
A schindiawa came heavily recommended by a guy that mows for a living.
Yes, they are a good weed eater. I run a .130" line on mine and it is a hog.

Bigfoot":2uzsovcv said:
HDRider":2uzsovcv said:
51Ze9zJWCdL._SY355_.jpg

I didn't know there was a 40. I got the 20.

Bigger is better.

Always ran a Stihl, had to replace it a few years back and got a really good deal on an Echo. Still going strong, runs very well and has been very dependable, but I don't like the spool on it as much as I do the Stihl. You have to feed it through the holes instead of just sliding it through the gaps.

dun":3q3izvhv said:
Bigfoot":3q3izvhv said:
HDRider":3q3izvhv said:
51Ze9zJWCdL._SY355_.jpg

Something else to consider is the trigger mechanism. My wifes is so hard to keep held in that she can only use it for a few minutes at a time before her hand cramps. I modified it and now she doesn;t have to hold it at all except to start it.

Let me get this straight, your wife weedeats? How did you talk her in to that one? :lol2:

I have a small landscape and mowing business so I have mowed and weed eated as many as 25 yards to as few as 15 this year. I use to run Troybilt ; they are light , inexpensive , but only last about 2 seasons. A few years back I bought an Echo, a little more expensive, but still light. This is the 4 th year with this guy ! New primer bulb and carburetor before mowing season but still having carb issues so this may be his last year. By the way, mine stay on my trailer all summer and stay out in the weather. Only go to the shed during winter. I'll buy another Echo.

Latest posts