I’ve done acquired a goat

Help Support CattleToday:

Buck Randall said:
That's pretty much how everyone gets into the goat "business".

Gonna turn him in at the barn hopefully he don't escape.... on a plus note he's knows what a feed bucket is so he won't be hard to catch if he does escape

Domesticated goats are easier than sheep, they are usually gluttons for things like bread, and the horns make them easy to hold when they rush you for whatever your holding.

Easier to drench etc too, cause you can hold he head, but they also get themselves into trouble with the horns as well, including stuck heads if the wrong fencing type.

PS if he is intact, he gonna be looking for the gals.....also, they are like most ruminants & need a mate, and that mate needs a mate & so on, you get the picture :)

What I foresee is him eating every desirable flower around the house and walking around on top of your wife's car.
Ask me how I know.

greggy said:
Domesticated goats are easier than sheep, they are usually gluttons for things like bread, and the horns make them easy to hold when they rush you for whatever your holding.

Easier to drench etc too, cause you can hold he head, but they also get themselves into trouble with the horns as well, including stuck heads if the wrong fencing type.

Bingo! Neighbors goat last year.

callmefence said:
DCA farm said:
My cousins been using him to eat some bull crap on edge of his yard said he was tired of fooling with him asked me if I wanted him.
What breed do you think that is Fence??
Where can I get load of these bull crap eating goats. $$$$

Lucky_P said:
What I foresee is him eating every desirable flower around the house and walking around on top of your wife's car.
Ask me how I know.

Soon to be exWife's car is parked at her boyfriends house but thanks for the idea may just have to take it over there and drop it off.

callmefence said:
DCA farm said:
My cousins been using him to eat some bull crap on edge of his yard said he was tired of fooling with him asked me if I wanted him.

Now Fence you know that's a young breeder buck...
Where can I get load of these bull crap eating goats. $$$$

they do learn about electric fence fairly well.....they are pretty smart and that is the biggest problem with them...they will find the holes in your system....but I do like mine and they all come running when they see me...they are in with the horses to eat the stuff the horses won't eat...and to help keep the fences clean...they do help some...

Latest posts