A/T tires

Help Support CattleToday:

I've ran several sets of Toyos on my duallys and have liked them. Never had any problems. I either get them or Michelins.

I have had a couple sets of Hankooks on a couple company 3/4 ton vehicles running around about 8000# all the time, never wore one at as they blow at first. I hear good things about the Falken AT3's I might try them next.
We run the Falken AT3's 10 ply on all of our vehicles and generally get about 60k miles plus out of a set and they do well off road. I like the aggressive sidewall on them as well, all around good tire for a good price.

I've used BFG A/T's on most everything that gets a fair amount of miles for the past 30 years or so, absolutely loved them until Michelin bought out BFG (or so I heard). Since then, I've had two sets that haven't balanced very well, and they dry rot much faster. The Michelins on my wife's daily driver ride horribly, and they are the exact same tire that came on it new - which rode great. Go figure. I also really like Firestone tires, so take that as you will.

This set of BFG ATs has 23,756 miles on them. Under a heavy diesel with 90% of the miles hooked to a trailer. 45-50k should be no problem which doesn't seem to bad to me given their application.

@cfpinz BfG has been owned by Michelin since 1988 it appears.

Attachments

• 20240219_081710.jpg
    20240219_081710.jpg
    346.7 KB · Views: 4
I guess BFG fixed their problem years ago with their All Terrain T/A's but it left a sour taste in my mouth I can't get over. They were prone to separating and would do it often at 50% tread wear or less. I didn't have the kind of money back then to just replace a whole set so got caught in a cycle of buying a pair at a time as they separated. It was awful. And it turns out I guess I can carry a grudge.

This set of BFG ATs has 23,756 miles on them. Under a heavy diesel with 90% of the miles hooked to a trailer. 45-50k should be no problem which doesn't seem to bad to me given their application.

@cfpinz BfG has been owned by Michelin since 1988 it appears.
They must have changed their rubber compound in the last 10 years or so, that's when I started noticing the dry rot showing up sooner than later.

I guess BFG fixed their problem years ago with their All Terrain T/A's but it left a sour taste in my mouth I can't get over. They were prone to separating and would do it often at 50% tread wear or less. I didn't have the kind of money back then to just replace a whole set so got caught in a cycle of buying a pair at a time as they separated. It was awful. And it turns out I guess I can carry a grudge.
Sounds very similar to my experience with firestones

Latest posts